Andrew INDIAN KILLER Jackson

I don't hold a phd in history. That degree is not required to be a "professor". Just ask Harvard University who says Obama is a constitutional law professor although he holds no advanced degrees in the field. I have a Masters in Business Administration supported by 24 years of business experience, and a Bachelor's in history. I am qualified to teach all business related undergraduate courses and non-degree related course in history (specific to American and ancient history)

Obama has a doctoral degree which is considered the entry qualification to teach at most universities. You do not. If a published JD isn't qualified to teach law, then who is? You may teach university level history, but you certainly aren't an expert.

Sigh. Actually that's incorrect. A master's degree is the entry qualification. Accreditation requires that an instructor have a degree one level higher than the degree for which they are teaching in regards to a major field. So someone with a masters is qualified to teach bachelor level courses. Someone with a bachelor's in history (for example) can teach bachelor's level courses only if the students are not history majors and/or the teacher holds a given level of credits in that field of study (which I do). A PhD is required to teach graduate courses and can sometimes determine tenure or the rank of the professor. Universities obviously prefer instructors with a PhD, but routinely employ those without one as well (though they often encourage the instructor to pursue their PhD after being hired).

The term "professor" is dependent upon usage. With a capital P it's a formal title and usually indicates a PhD. With a lower case p it indicates any instructor at the college level.

As far as my expertise, I suppose you are free to draw your own conclusions, but if it's good enough for Arizona State and the University of Oregon I imagine it ought to be good enough for USMB.

Except you don't have a graduate degree in history. My wife does (masters). She could teach (and did) at smaller universities but not at more prestigious ones which wanted a phd.

house of bourbon-parma, 1954

you may dispense with our formal stylings
Nope. Winthrop is on the River Charles, near Eliot; the Quad is a couple miles away. Freshman live in the Yard. When I was there, Elsie's, Tommy's Lunch, and Brigham's were the hangouts.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

I don't know what is more funny. Your need to convince us you went to Harvard or your belief that we care.
Thank you once again for yet another gratuitous insult. Two posts mocked my claim, I respond. If you do not like responses to posts, why then do you post?

And maybe you should learn to use the damn quote function, peach-boy, so we have some idea what the hell your posts are in response to.
The significant numbers of HATERS on this message board value your contribution.

You can see by your reputation, how highly your contributions are regarded.
I have not checked; this board must mean a lot to you. I admire your knowledge of every post, function and "rating" however. It must take up quite a bit of time to learn strangers' opinions', how other strangers "rate" them, and how to respond to anything that displeases you.

Sigh. Actually that's incorrect. A master's degree is the entry qualification. Accreditation requires that an instructor have a degree one level higher than the degree for which they are teaching in regards to a major field. So someone with a masters is qualified to teach bachelor level courses. Someone with a bachelor's in history (for example) can teach bachelor's level courses only if the students are not history majors and/or the teacher holds a given level of credits in that field of study (which I do). A PhD is required to teach graduate courses and can sometimes determine tenure or the rank of the professor. Universities obviously prefer instructors with a PhD, but routinely employ those without one as well (though they often encourage the instructor to pursue their PhD after being hired).

The term "professor" is dependent upon usage. With a capital P it's a formal title and usually indicates a PhD. With a lower case p it indicates any instructor at the college level.

As far as my expertise, I suppose you are free to draw your own conclusions, but if it's good enough for Arizona State and the University of Oregon I imagine it ought to be good enough for USMB.

That wouldn't be correct as regards teaching in a law school. Most law professors are JD's and/or LLM's. He was absolutely qualified to teach Constitutional Law. He was top 10% of his law school class at Harvard and was responsible for publishing the law review under his auspices.

My con law professor graduated harvard, was an assistant prosecutor at neuremberg and never had a advanced law degree.

the law degree IS the advanced degree.

And maybe you should learn to use the damn quote function, peach-boy, so we have some idea what the hell your posts are in response to.
I am female & will not your always polite instruction.

Take some English lessons as well while you are trying to learn US History, girl.
Typing would be of more assistance; my secretary is proficient at that, thank goodness, And thank you for writing how to post an avatar.

How fortunate for you that at least your secretary is literate. That makes one of you.

Nope. Winthrop is on the River Charles, near Eliot; the Quad is a couple miles away. Freshman live in the Yard. When I was there, Elsie's, Tommy's Lunch, and Brigham's were the hangouts.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

I don't know what is more funny. Your need to convince us you went to Harvard or your belief that we care.
Thank you once again for yet another gratuitous insult. Two posts mocked my claim, I respond. If you do not like responses to posts, why then do you post?

One might ask the same of you.

The significant numbers of HATERS on this message board value your contribution.

You can see by your reputation, how highly your contributions are regarded.
I have not checked; this board must mean a lot to you. I admire your knowledge of every post, function and "rating" however. It must take up quite a bit of time to learn strangers' opinions', how other strangers "rate" them, and how to respond to anything that displeases you.

A good number of us here are friends from another forum.

I read a thread in 2009; I was unaware of the multitude of rules here about posting and the ever vigilant critics of anything THEY do not agree with. This board came up when I searched for US Presidents, message boards.

That's funny, there are no 'search tags' at the bottom of this page. Nor are there any search tags at the bottom of the page for the global History forum page:

Search tags for this page u.s. history discussion forum, us history message boards, powered by vbulletin html, powered by vbulletin history, where are the halls of montezuma, powered by vbulletin board of education, historical message board, powered by vbulletin history of technology in education computers, powered by vbulletin history of technology phd, powered by vbulletin origins of food, powered by vbulletin america history, powered by vbulletin what is the history of technology, powered by vbulletin sports history, powered by vbulletin history of europe, history message boards, u. s. history discussion board questions
Before you start making stuff up, you really need to understand how the world works. This forum shows tracking for every search that is done which brings up a page on it. The internet bots do it. If you go to the Quick Links link you can see the bots at work. Try again.
It was US History message boards I searched for & this came up.

I read a thread in 2009; I was unaware of the multitude of rules here about posting and the ever vigilant critics of anything THEY do not agree with. This board came up when I searched for US Presidents, message boards.

That's funny, there are no 'search tags' at the bottom of this page. Nor are there any search tags at the bottom of the page for the global History forum page:

Search tags for this page u.s. history discussion forum, us history message boards, powered by vbulletin html, powered by vbulletin history, where are the halls of montezuma, powered by vbulletin board of education, historical message board, powered by vbulletin history of technology in education computers, powered by vbulletin history of technology phd, powered by vbulletin origins of food, powered by vbulletin america history, powered by vbulletin what is the history of technology, powered by vbulletin sports history, powered by vbulletin history of europe, history message boards, u. s. history discussion board questions
Before you start making stuff up, you really need to understand how the world works. This forum shows tracking for every search that is done which brings up a page on it. The internet bots do it. If you go to the Quick Links link you can see the bots at work. Try again.
It was US History message boards I searched for & this came up.

You have missed my point. If it THIS forum 'came up' from a search you did, there would be a notation in blue at the bottom of the thread. There isn't one. Nor is there one at the bottom of the History section index page. You are not telling the truth. So, are you a sock, a banned poster, or just someone who is set on blowing smoke up our asses? If the last of the three is the case, it will mess up my autopsy, so I would ask you to stop.

Not a real student of history, are ya?

I am history professor at the university level. I agree with the OP. Jackson was a disgrace and the closest we ever came to a dictatorship until FDR.

I am surprised there was
not a political price to what he did by
ignoring the SCOTUS

We take it for granted today that this does not happen

Not a real student of history, are ya?

I am history professor at the university level. I agree with the OP. Jackson was a disgrace and the closest we ever came to a dictatorship until FDR.

I am surprised there was
not a political price to what he did by
ignoring the SCOTUS

We take it for granted today that this does not happen

The military was loyal to Jackson. What exactly was the SCOTUS going to do? Jackson was legendary for firing cabinet members who didn't do what they were told. It's been said that some presidents have had a rotation within their cabinet. Jackson had rotating cabinets. The worst was when he directed the Secretary of the Treasury to move all federal funds from the national bank into smaller banks while Congress was out of session. This was highly illegal of course and the Secretary refused so Jackson just starting firing everyone until someone finally agreed to do it.

There's a reason why Jackson is the only president to be formally censured by Congress. He had a very bad habit of ignoring the law and doing whatever he wanted to do whether it was legal or not.

Forum List

Back