* And *WHO* Do You Think You Are*

Sorry bout that,

1. *Jesus* is the way the truth and the life, no man enters into the kingdom of heaven without him.
2. *Jesus is love*.
3. Find this love, and find this life I speak of.
4. *Seek for Jesus*.
5. For no more or perfect love is there than to lay down ones life for the world of sinners.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

really???

I know right were to find him.... He cooked my dinner last night!

Sorry bout that,

1. Thats kinda strange and yet would be cool if true!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I've met 7 landscapers named Jesus, a medical doctor named Jesus, and a gay stripper named Jesus.... :dunno: What's 'so cool' about a cook named 'Jesus'?

The most common first and last names in the 80's:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z6dxQVhE8o]Jesus Jones - Right Here Right Now - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry bout that,

1. *Step Off*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Explain to me how the mother of a child can post-date the birth of her own child.

The Mother of Christ was not preceded in birth by her own child.

Therfore, her sanctity has precedence over her child which is Christ Himself.

The Mother of Christ kicks ass. She alone is the path. Not her bastard child.

Except we all lived prior to being born into mortality. And Christ is the Firstborn.

Except we all lived prior to being born into mortality. And Christ is the Firstborn.

>MORMON ALERT<

So what are your thoughts on the Fruit of the Loom references, Avatar?

Is FTL an approved manufacturer of your magical underwear?

Sorry bout that,

11. There is *nothing* of any real importance unless it is enjoyed with the knowledge that *Jesus Christ* came to the world to save the sinners.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

not just JC

Remission is for mankind not an individual.

Everyone and every thing has a mother. And they as well as those things owe their existence to someone other than themselves.

Christ existent is not a self-deity. It is his mother to whom we should credit the sanctity of worship.

Everyone and everything also has a father. Christ is God manifest in the flesh.

John 1:1,14

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God....And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth

2 John 1:7

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

John 20:30-31

And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

1 Timothy 3:16

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Hebrews 4:15

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Revelation 11:15

And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

>MORMON ALERT<

Don't really care. Do you have a question or point that is somehow relevant to the topic of the thread?

And as Lonestar pointed out, the scriptures clearly teach of Christ's pre-mortal life.

Last edited:
Do you have a question or point that is somehow relevant to the topic of the thread?

In answering the question posed in the OP, you identified yourself as an LDS Christian, so any question related to Mormon doctrine should be fair game (including my question about your magical underoos).

And as Lonestar pointed out, the scriptures clearly teach of Christ's pre-mortal life.

Yeah, but my ">MORMON ALERT< was geared more toward the doctrine implied by your claim that "we all lived prior to being born into mortality" (the pre-existence of all human spirits), which apparently isn't taught "clearly" enough in the Bible to be promoted as doctrine by any denomination of Christianity (granted, its condemnation as heresy by The Second Council in 553 CE probably had something to do with that).

Now, before you start spouting Biblical scriptures that may or may not be taken as support for the LDS doctrine of pre-existence (Jeremiah 1:5, Psalm 139:16, Isaiah 46:10, Romans 9:11-14, ETC.), bear in mind: the fact that it isn't sanctioned by any denomination of Christianity is just one more nail in Mormonism's coffin (I.E. its classification as a cult by most non-members).

Do you have a question or point that is somehow relevant to the topic of the thread?

In answering the question posed in the OP, you identified yourself as an LDS Christian, so any question related to Mormon doctrine should be fair game (including my question about your magical underoos).

Yeah, but my ">MORMON ALERT< was geared more toward the doctrine implied by your claim that "we all lived prior to being born into mortality" (the pre-existence of all human spirits), which apparently isn't taught "clearly" enough in the Bible to be promoted as doctrine by any denomination of Christianity (granted, its condemnation as heresy by The Second Council in 553 CE probably had something to do with that).

Now, before you start spouting Biblical scriptures that may or may not be taken as support for the LDS doctrine of pre-existence (Jeremiah 1:5, Psalm 139:16, Isaiah 46:10, Romans 9:11-14, ETC.), bear in mind: the fact that it isn't sanctioned by any denomination of Christianity is just one more nail in Mormonism's coffin (I.E. its classification as a cult by most non-members).

Except The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a Christian denomination and does sanction pre-mortal life. Which, as you pointed out in the scriptures you cited, is a very biblical principle.

It's still completely irrelevant to the conversation we are having.

Except The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a Christian denomination [...]

Hmm ...I wonder how many non-Mormon Christians would agree.

Maybe we should push some of the pollsters to identify and poll some evangelicals (including some of the few million who stayed home in November). :D

What: the LDS doctrine of pre-existence, or the magical undies thing?

Because, either way, I can point to relevant posts that preceded mine.

Except The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a Christian denomination [...]

Maybe we should push some of the pollsters to identify and poll some evangelicals (including some of the few million who stayed home in November). :D

Doesn't matter who agrees with the facts, facts don't change based on belief or lack thereof. The world didn't become flat just because some people didn't believe it was a globe. I could insist that a dog is a cat. Doesn't change the fact that it's a dog.

Doesn't matter who agrees with the facts, facts don't change based on belief or lack thereof. The world didn't become flat just because some people didn't believe it was a globe. I could insist that a dog is a cat. Doesn't change the fact that it's a dog.

Funny thing is: that looks awfully similar to the argument made by many Christians to denounce the Mormons' claims to Christianity.

"[You] could insist that a [Mormon] is a [Christian]. Doesn't change the fact that [you're just] a [Mormon]."

See how that works?

Whose claims are in line with "the facts" ...is pretty much the point of contention there.

As for me: even though I don't have any religious skin in the game, I'm just happy to fan the flames of animosity between two traditionally conservative voting blocks. :D

True, but one Monkeys fact is another Monkeys irrelevant belief.

Belief in something doesn't make it a fact. Even extremely popular beliefs. Unless one can repeat the process leading to their 'fact', or provide overwhelming and diverse evidence that points to the factual nature of an event, all you have is an opinion.

"I AM WHO I AM"
;-)

P.S. As for Jesus Christ, don't forget to include gentiles who live by Jesus in their hearts and consciences as Charity or Compassion for all without judgment or condition, as Justice with Mercy, Justice and Peace, Equal Justice Under Law, Restorative Justice etc for all humanity. As long as Justice is all inclusive that means the divine gift of grace and forgiveness is present which the sacrifice of Christ represents. Where justice excludes or puts man-made conditions on who is included, that becomes conditional love, while God's perfect love is so unconditional it overcomes past sins and social conditions/biases separating man by fear and unforgiveness, where we accept help to forgive. Perfect love casts out all fear, so in Christ we are joined as one and become perfect or whole.

Sorry bout that,

1. Are you the kid who struck out on school?
2. Are you are person who got a masters degree?
3. Are you the, *working poor*?
4. Are you just plain mean?
5. A *bastard*?
6. Are you an all around *good guy*?
7. *gal*?
8. Are you a rich dude born into wealth?
9. So you're just some *rich kid*?
10. I myself am a person interest, I am a believer of *Jesus Christ* above everything else I am and or have done.
11. There is *nothing* of any real importance unless it is enjoyed with the knowledge that *Jesus Christ* came to the world to save the sinners.
12. Unless you can come to know this, your life is more or less pointless, and life is just a series of wins and losses, one day up, another day down, one day happy one day sad, one day a struggle one day alls fine.
13. Merry Christmas this year, at this time and eternity, to all the followers of Jesus Christ the Lord, may the Lord be with you and keep you within his loving presence forever and ever.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I ask special prayers of support for gentiles who follow Christ without being recognized.
That we may receive greater and fuller understanding that Jesus fulfills natural laws of secular humanists and nontheists equally as the sacred laws of believers under scripture.
I ask that all unite in the same spirit of truth and justice that God/Jesus represent. May all be protected by divine love and grace by the love of Christ and may all wrongs be made right and all injustices corrected with loving forgiveness and restored good faith relations!

Last edited:

True, but one Monkeys fact is another Monkeys irrelevant belief.

Belief in something doesn't make it a fact. Even extremely popular beliefs. Unless one can repeat the process leading to their 'fact', or provide overwhelming and diverse evidence that points to the factual nature of an event, all you have is an opinion.

Dear AVG JOE: The key factor that matters and CAN be proven is FORGIVENESS.
This decision to ask help with forgiveness can never be forced or it isn't sincere.
It is freely chosen by faith, and afterwards can be proven to heal the mind/heart/body as well as transform relationships. So "faith in forgiveness" is the key to salvation from suffering hell on earth, and instead transcending even the worst unforgiveable uncorrectable wrongs
and living in heavenly peace on earth unconditionally where we don't depend on things we can't control for our happiness and security. And yes, it can and has been proven, both by experience by believers and nonbelievers, and by health studies and secular therapists.

Forgiveness is universal to people of all faiths, and is understood by comparing the difference in consequences from unforgiveness which leads to anger/stress crime/abuse and violence/war, all the evils in the world done by humans to each other are out of unforgiveness from the past projected or repeated in the present and future. in contrast,
Forgiveness has the positive effect of healing the person's mind and relations so the problems causing the conflict or injustice can be more effectively addressed and corrected.
This can and has been proven by experience, but to make the choice still requires faith!

>MORMON ALERT<

Dear Capstone: Honestly I wish it were that simple as just putting on some magical underwear and POOF we all become Superman and have Truth and Justice instantly etc.

In reality, Cap, the steps to forgiveness so that we can have perfect Peace and Justice
are not that obvious, but can completely challenge and turn one's mind and soul inside out.

So simple to poke fun at people's faith, thinking it's all made up like unicorns and pixies, tooth fairies and Santa.

But in reality it is deep and humbling to go through the steps of fulfilling one's spiritual understanding. if you make fun of anything, it is to take the stress off by making light of an otherwise grueling process of cleaning out your closets and removing all negative thoughts.

If you read up on people who forgave despite all challenges to them to hate and be angry,
that is what true faith is about, and I have nothing but respect for people who achieve that!

Please take care, and consider reading up on stories of faith in forgiveness such as
Peter Loth who survived intolerable abuse both during and after the Holocaust camps,
and this woman I just read about online who is the sole survivor in her family of genocide:

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/genocide-survivor-saved-member-enemy-tribe-221128196.html

I'm sure she would laugh at your idea that all it takes is faith in magical underwear.
the faith in forgiveness it does take to grow up and be spiritually mature
is miraculous how it works, and amazing that people are able to make that choice at all.

Look up Peter Loth's testimonial also. Amazing that he was able to let go and forgive when his mind was completely against any such thing, after all he went through. Just amazing!
===============
Genocide survivor: saved by member of enemy tribe
By VERENA DOBNIK | Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) &#8212; A Rwandan genocide survivor who became a U.S. citizen Wednesday says she was saved because her father trusted an exceptional member of an enemy tribe that slaughtered the rest of her family.

"My father always used to tell us, 'Never judge people by putting them in boxes, because of their country, their race, their tribe,'" Immaculee Ilibagiza, a Tutsi, told fellow immigrants at a Manhattan naturalization ceremony.

The 43-year-old mother of two is the author of "Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust" &#8212; a best-selling book translated into 35 languages that has turned her into a successful speaker around the world.

Eyes brimming with tears, she received her citizenship 14 years after being granted asylum in the United States. Then, as the ceremony's keynote speaker, she took 50 other immigrants on the personal journey that transformed her from an angry, emaciated young Rwandan hiding from ethnic killers into a radiant American who forgives them and feels "that no tragedy is big enough to crush you."

The 1994 civil war claimed more than a half-million African lives, with members of the Tutsi tribe pitted against the ruling Hutus.

Life for her family &#8212; four siblings with parents who were teachers &#8212; changed on April 7, 1994, when she was a college student visiting her village and her brother announced that the Rwandan president died in a plane that was shot down.

He belonged to the Hutu tribe, and the Tutsis were blamed. The killings began.

Ilibagiza said her father decided she should flee to the home of a neighbor he knew and trusted &#8212; a Hutu.

She told fellow immigrants from 16 countries that "if I am here today, it's because my father had trust in the man from that tribe" &#8212; whose members "were supposed to be our enemies."

She spent three months locked into a tiny bathroom in his house with seven women and girls, sleeping practically upright and eating what little he could shove through the door daily. She was 23 and weighed 65 pounds, her bones protruding from her limbs.

"I was angry a lot; I thought, if I ever come out, I was going to be a killer," she said.

In despair, she said her Catholic childhood prayers. But when she got to "forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us" &#8212; she stopped.

"How do you forgive somebody who is killing you?"

Suddenly, one day, something unexpected happened inside her.

"I felt God was showing me there are two parts of the world: a part that was love, and a side that was hate &#8212; people like Hitler, and like people causing genocide in Rwanda," she said. "And people like Mandela, Mother Teresa, Gandhi, Martin Luther King &#8212; people who have suffered but who will do everything to make sure that those who are wrong change their mind."

She began to think of those doing the killing "as people who were lost, who were blind," she said. "And if I did not let go of the anger, I would not be here today; I would have tried to kill people, and they would have killed me."

The eight captives left their hiding spot when the genocide was over.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back