Anderson Cooper Eviscerates Texas Birfer State Rep

Nothing online is "actual". A copy of a birth cert was put up there. I could make a Hawaiian birth cert for myself and post it, if I were compelled to.

really? and it would stand up to independent review?

I think it's funny that nobody is supposed to refer to this, but it's okay to drag Sarah Palin's children through the mud and send teams of attorneys to Alaska to intimidate, threaten and dig up dirt on, her.
Indeed, it's a good thing no one's hopscotching around the globe to dig up dirt on Obama.

Again, look to your own behavior. If it's such a non-issue, then there's nothing to worry about.

It's not something I worry about. It's something I laugh at people about.

The only reason it's such a big issue is the way you idiots react to it. And when I say "you idiots" I of course include Obama in that minority group.

A collective non-reaction and a few laughs constitute "big issue"? It's not a big issue at all - it's the well-concocted rantings originated by racists attempting to discredit the first black president.

:cuckoo:

Nothing online is "actual". A copy of a birth cert was put up there. I could make a Hawaiian birth cert for myself and post it, if I were compelled to.

Indeed, it's a good thing no one's hopscotching around the globe to dig up dirt on Obama.

The only reason it's such a big issue is the way you idiots react to it. And when I say "you idiots" I of course include Obama in that minority group.

A collective non-reaction and a few laughs constitute "big issue"? It's not a big issue at all - it's the well-concocted rantings originated by racists attempting to discredit the first black president.

Impressive you could create such a thorough and convincing response in such a brief period! Nice work.

Actually, I think you guys need a new obsession. Obsessing over lunatics isn't really that healthy. Especially when we have so many real problems to deal with.

Aw c'mon, Avatar. Have a sense of humor. The board's been slow and boring lately, and their complete and utter ignorance of anything related to the law and the Constitution is way too much fun to laugh at.

Might as well get a little entertainment value out of all that wasted court time and taxpayer money. Nothing else will ever come of it.

Try it, you'll like it. ;)

Humor requires intelligence , A15 isn't going to get the joke, ever.

PC

The reason why Obama doesn't respond is the same reason why Bush didn't respond to the question "Were you behind 9/11?" It dignifies the idiocy and lowers the prestige of the Presidency.

27% of the population has doubts about his birthplace? Who cares? A third of Republicans either don't know or believe he is Satan. Should Obama also have a physical check-up to show he doesn't have horns and a tail?

This is part of a campaign by the extreme Right to discredit a President they fundamentally disagree with. It wouldn't matter if Obama showed his birth certficate. The nutters would just deny it was real. Or they would go on to some other crazy accusation. There is no benefit to indulging the nutters.

Impressive you could create such a thorough and convincing response in such a brief period! Nice work.

There's no point in responding to crap. I just acknowledge it as such and move on.

PC

The reason why Obama doesn't respond is the same reason why Bush didn't respond to the question "Were you behind 9/11?" It dignifies the idiocy and lowers the prestige of the Presidency.

27% of the population has doubts about his birthplace? Who cares? A third of Republicans either don't know or believe he is Satan. Should Obama also have a physical check-up to show he doesn't have horns and a tail?

This is part of a campaign by the extreme Right to discredit a President they fundamentally disagree with. It wouldn't matter if Obama showed his birth certficate. The nutters would just deny it was real. Or they would go on to some other crazy accusation. There is no benefit to indulging the nutters.

The "extreme" right are the only ones who fundamentally disagree with our president?

Spin much? LOL!

If you think Obama did not prove he was born here you need help.
If you think a woman who was nine month pregnant in the 60's would have even flown to Kenya, let alone have her child there instead of in Hawaii, you need help.
If you think Obama and his family had some master plan from the time he was born, that included putting birth announcements in the paper, you need help.
Like Toro said, Obama doesn't respond to this, because the people who are involved are loons.

I also think it is quite interesting that these loons who defend Palin, are the same people who posted pics of a nude woman saying it was Obama's mother. With no proof it was even here, they also made the claim a communist took the pictures. The woman is dead and therefore cannot defend herself. Get a grip.

PC

The "extreme" right are the only ones who fundamentally disagree with our president?

Spin much? LOL!

DId he say that? I don't think so.
I see you still can't read.

PC

1. Not true, not even close...was there one single, simple document that would be dispositive of the question "Were you behind 9/11?"

And, if there were, and the President refused to produce it, what would you believe?

2. "It dignifies the idiocy and lowers the prestige of the Presidency. "
After the Clinton presidency, that is hardly a defense.

3. "27% of the population has doubts about his birthplace? Who cares?"
I'm surprised at you...really. When 13% of the populace is offended by the Confederate flag, we care.

4. "Should Obama also have a physical check-up to show he doesn't have horns and a tail? "
This documents the weakness of your defense.

5. "campaign by the extreme Right to discredit a President..."
Of course it isn't: the simplicity of the skewering of the 'campaign' by producing the document would obviate such a campaign, if it existed.

6."It wouldn't matter if Obama showed his birth certficate."
I'm sure you want to retract this one.

7. So, friend Toro, ask yourself, again, why you are willilng to accept this on faith, while you would not buy a house from me without proof that I owned same?
It seems that the faith is based on your need to value this....what, President? administration? party? philosophy?

8. Assume arguendo that you had a good friend, one for whom you had a great deal of respect, and said friend voted the same way you did , and believed what you do, politically, but who questioned the existence of the birth certificate...
what would you say to him?

9. Think: the weakest of arguments rests on terms like 'idiocy,' or 'crazy,' or 'nutters.'

10. Also arguendo, if there were no birth certificate, why would a corrupt official not simply forge one? Answer: what happened when the Rather/CBS folks produced a forged document to prove an allegation about President Bush... dangerous, huh?

sometimes when the truth comes out and you dont like answer, people get defensive, go on witch hunts and make up stories. I kinda wished Anderson would have just asked him if he didnt like the answers he was getting. i mean comon, a repub governor validated the birth certificate. not some random paper pusher, a governor or his own party. i would think that would be sufficient evidence, but no he keeps blabbering on about polls (which i loved that Anderson immediately disproved).

i think its interesting that he blames the mainstream media for almost everything. he doesnt say, CNN, Reuters, the AP, MSNBC or CNBC. the lumps them all into the mainstream.

it was also great to see his ego get shattered when AC told him the SCOTUS rejected another lawsuit. im sure he'll just file another.

if he doesnt like the answers hes getting, too bad.

PC

You seem like an intelligent woman. I am surprised you are arguing with the nutters on this. This is a moronic issue, like the 9/11 conspiracy theories.

You are dodging.

No, I am on an iPhone.

But the argument stands. There is no benefit to the President as the nutters - most of whom would never vote for him anyways - wouldn't believe him, it debases the level of debate in this country as it legitimizes the lunatic fringe.

But hey, if you are a birfer who disagrees, file a lawsuit. There are several well known conervative billionaires who would happy underwrite the downfall of Obama. Oh wait, they're trying that unsuccessfully.

The difference between a conservative and a conservatard is that conservatives don't believe this nonsense while conservatards do.

PC

You seem like an intelligent woman. I am surprised you are arguing with the nutters on this. This is a moronic issue, like the 9/11 conspiracy theories.

You are dodging.

No, I am on an iPhone.

But the argument stands. There is no benefit to the President as the nutters - most of whom would never vote for him anyways - wouldn't believe him, it debases the level of debate in this country as it legitimizes the lunatic fringe.

But hey, if you are a birfer who disagrees, file a lawsuit. There are several well known conervative billionaires who would happy underwrite the downfall of Obama. Oh wait, they're trying that unsuccessfully.

The difference between a conservative and a conservatard is that conservatives don't believe this nonsense while conservatards do.

Name calling of those who have an alternate opinion?

That's the basis of your debate?

Note: you haven't responded to any of the points that I made...I can understand why.

But I know you'll think about it.

Ingnoring facts has nothing to do with opinion.

Its you doing the magical thinking by brain washed partisan hack

Your arguments are weak and politically motivated, just like your birfer argument.

You don't argue with crazy people. Birfers, like twoofers, are nutters. The President should not be responding to nutters. Bush didn't respond to twoofers and Obama isn't responding to birfers. The fact that 9/11 is more complex than a birth certificate is absoluely irrelevant. Bush could have spent 10 seconds denying he had nothing to do with 9/11. But twoofers wouldn't believe him, just like birfers wouldn't believe Obama. I don't want Bush and Obama answering bizarre conspiracy theories. I want them working on issues and using political capital on things that matter, not trying to appease a bunch of nutters who will go to their deathbeds believing what they want to believe.

This is a great example of confirmation bias. It wouldn't matter if the doctor who delivered Obama presented the birth certificate along with a tape of the delivery, most of the birfers wouldn't believe it anyways. They'd say the tape was fake, the doctor was an imposter, the birth certificate is still fake anyways, etc. It wouldn't matter. Nothing could convince them otherwise.

Forum List

Back