Anders Breivik Sentenced to 21 Years in Jail

That's basically imprisoning people for 'thought crimes', because they might offend again. How draconian!

Umm...since when has murdering 80 people been a "thought crime"?

You said he could be held under 'preventative' measures. What is holding someone who has served their sentence - to prevent them from doing something else if it is not a 'thought crime'.

I take your point....but a person who has killed 80 people is hardly being oppressed for 'thought crimes'.

Preventive detention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You know what makes me laugh? The EU praised Scandinavian member states in 2004 on the "harmonious nature" of their holiday camp prisons..

Why does it make you laugh that Scandinavia has effective prisons?

The numbers of recidivism in the UK are far higher than those in Finland - laugh all you want.

Prisons are meant to be institutions in which the inmates are punished and have time to reflect on the impact their crimes had on their victims. They shouldn't places where an inmate's family can come and spend the weekend with a relative that's held in one, which is what happens in Norway.

In my sincere opinion, crimes of this nature should result in the perpetrator being crucified. I'm being serious, too.

I take your point....but a person who has killed 80 people is hardly being oppressed for 'thought crimes'.

We're not talking about the current crime. You can call it whatever you want. But if you imprison someone to prevent a crime they may commit that is precrime.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back