Anderson Cooper goes "Booker Ballistic" on Obama Spokesman

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Is there a full moon? Did Hell just freeze over? We actually have an interview on CNN where someone actually tries to get some answers out of the Obama campaign.

Quite edgy. Here's a bit of it and I'll post the link.

ANDERSON COOPER: President Obama essentially double downed on the Bain attacks today, saying this is not a distraction from the campaign, this is going to be a centerpiece of the campaign.

At the same time, critics say the attacks on Bain are hypocritical. As we pointed out a couple of nights ago, the same day last week that the previous Bain ad came out, President Obama was fund-raising at the home of this guy, Tony James.

Mr. President is president of Blackstone. Blackstone is a private equity firm that is actually a lot bigger than Bain and like Bain has bought companies and cut payrolls. Now, in that ad, a laid-off worker likens the head of Bain to a vampire, the same night Mr. Obama sits down for dinner with the head of Blackstone.

There's the contradiction. This weekend's events with Mayor Booker show why many within the president's own party think the Obama campaign's Bain strategy is very much a double-edged sword.

Joining me tonight, Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt.

Read more: Anderson Cooper Goes Cory Booker on Obama Campaign Spokesman | NewsBusters.org

LaBolt never answers a question.

:lol:

:clap2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEww4I-kBkI&feature=related]Obama spokesman cannot answer questions on private equity hypocrisy - YouTube[/ame]

I kind of like Anderson Cooper...but he still allowed the parrot to make runaway statements.
The good thing is it clearly revealed that this guy is a puppet and will only say what he has been trained to say for hours and hours before the interview took place.
Having said this - I really - REALLY hope that they will continue to go down the route of Bain. Like here - it will show that Obama wines and dines with the same companies, and accepts money from them. That is over the top hypocritical and shows what he is made of....cotton candy.

Last edited:
I love it when Rick Perry was ripping Mitt Romney a new butthole at one of the Republican debates and Romney cried out "Anderson, Ricky won't stoooop. Make him stoooop. He's not being fair". Begging help from the gay guy. Hilarious. Wonder if he was dreaming of giving Anderson a haircut? Romney is such a pussy.

Once upon a time in America corporations didn't care about their employees, they worked them day and night, they paid them little, but along came a mighty dragon killer who helped slay the avarice beast, his name was Franklin and his sidekicks were people who had had enough of poor working conditions and exploitation. These little people formed unions of little people, they fought hard and won a state of society called a middle class where fairness was considered a value and life was good for many little people for many years. But the dragon never left, it stayed in the background, it always wanted more, and soon the privileged class joined the dragon and the battle began again. Corporations wanted more money and they figured out ways to get it, those who benefited or knew no better, praised the tactics that change fairness to profit, but others realized something was wrong and fought back against this corporate dragon whose greed now managed to cause the safety nets of society to once again crumble....

"Something is profoundly wrong with the way we live today. For thirty years we have made a virtue out of the pursuit of material self-interest: indeed, this very pursuit now constitutes whatever remains of our sense of collective purpose. We know what things cost but have no idea what they are worth. We no longer ask of a judicial ruling or a legislative act: is it good? Is it fair? Is it just? Is it right? Will it help bring about a better society or a better world? Those used to be the political questions, even if they invited no easy answers. We must learn once again to pose them." Tony Judt 'Ill Fares the Land'

"Historian Phillips-Fein traces the hidden history of the Reagan revolution to a coterie of business executives, including General Electric official and Reagan mentor Lemuel Boulware, who saw labor unions, government regulation, high taxes and welfare spending as dire threats to their profits and power. From the 1930s onward, the author argues, they provided the money, organization and fervor for a decades-long war against New Deal liberalism—funding campaigns, think tanks, magazines and lobbying groups, and indoctrinating employees in the virtues of unfettered capitalism." [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Hands-Making-Conservative-Movement/dp/0393059308/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247845984&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Invisible Hands: The Making of the Conservative Movement from the New Deal to Reagan (9780393059304): Kim Phillips-Fein: Books[/ame]

Granny says, "Awww, dat's a shame - an' he seemed like such a nice young man...
:eek:
Anderson Cooper confirms he is gay
July 2`12 (UPI) -- American broadcast journalist Anderson Cooper gave permission to The Daily Beast to publish an e-mail he wrote confirming he is gay.
Written to Cooper's longtime friend, Beast columnist Andrew Sullivan, the e-mail was a response to a recent EW.com article about a trend of high-profile figures such as Jim Parsons casually confirming they are gay instead of announcing their sexuality in media interviews or being outed by tabloids as has been common in the past. "Even though my job puts me in the public eye, I have tried to maintain some level of privacy in my life. Part of that has been for purely personal reasons. I think most people want some privacy for themselves and the people they are close to," Cooper wrote in the e-mail.

"But I've also wanted to retain some privacy for professional reasons. Since I started as a reporter in war zones 20 years ago, I've often found myself in some very dangerous places. For my safety and the safety of those I work with, I try to blend in as much as possible, and prefer to stick to my job of telling other people's stories, and not my own," Cooper said. "As long as a journalist shows fairness and honesty in his or her work, their private life shouldn't matter. I've stuck to those principles for my entire professional career, even when I've been directly asked 'the gay question,' which happens occasionally. I did not address my sexual orientation in the memoir I wrote several years ago because it was a book focused on war, disasters, loss and survival. I didn't set out to write about other aspects of my life," he said.

"Recently, however, I've begun to consider whether the unintended outcomes of maintaining my privacy outweigh personal and professional principle. It's become clear to me that by remaining silent on certain aspects of my personal life for so long, I have given some the mistaken impression that I am trying to hide something -- something that makes me uncomfortable, ashamed or even afraid. This is distressing because it is simply not true. ... "The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be and I couldn't be any more happy, comfortable with myself and proud. I have always been very open and honest about this part of my life with my friends, my family and my colleagues. In a perfect world, I don't think it's anyone else's business, but I do think there is value in standing up and being counted."

Read more: World News - UPI.com

See also:

Anderson Cooper: 'The fact is, I'm gay'
2 July`12 — Anderson Cooper revealed on Monday that he is gay, ending years of reluctance to talk about his personal life in public.
The CNN journalist wrote in an online letter that he had kept his sexual orientation private for personal and professional reasons, but came to think that remaining silent had given some people a mistaken impression that he was ashamed. "The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn't be any more happy, comfortable with myself and proud," he wrote in the letter, published by Andrew Sullivan of the Daily Beast.

Cooper, the son of Gloria Vanderbilt, had long been the subject of rumors about his sexual orientation. He said that in a perfect world, it wouldn't be anyone's business, but that there is value in "standing up and being counted." "I still consider myself a reserved person and I hope this doesn't mean an end to a small amount of personal space," he wrote. "But I do think visibility is important, more important than preserving my reporter's shield of privacy."

CNN said it would not comment, and that Cooper was on assignment and there were no plans for Cooper to discuss it on the air. Few national television news reporters have publicly acknowledged being gay, with MSNBC's Rachel Maddow and CNN's Don Lemon perhaps the best known.

Cooper's show, "Anderson Cooper 360," received an award this year from the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation. "Even prior to coming out publicly, Anderson's terrific work has raised awareness of inequalities facing LGBT people, said GLAAD President Herndon Graddick. "He's a role model to millions and now will inspire countless others."

Anderson Cooper: 'The fact is, I'm gay' - Yahoo! News

Forum List

Back