Androphobia

Joz said:
You can't put the Genie back in the bottle! But this is a direct result from the way men have considered/treated women. God put man over women, but not as a task-master. He was to lead the family spiritually. Men have failed to be men.

Trust me--the punishment is working

Has anyone ever read the book The War Against Boys by Christina Hoff Sommers? It seems to pertain to this subject on a juvenile level. Often thought of reading it, but never got around to it.

I think this is a tragedy especially where it concerns young boys, who aren't given a place in society or allowed to be proud of their gender. I alway refer to my boys as "little men," and I won't allow my girls to come home from school spouting, "Boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider, girls go to Mars to get more candy bars." They get time out if that comes out of their mouths.

I too attempt to re-enforce my son's gender...I call him "Hey Man!" or "Hey Boy!" regularly. In fact, whilst speaking of him, I'll do as such:

"Alaina and Mom went shopping - me and The Boy are home watchin' football."

etc.

Wild at Heart is another great book for dealing with men of all ages.

mom4 said:
Has anyone ever read the book The War Against Boys by Christina Hoff Sommers? It seems to pertain to this subject on a juvenile level. Often thought of reading it, but never got around to it.

I think this is a tragedy especially where it concerns young boys, who aren't given a place in society or allowed to be proud of their gender. I alway refer to my boys as "little men," and I won't allow my girls to come home from school spouting, "Boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider, girls go to Mars to get more candy bars." They get time out if that comes out of their mouths.
You go Mom--raise some REAL men !

dilloduck said:
You go Mom--raise some REAL men !

Thanks dillo! Not very PC of me, but it's the way I feel.

I see so many men my age or a little younger who are utterly confused about how to be the leaders in their homes. Either the wife is completely in control or the man is overbearing. It's so sad that a generation of men have lost the ability to lead with grace.

As for women, we are the ones who lost out. I remember my mother telling me about when she and my father were dating. The boy picked the girl up, opened doors, walked on the outside of the sidewalk closer to the road. How could any woman consider this disrespectul behavior? That is mind-boggling to me. Seems to show respect and care to me.

My father refused to open doors for any woman outside the family. He had a feminazi in the 70's curse at him for doing this. Such a shame.

-=d=- said:
when I try to explain to an albeit younger, immature crowd, the concept of the husband being the 'head' of the household, I get labelled a sexist...bigot...slave-driver...etc...
Yeah, well.
And when a man GOES to make the decision, it should only be AFTER he has been on his knees and asked God for His guidance. This isn't a responsibility that ANY man should take lightly.

mom4 said:
Thanks dillo! Not very PC of me, but it's the way I feel.

I see so many men my age or a little younger who are utterly confused about how to be the leaders in their homes. Either the wife is completely in control or the man is overbearing. It's so sad that a generation of men have lost the ability to lead with grace.

As for women, we are the ones who lost out. I remember my mother telling me about when she and my father were dating. The boy picked the girl up, opened doors, walked on the outside of the sidewalk closer to the road. How could any woman consider this disrespectul behavior? That is mind-boggling to me. Seems to show respect and care to me.

My father refused to open doors for any woman outside the family. He had a feminazi in the 70's curse at him for doing this. Such a shame.

I think a lot of men feel like your father---gentlemen now sorta have to see how the woman wants to be treated before we treat--and women get pissed off when we can't read their minds. We all sorta suffer from the effects of androphobia.

Joz said:
Yeah, well.
And when a man GOES to make the decision, it should only be AFTER he has been on his knees and asked God for His guidance. This isn't a responsibility that ANY man should take lightly.

...only the important decisions...but yeah...indeed.

Joz said:
Yeah, well.

Again I take it that you think men don't take this very seriously--some of the VERY serious ones are still confused but I guess they have to wait til the women have hit thier knees too .

mom4 said:
I don't think this behavior is what caused the problem. See post #16, last paragraph. ;)

Joz said:
I don't think this behavior is what caused the problem. See post #16, last paragraph. ;)

I do----- damn Joz--you never saw a militant woman stomp all over a man to prove something?

dilloduck said:
I do----- damn Joz--you never saw a militant woman stomp all over a man to prove something?
I'm sorry I left you hanging. I was in the middle of a PM.
The only way things are going to be fixed is indeed if women get on their knees, too, as you stated.

And the fact that men opened doors or was mannerly did not cause women to rebel. Feminism did not occur in a vaccuum. This is simply, cause and effect.

Damn some of you guys are so insecure in your "man-hood".
What's this woman stomp on men
and men should rule shit? You guys are perfect examples of whimps!
Afraid, that's it, are you guys are afraid a woman may be right..can't let that shit happen can we? Hell no, it may cost a testicle!

-=d=- said:
Mr. P...sometimes in your replies it's as if you are reading and replying to a different thread.
Sometimes? LOL okay...maybe I can read more of what is said than some...hummm..what a concept, huh? Called life experience. I'm just one that see's past the male BS... :rolleyes:

Mr. P said:
Sometimes? LOL okay...maybe I can read more of what is said than some...hummm..what a concept, huh? Called life experience. I'm just one that see's past the male BS... :rolleyes:

...I'd suggest you read into things to make yourself feel better about opinions you already hold...how's that for a concept? ;)

Domestic violence is still considerably widespread in this nation. That is a fact agreed upon by a lot of folks who work within the law enforcement community, the military, the hospital sector, etc etc. John Ashcroft, one of this nation's most famous conservatives, is one of the most widespread supporters of domestic violence awareness in the country. I don't think he would lend his name, time and energy to a bullshit cause.

More worrisome is the high rate of domestic violence among immigrants, particulary Mexicans. I'm sure this is something WJ would love to hear, but it is sadly true and will only become a growing problem.

Of course, as I have stated in the past, I have a personal connection with domestic violence, I volunteered my time in a battered woman's shelter in N. Chicago for three and a half months in 2003. I've seen it up close and personal, and trust me, it still happens far more often than it should.

True story....

In the Army in germany a group of soldiers at a certain-said Air Defense Battalion were about to have assigned their first Female Soldier. In the 'sensativity training' prior to, most of the battalion was gathered in a theater listening to a Domestic Violence Briefing by a lady.

As she spoke, she asked, rhetorically, 'Husbands, why would your wife EVER deserve to get hit?"

As if on cue, a VERY southern man shouts up at the stage, "Because she NAGS too much!!"

The sound of 600 men busting their guts in laughter is enough to inspire. :)

Forum List

Back