Andy Reid- stubborn as a mule, or dumb as an ox?

Abbey Normal

Jul 9, 2005
Mid-Atlantic region
I don't know if any of you are following the debacle that is known as the Phildadelphia Eagles this season, but if you are, QB McNabb is injured, playing like a second-string High School QB, yet Reid won't take him out for a single game, or even a single quarter.

Terrell Owens is causing all sorts of team morale problems, and has been suspended indefinitely. He had said, among other choice things, that if Brett Farve was the QB, the Eagles would be winning. I agree, and could add several QB's to that list.

I think Reid has two huge problems:
1. He is blinded by love for McNabb, who in his eyes can do no wrong, and
2. He is too stubborn to change his game plans for anything.

How does this all look to you outside of Philly? Waht do you think is the biggest problem, Reid, McNabb, or Owens?

1. No running game. They are relying too much on McNabb - he is hurt and will be for the rest of the season.

2. Special teams - terrible.

3. Defensive line - no pressure on the quarterback.

Abbey Normal said:
Terrell Owens is causing all sorts of team morale problems, and has been suspended indefinitely. He had said, among other choice things, that if Brett Farve was the QB, the Eagles would be winning. I agree, and could add several QB's to that list.

When the Eagles decided to take a shot with Owens, McNabb should have made it a point to tell him what was expected and what would/would not be tolerated. A lot of Owens mouth running could have been avoided if McNabb had told him simply this: "This is my team. If we can't play together, it will be you who leaves, not me. If you do/say anything that embarasses me or the Eagles, your agent is going to have a very hard time finding you a new team because you will never again catch a football that I throw. The NFL has no job for a receiver who creates problems and has no catches for zero-yards.

I think the news coming out of philly that Andy had no choice. Apparently, donovan called a players ONLY meeting to clear the air about TO's comments. In that meeting TO apparently wanted to fight with McNabb. When McNabb shook him off with disgust, TO then asked anyone else who wanted to fight him to step up. You cant have that in a locker room. At first i thought suspending him was a bad move but now its a nobrainer. He will never play another game for the eagles again.

McNabb is hurting and having a loudmouth WR questioning his every move in his hear hasnt helped him. Our backup QB's arent going to get the job done. If donovan goes out then the season is over. With donovan in there we still have a shot.

The DLine has been awful. Andy needs to run the ball more and the special teams has been hit or miss. There are alot of things out of Andy's control but benching mcNabb is not going to solve any of it.

Ownes has to be the worst teammate in the history of the NFL. :(

I'm no fan of the Eagles, but for their sake, I hope TO never plays again for their franchise.

I don't think it's so much that McNabb is bad as it is that the game plan is terrible. I think they pass the ball over 80% of the time.

That never works in the NFL.

They had more balance last night. They were about 60/40 pas to run last night. Still wasnt enough. They had chances to win the game but this year teams are better and the Eagles have just lost a step. I think they are still a good team but everyone has caught up and they can blow teams out anymore.

TO better be out for the year. Its bad enough we're not going to the Super Bowl this year but we shouldnt have to deal with this overgrown baby :gay: for the rest of the season. LEt him see how much money he'll get after the season's over. It wont be anywhere near the $9 mil the eagles were going to give him on the 3rd year of his 7 year contract. Too bad he wont be able to feed his family. :puke3:

I would like to see a professional sports team stand up and do "what is right."

Eagles - bench T.O. Don't play him. They are under no obligation to play him. Sure, they'll have to pay him this year but I think with all the trouble he has caused, sitting his sorry ass on the bench won't hurt them any more.

Vikings - Suspend every single person who acted irresponsibly on the "sex cruise."

I'm sure there are many more examples.

How about someone sending the right message?

GotZoom said:
I would like to see a professional sports team stand up and do "what is right."

Eagles - bench T.O. Don't play him. They are under no obligation to play him. Sure, they'll have to pay him this year but I think with all the trouble he has caused, sitting his sorry ass on the bench won't hurt them any more.

Vikings - Suspend every single person who acted irresponsibly on the "sex cruise."

I'm sure there are many more examples.

How about someone sending the right message?

It's a business though, zoom, and you have to balance making money somewhere in there. If you bench the entire Viking's team, that penalizes your season ticket holders. Maybe if you bench them all and then refund the ticketholders...

The ClayTaurus said:
It's a business though, zoom, and you have to balance making money somewhere in there. If you bench the entire Viking's team, that penalizes your season ticket holders. Maybe if you bench them all and then refund the ticketholders...

Don't have to bench the entire team. There is a morals/ethics clause in the contract.

Hit them where it hurts the most. Money. Fine them.

GotZoom said:
Don't have to bench the entire team. There is a morals/ethics clause in the contract.

I'm all for fining. There's a line though where you hurt your fanbase. Your season ticket holders shouldn't have to totally suck it if your team acts like an idiot.

GotZoom said:

You cant fine these guys. They get fined $10,000 to $50,000. To you or me that would be like paying a $10 parking ticket. We think nothing of it. They only way to get through to these guys is take them away from the spotlight and the playing field.

insein said:
You cant fine these guys. They get fined $10,000 to $50,000. To you or me that would be like paying a $10 parking ticket. We think nothing of it. They only way to get through to these guys is take them away from the spotlight and the playing field.

T.O. has been suspended for four games, then will be put on inactive reserve the rest of the season.

The four game suspension will cost him almost $800,000. A lot more than a parking ticket.

The Eagles will have to pay Owens nearly $1 million to stay home the final five games.

Small price to pay to get rid of the B.S. drama.

It is a shame - he is very talented.

Abbey Normal said:
He had said, among other choice things, that if Brett Farve was the QB, the Eagles would be winning.

Don't know about that. Brett...isn't having his best season, hehe. It's really sad that such an awesome QB has to retire with such an asstacular season as his last.

Abbey Normal said:
I don't know if any of you are following the debacle that is known as the Phildadelphia Eagles this season, but if you are, QB McNabb is injured, playing like a second-string High School QB, yet Reid won't take him out for a single game, or even a single quarter.

I think Reid has two huge problems:
1. He is blinded by love for McNabb, who in his eyes can do no wrong, and
2. He is too stubborn to change his game plans for anything.

How does this all look to you outside of Philly? Waht do you think is the biggest problem, Reid, McNabb, or Owens?

having watched owen pull the same shit here in sf i could have told you this would happen....there is no "I" in team but you can spell "me"

Forum List

Back