Androphobia

-=d=- said:
True story....

In the Army in germany a group of soldiers at a certain-said Air Defense Battalion were about to have assigned their first Female Soldier. In the 'sensativity training' prior to, most of the battalion was gathered in a theater listening to a Domestic Violence Briefing by a lady.

As she spoke, she asked, rhetorically, 'Husbands, why would your wife EVER deserve to get hit?"

As if on cue, a VERY southern man shouts up at the stage, "Because she NAGS too much!!"

The sound of 600 men busting their guts in laughter is enough to inspire. :)
Your point is what?

-=d=- said:
True story....

In the Army in germany a group of soldiers at a certain-said Air Defense Battalion were about to have assigned their first Female Soldier. In the 'sensativity training' prior to, most of the battalion was gathered in a theater listening to a Domestic Violence Briefing by a lady.

As she spoke, she asked, rhetorically, 'Husbands, why would your wife EVER deserve to get hit?"

As if on cue, a VERY southern man shouts up at the stage, "Because she NAGS too much!!"

The sound of 600 men busting their guts in laughter is enough to inspire. :)

Why are there homes for abuse women?

Becauase they won't effin listen.

Mr. P said:
No Said...in Ds' world their not "abused" just disciplined..like his kids..a good beating now and then teaches em who's da boss. Ya know?

I know he spanks his kids, I don't think he hits his wife though. Did he say that somewhere and I missed it?

NATO AIR said:
Domestic violence is still considerably widespread in this nation. That is a fact agreed upon by a lot of folks who work within the law enforcement community, the military, the hospital sector, etc etc. John Ashcroft, one of this nation's most famous conservatives, is one of the most widespread supporters of domestic violence awareness in the country. I don't think he would lend his name, time and energy to a bullshit cause.

More worrisome is the high rate of domestic violence among immigrants, particulary Mexicans. I'm sure this is something WJ would love to hear, but it is sadly true and will only become a growing problem.

Of course, as I have stated in the past, I have a personal connection with domestic violence, I volunteered my time in a battered woman's shelter in N. Chicago for three and a half months in 2003. I've seen it up close and personal, and trust me, it still happens far more often than it should.

I have read that domestic violence is much more likely to occur in situations where a man and woman are cohabitating than if they are actually married. Seems to me like putting a man in a more responsible position may make him act more responsibly.

mom4 said:
I have read that domestic violence is much more likely to occur in situations where a man and woman are cohabitating than if they are actually married. Seems to me like putting a man in a more responsible position may make him act more responsibly.

I think we as a society (and others have mentioned this) need to reestablish, reaffirm the duties and rights of a man as husband and father. We have weakened him and his position, giving cover to those who want to shirk from their responsibilties and unfairly maligning those who want to be good fathers and husbands.

NATO AIR said:
I think we as a society (and others have mentioned this) need to reestablish, reaffirm the duties and rights of a man as husband and father. We have weakened him and his position, giving cover to those who want to shirk from their responsibilties and unfairly maligning those who want to be good fathers and husbands.

Rights and duties of males were taken by criminalizing them and "legally" altering social order. Men have been demonized by using extreme examples as an attempt to define the norm. While woman certainly needed more access to freedoms, destroying men only served to create a backlash. Women have no more claim to the moral high ground than men.

Forum List

Back