Andy Rooney Dead at 92

since I am not into celeb worship his death hits me about the same as anyone elses death whom I did not know personally.
In other words not much.

People die every day.

yes. and some people touch a lot of lives in one way or another. nothing wrong with giving a salute to someone who entertained us or informed us or inspired us.

that's not worship. that's simply giving people their due. :)

since I am not into celeb worship his death hits me about the same as anyone elses death whom I did not know personally.
In other words not much.

People die every day.

True not to many common people knew him personally but coming from the golden years of the TV age he visited most people my age homes every Sunday for 30 some odd years. Yes he was part of an extended family. I wouldn't call it worship just the loss of an old uncle.

In other words not much.

People die every day.

yes. and some people touch a lot of lives in one way or another. nothing wrong with giving a salute to someone who entertained us or informed us or inspired us.

I can't rep you at this time

As each passing deminshes us a little, I am a bit sad for that.

But the man himself I never cared for. He replaced the best part of the program (The point counterpoint segment) with inane whining over stupid. I never watched the program after he came on. He replaced the best part of liberalsim (Shana Alexander's passionate arguments that life could be better if we worked hard together to make it so) with the worst part of liberalism, the whiney "I'm entitled" pissing and moaning that is irritating when dealing with a two year old but is really outrageous when expressed by an elderly white guy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxgr9tdy7BI]The one and only Andy Rooney - YouTube[/ame]

I always loved Andy Rooney and am saddened by his passing.

As a young child I watched how he considered things thoughtfully and with good humor...He made me laugh often and I will never forget him...May he rest in peace!

i heard a clip this morning in which he said no writer ever had an original thought but he was successful because he said what other people were thinking and didn't articulate.

In other words not much.

People die every day.

Oh he was more then that. Anyone in love with old fashion news reporting knows he was one from the Ed Murrow school of reporting. He's done some pretty hard hitting journalism in his day..and his slice of life pieces on 60 minutes were reminicent of Jean Shepard. The old school is slowly dying off. :(

Did you ever wonder about people who die at 92?

What is is with those guys, anyway?

Did they just lose steam on their way to centenaria?

Or perhaps, they were just tired of getting up in the middle of the night to pee three or four times?

At any rate I'm dead now, and at 92 and I just want to remind my dead fans that if you meet me in heaven, please don't yell out my name.

This was Andy Rooney signing off

Gotta say, this is not a bad tribute...

Sorry bout that,

1. He was fun to watch, had some good ideas, was a bit of a whiner, but he whined well, shunned his celebrity, wanted to be *Just a Normal Guy*, was funny too, stayed a long time, and was a liberal, other than being a liberal, he did well, thats the *CWN* view.
2. "You know what I hate about this?"
3. That was kind of his tag lines, he asked questions, which is what people should do.
4. RIP ol chap!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
He was a harmless clown CBS used to try to balance it's phony scripted "investigative" shows. He was a nice enough guy who should have retired when Godfrey went off the air.

Forum List

Back