Andy Red Heard Me - T.O. Suspended For Rest Of Season

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Terrell Owens won't return to the Philadelphia Eagles this season, coach Andy Reid said Monday.

The outspoken star receiver was suspended for Sunday night's 17-10 loss at Washington, and will remain suspended for three more games. After that, the Eagles plan to deactivate Owens for the rest of the season.

"The league has been notified by the players' union that they will be grieving our right to take that action," Reid said, "therefore there is nothing more that I can say at this point."

Owens was suspended over the weekend following a tumultuous week in which he criticized the club, fought with a former teammate and took another verbal shot at quarterback Donovan McNabb.

"I do want it to be clear that this decision is a result of a large number of situations that accumulated over a long period of time," Reid said.

Owens "had been warned repeatedly about the consequences of his actions," Reid said. "We gave Terrell every opportunity to avoid this outcome."

Rest of story: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/11/07/owens.suspension.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

Did you see the Apology TO Read yesterday?

After Owens spoke, Rosenhaus was given the opportunity to respond to questions. Such as: Why didn't Owens make this type of apology when it could have made a difference? Had they made a mistake by demanding the Eagles renegotiate the 7-year, $49 million contract Owens signed before last season? Was it damning that McNabb said the Eagles were better off without Owens?

Each time, Rosenhaus didn't answer, instead saying, "Next question."

Rosenhaus said "next question" nearly a dozen times, with the finale coming when he was asked, after 7 months of representing Owens, what he had done for his client other than get him kicked off the team.

TO sounded sincere and i almost felt sorry for him until Rosenhaus opened his yap. From the first word i could tell that it was all just a song and dance after that. It was damage control for any future teams looking to higher Owens as a player.

Hes done in Philly. If he truly is apologetic its sad then because if he would have done that last week or at the begining of the season then hed still be playing. We're not having a good year and wont win the Super Bowl, so getting this over with now is a good thing. The younger guys can get some time and the team can move on.

The truth is that ever since TO highered Rosenhaus, he's lost money, he's been kicked off the team and he's become even more of a disgrace around the NFL. Now alot of that is his fault, but how much could have been avoided had he shut up and been happy with his current contract? Now he wont be making $9 mil next year no matter where he goes. It could have been one of the great tandems in history, McNabb to TO but he screwed it all up.

Forum List

Back