Anderson Cooper in Egypt:

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
CNN's Anderson Cooper is presently working live from Egypt in spite of the fact that he's already been physically abused on two occasions and the situation there is such that it's no exaggeration to say his life, as well as those of other journalists presently reporting from there, is in imminent danger.

While Cooper is often the target of teasing by his colleagues I want to say that he's got a lot more nerve and dedication than I would have in his place. If I were Anderson Cooper I would get the hell out of there now. So my hat is off to the man -- and to every other reporter who stays in Egypt under these extremely dangerous conditions.

Call the Marines in. That's how they always get Americans out in harms way. Of course reporters do not want to leave till the last minute thereby putting not only their own lives in jeopardy but the Marines who have to rescue them.

He has guts. If i were a journalist, I'd want to be there with him. That's where the story is.

Like him or not-that's showing a lot of courage. Especially for a guy who's filthy rich, never had to work a day in his life, and puts himself in this situation? I may not always think he's doing a great job (I actually think he's pretty good)-but damn he has some guts. :clap2:

Richard Engel (CNBC) is another one. And there are quite a few more, one of whom was beaten pretty badly.

Again, these people have my sincere respect. That is a very dangerous place for journalists because there are government propagandists doing their best to provoke the killing of journalists. All it will take are a few pro-Mubarak fanatics.

In a situation like that, and unarmed, I'd be laying low.

Was watching the news yesterday.

Two Fox reporters were beaten up as well.

I think all these reporters are nuts to stay but they all have big hairy balls in my book.

CNN's Anderson Cooper is presently working live from Egypt in spite of the fact that he's already been physically abused on two occasions and the situation there is such that it's no exaggeration to say his life, as well as those of other journalists presently reporting from there, is in imminent danger.

While Cooper is often the target of teasing by his colleagues I want to say that he's got a lot more nerve and dedication than I would have in his place. If I were Anderson Cooper I would get the hell out of there now. So my hat is off to the man -- and to every other reporter who stays in Egypt under these extremely dangerous conditions.

well he should not be taunting them with that black 'muscle' shirt he wears...that's the problem...

Sorry, gang, but journalists aren't "gutsy" or "ballsy." They're thrill-seekers. They want the glory for themselves. Anybody who acts in the hopes of being called a "hero" is NOT a hero. That includes 100 percent of all journalists. Anderson Cooper just thinks this will add to his homosexual sex appeal.

Forum List

Back