Andrew INDIAN KILLER Jackson

I am history professor at the university level. I agree with the OP. Jackson was a disgrace and the closest we ever came to a dictatorship until FDR.

Where did you get your Phd in US History?

I don't hold a phd in history. That degree is not required to be a "professor". Just ask Harvard University who says Obama is a constitutional law professor although he holds no advanced degrees in the field. I have a Masters in Business Administration supported by 24 years of business experience, and a Bachelor's in history. I am qualified to teach all business related undergraduate courses and non-degree related course in history (specific to American and ancient history)

Just ask Harvard University who says Obama is a constitutional law professor

They could say he's a good President......they'd be wrong there too.

I don't hold a phd in history. That degree is not required to be a "professor". Just ask Harvard University who says Obama is a constitutional law professor although he holds no advanced degrees in the field. I have a Masters in Business Administration supported by 24 years of business experience, and a Bachelor's in history. I am qualified to teach all business related undergraduate courses and non-degree related course in history (specific to American and ancient history)

he was a guest lecturer at uchicago, btw. he never taught at harvard

he was a guest lecturer at uchicago, btw. he never taught at harvard

I know. And you don't need any qualifications to be a guest lecturer. Look at Obama. :lol::lol:

Polls of historians still rank him low. My interest in Jackson stems also from a few Jefferson/Jackson day gatherings. Jackson is credited with starting the Democratic party; as a Democrat, I was surprised when reminded of his brutality.

(I am just disappointed with Obama; for the first time in my life I voted Republican for President. Thus, McCain loses. I favored Dole in 1996 & left the slot blank. THIS year there are four clowns in search of a tricycle. No McCains or Doles this year; a serial adulterer, a far right advocate of a theocracy, Paul at 75, and Romney "I'll say ANYTHING" left to run against Obama. I may write in Harry Truman.)

I am history professor at the university level. I agree with the OP. Jackson was a disgrace and the closest we ever came to a dictatorship until FDR.

Obama has a doctoral degree which is considered the entry qualification to teach at most universities. You do not. If a published JD isn't qualified to teach law, then who is? You may teach university level history, but you certainly aren't an expert.

The Indian Removal Act was signed in 1830; Jackson began the removal which led to the infamous trail of tears. It was much broader than just the Cherokee nation:
he Trail of Tears is a name given to the forced relocation and movement of Native American nations from southeastern parts of the United States following the Indian Removal Act of 1830. The removal included many members of the Cherokee, Muscogee (Creek), Seminole, Chickasaw, and Choctaw nations, among others in the United States, from their homelands to Indian Territory (eastern sections of the present-day state of Oklahoma). The phrase originated from a description of the removal of the Choctaw Nation in 1831.[1] Many Native Americans suffered from exposure, disease and starvation en route to their destinations. Many died, including 4,000 of the 15,000 relocated Cherokee.[2]
In Florida alone Jackson led the forces that slaughtered 3,000 Seminoles. Around Apalachicola and Gadsden counties there are memorials to those killed.

The Indian Removal Act was signed in 1830; Jackson began the removal which led to the infamous trail of tears. It was much broader than just the Cherokee nation:
he Trail of Tears is a name given to the forced relocation and movement of Native American nations from southeastern parts of the United States following the Indian Removal Act of 1830. The removal included many members of the Cherokee, Muscogee (Creek), Seminole, Chickasaw, and Choctaw nations, among others in the United States, from their homelands to Indian Territory (eastern sections of the present-day state of Oklahoma). The phrase originated from a description of the removal of the Choctaw Nation in 1831.[1] Many Native Americans suffered from exposure, disease and starvation en route to their destinations. Many died, including 4,000 of the 15,000 relocated Cherokee.[2]
In Florida alone Jackson led the forces that slaughtered 3,000 Seminoles. Around Apalachicola and Gadsden counties there are memorials to those killed.

The Trail of Tears refers specifically to the Cherokee removal and the terrible conditions and consequences that came with it. "Nunna daul Tsuny"

Someone get on the horn and tell the Harvard graduate that they might as well save their rep when they are rocking the goose egg. Is it positive? Is it negative? God only knows.

Few Seminoles here in Florida would agree. Nor would the Miccosukee therein.

You too seem to think internet message boards are an important part of peoples' lives. That is STRANGE.

Other tribes were part of the removal; they too spoke of the trail.

Obviously not; the Bush boy had no qualifications & IT SHOWED. His multiple criminal convictions make him a "first" however.

Other tribes were part of the removal; they too spoke of the trail.

The funny thing is that people like you think that, but for Jackson, the Seminole nation would be intact today. As if another President wouldn't have dicked over the redman at a later date. The history of man is the history of more advanced societies dominating weaker ones. Maybe you should open a textbook before telling the rest of us too.

Forum List

Back