Andy Rooney Dead at 92

auditor0007

Gold Member
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, OH
Andy Rooney Dead: Former '60 Minutes' Commentator Dies At 92 Years Old

NEW YORK — Andy Rooney so dreaded the day he had to end his signature "60 Minutes" commentaries about life's large and small absurdities that he kept going until he was 92 years old.

Even then, he said he wasn't retiring. Writers never retire. But his life after the end of "A Few Minutes With Andy Rooney" was short: He died Friday night, according to CBS, only a month after delivering his 1,097th and final televised commentary.

Rooney had gone to the hospital for an undisclosed surgery, but major complications developed and he never recovered.

"Andy always said he wanted to work until the day he died, and he managed to do it, save the last few weeks in the hospital," said his "60 Minutes" colleague, correspondent Steve Kroft.

You will be missed. RIP

In his final appearance on 60 minutes he was a crotchety asshole and basically told people to leave him the fuck alone.

Nobody's bothering you now bud. :thup:

In his final appearance on 60 minutes he was a crotchety asshole and basically told people to leave him the fuck alone.

Nobody's bothering you now bud. :thup:

True...can you imagine the guy as your neighbor??
To sum up Andy Rooney:

When asked why he never signs autographs...
"You have to be an idiot to ask me for an autograph...I don't like idiots"

When asked about his fan mail...
"Oh my...I get more fan mail than most here...I never read them really, and have never wrote back. I don't think I like the kind of morons that writes fan mail"

Forum List

Back