Andrew INDIAN KILLER Jackson

And maybe you should learn to use the damn quote function, peach-boy, so we have some idea what the hell your posts are in response to.

Clinton will need many more years to be "rehabilitated". Newt makes him look like a saint. Still, a philanderer is a philanderer. I question Nixon's low rating next to Jackson by historians. Nixon PAID for his wrongs by resigning. Now Jackson is a hero to the Newt and others.

I read a thread in 2009; I was unaware of the multitude of rules here about posting and the ever vigilant critics of anything THEY do not agree with. This board came up when I searched for US Presidents, message boards.

And maybe you should learn to use the damn quote function, peach-boy, so we have some idea what the hell your posts are in response to.
I am female & will not your always polite instruction.

Who said anything about slaves? That's a different issue. But I would say that a president who says "the (Supreme Court) has made their decision, now let's see them enforce it"....sounds like a dictator to me.

the OP

sounds like a realist to me, given the times.

it's interesting that lincoln gets a pass on the dictator tag from you, because a lot of people would consider suspension of habeus corpus, um, dicatatorial.

Not to mention how Lincoln's great and heroic generals, Grant, Sherman, and Sheridan, went on to wipe out the Plains Indians after they tried to wipe out the southerners.
All true about Lincoln; he consistently ranks in the top three US Presidents. A mix of great & horrible. Carter was the primary boogeyman for CONs before Obama. No word on Raygun's deficits. Still, I'd pick Bush II against The Newt, and Bush too, AT THIS POINT in time, ranks near the bottom with historians. The Bush death toll may have something to do with it.

Cough cough sock cough cough.

We are two different people.
This Peach joined in Jan. 2009
I joined in April of 2010. It is this peach as to why I had to add a number.Thus peach 174.

Didn't mean to imply you were.
They are referring to;
You joined in 1-10-2009 and did not post anything for 3 years and one month.
Whoever cares about such matters must be quite...uh...meticulous.

The significant numbers of HATERS on this message board value your contribution.

Class of '81, Winthrop House. I actually did go to Harvard undergrad, UF for law school.

house of bourbon-parma, 1954

you may dispense with our formal stylings
Nope. Winthrop is on the River Charles, near Eliot; the Quad is a couple miles away. Freshman live in the Yard. When I was there, Elsie's, Tommy's Lunch, and Brigham's were the hangouts.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Where did you get your Phd in US History?

I don't hold a phd in history. That degree is not required to be a "professor". Just ask Harvard University who says Obama is a constitutional law professor although he holds no advanced degrees in the field. I have a Masters in Business Administration supported by 24 years of business experience, and a Bachelor's in history. I am qualified to teach all business related undergraduate courses and non-degree related course in history (specific to American and ancient history)

Obama has a doctoral degree which is considered the entry qualification to teach at most universities. You do not. If a published JD isn't qualified to teach law, then who is? You may teach university level history, but you certainly aren't an expert.

Sigh. Actually that's incorrect. A master's degree is the entry qualification. Accreditation requires that an instructor have a degree one level higher than the degree for which they are teaching in regards to a major field. So someone with a masters is qualified to teach bachelor level courses. Someone with a bachelor's in history (for example) can teach bachelor's level courses only if the students are not history majors and/or the teacher holds a given level of credits in that field of study (which I do). A PhD is required to teach graduate courses and can sometimes determine tenure or the rank of the professor. Universities obviously prefer instructors with a PhD, but routinely employ those without one as well (though they often encourage the instructor to pursue their PhD after being hired).

The term "professor" is dependent upon usage. With a capital P it's a formal title and usually indicates a PhD. With a lower case p it indicates any instructor at the college level.

As far as my expertise, I suppose you are free to draw your own conclusions, but if it's good enough for Arizona State and the University of Oregon I imagine it ought to be good enough for USMB.

Last edited:
he was a guest lecturer at uchicago, btw. he never taught at harvard

I read a thread in 2009; I was unaware of the multitude of rules here about posting and the ever vigilant critics of anything THEY do not agree with. This board came up when I searched for US Presidents, message boards.

That's funny, there are no 'search tags' at the bottom of this page. Nor are there any search tags at the bottom of the page for the global History forum page:

Search tags for this page u.s. history discussion forum, us history message boards, powered by vbulletin html, powered by vbulletin history, where are the halls of montezuma, powered by vbulletin board of education, historical message board, powered by vbulletin history of technology in education computers, powered by vbulletin history of technology phd, powered by vbulletin origins of food, powered by vbulletin america history, powered by vbulletin what is the history of technology, powered by vbulletin sports history, powered by vbulletin history of europe, history message boards, u. s. history discussion board questions
Before you start making stuff up, you really need to understand how the world works. This forum shows tracking for every search that is done which brings up a page on it. The internet bots do it. If you go to the Quick Links link you can see the bots at work. Try again.

Class of '81, Winthrop House. I actually did go to Harvard undergrad, UF for law school.

house of bourbon-parma, 1954

you may dispense with our formal stylings
Nope. Winthrop is on the River Charles, near Eliot; the Quad is a couple miles away. Freshman live in the Yard. When I was there, Elsie's, Tommy's Lunch, and Brigham's were the hangouts.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

I don't know what is more funny. Your need to convince us you went to Harvard or your belief that we care.

Forum List

Back