And this is why Obama will get a 2nd Term...

I have been Predicting this since it shat the bed in 2008...

I said then it would be like 78 to 83, but not as bad and that it would probably be fully over by 2013.

It as over 11% Unemployment during the 78 to 83 Correction...

20% Interest Rates...

Inflation through the Roof...

Misery Index.

This has been a bump in the road by comparison.

:)

peace...

I was partially taking you seriously until this post. A bump in the road? Lol

Record breaking negatives and its just a bump in the road?

Compared to 11% unemployment, 20% Interest Rates and Inflation?... Yeah, we are WAY better off as a Country in this Correction that the 78-83 Correction.

Stop Crying... Corrections happen.

Next time, Plan for it. They happen about ever 30 years. :thup:

This is the Boomer Correction.

The last was the WWII Gen Correction.

Prior to that was the End of the 40's.

In between Recessions happen.

Get a Helmet and sell your Gold. :thup:

peace...

plan for it? Lmao

So I didn't put enough pennies in my piggy bank when I was 10.

You are a truck driver aren't you?

Stop it.

The same standard has been used for the Rate for as long as I have observed...

The Left did this to Bush when it was 5%...

We use a Standard and that is 8.3%... Down from a high in the 10's during this Correction.

It's going down, and if you continue to Deny it, you are going to be VERY Cranky in the Fall.

peace...

I wonder if folks even realize how crazy it is right now. We used to complain about 5% unemployment.

"The Left did this to Bush when it was 5%".....

Am I the only oe who sees the irony here? :eusa_eh:

What's crazy about it?

People are saying 8.3's a bullshit number because this class and that class are not being counted. Hence, it's actually higher.

People said 5% was a bullshit number because this class and that class are not being counted. Hence, it's actually higher.

I don't see any irony, it's a very general (and true) observation.

Im talking about the fact that we have just accepted that 8% is'nt that bad.

Compared to 11% unemployment, 20% Interest Rates and Inflation?... Yeah, we are WAY better off as a Country in this Correction that the 78-83 Correction.

peace...

plan for it? Lmao

So I didn't put enough pennies in my piggy bank when I was 10.

You are a truck driver aren't you?

Nope.

But the Wife and I will be in Retirement. :thup:

peace...

I wonder if folks even realize how crazy it is right now. We used to complain about 5% unemployment.

What's crazy about it?

People are saying 8.3's a bullshit number because this class and that class are not being counted. Hence, it's actually higher.

People said 5% was a bullshit number because this class and that class are not being counted. Hence, it's actually higher.

Never said that. :thup:

8% is better than when it peaked at over 10% under Obama.

It's Improving.

to Deny this is to Deny Reality.

peace...

What's crazy about it?

I don't think anyone says that, but it's certainly just not that bad comparatively when we were flirting with 10 and rising. :dunno:

No I'm not... I have been in an Industry providing a product for 2 decades from coast to coast that directly reflects where the strongest growth sectors are in our Economy...

Even California is starting to bounce... And dare I say Nevada?

Don't even get me started on the East Coast.

I have yet to be wrong about Economic changes in the last 2 decades and I am not now.

We will Revisit this issue in the coming months.

Sell your gold if you have any.

You don't want to be like the fools who sat on Gold in 1983 after the last Generation Correction. :thup:

peace...

Driving a truck does not make you an economist.

But seeing certain trends in your industry and it's correlation with the economy in general gives one a pretty good idea. I felt that economic meltdown and mortgage meltdown a month or so before it happened...............business just pretty much ceased to happen in the "busy season".

Anyone working in the service industry could see that. And most did. And those that didn't see it, felt it. Doesn't make them special.

I have been Predicting this since it shat the bed in 2008...

I said then it would be like 78 to 83, but not as bad and that it would probably be fully over by 2013.

It as over 11% Unemployment during the 78 to 83 Correction...

20% Interest Rates...

Inflation through the Roof...

Misery Index.

This has been a bump in the road by comparison.

peace...

peace...

LOL, excellent points. ETA: I do feel sorry for the folks who bought gold at the height of it's market, just like the folks who did the same with real estate.

2010 Election stopped the Progressive Jihad on the US economy dead in its tracks

Last edited:
People will look at their own personal lives and vote according to whether or not they are better off now than they were four years ago. This is what hurts obama the most. Democrats can come up with all the statistics they want but they can't stop people from voting on their own personal experience. They can explain away high gas prices, they can show charts and graphs about how they fiddled with the unemployment figures and phony up schemes to make it look like they are helping homeowners in foreclosure. People will still vote their own interests. That's what makes obama such a hard sell.

That's domestically.

On foreign policy he hasn't got a prayer. He has screwed up in every corner of the world, destroyed our miitary and wants to fix it by handing our national security over to the Russians.

People will look at their own personal lives and vote according to whether or not they are better off now than they were four years ago. This is what hurts obama the most. Democrats can come up with all the statistics they want but they can't stop people from voting on their own personal experience. They can explain away high gas prices, they can show charts and graphs about how they fiddled with the unemployment figures and phony up schemes to make it look like they are helping homeowners in foreclosure. People will still vote their own interests. That's what makes obama such a hard sell.

That's domestically.

On foreign policy he hasn't got a prayer. He has screwed up in every corner of the world, destroyed our miitary and wants to fix it by handing our national security over to the Russians.

I'm starting to think you might be a trifle partisan.

That's domestically.

So, are you hurting financially right now and worse off than in 2008?

That's domestically.

I am. As are the employees in my small business. Revenue is down about 30% and major cuts have had to be made.

That's domestically.

I am. As are the employees in my small business. Revenue is down about 30% and major cuts have had to be made.

Details details....

Well, I've been saying to myself for some time that if the economy shows substantial improvement over the course of Obama's term he'll be reelected, while if it tanks again he won't be. Looks like most likely he will be.

I suspect that may be part of the reason for the dismal Republican candidate field this year. The GOP first-liners can see this as clearly as I can, and don't intend to waste their resources running against an incumbent who will probably win. They're waiting for 2016, which will be an election year without an incumbent.

More interesting to me is the internal dynamics within both parties. The Republicans are the ones most visibly twisting in the wind right now, but the Democrats are going through it, too. It's going to be an interesting four years, and at the end of it neither party is likely to look much like it does today.

peace...

LOL, excellent points. ETA: I do feel sorry for the folks who bought gold at the height of it's market, just like the folks who did the same with real estate.

In 83 it dumped from $800 to $300 and sat there for 25 years.

Get out now if you are still in.

peace...

Sell your Gold. :thup:

peace...

On the contrary. Keep it and buy more. Once the pace of lending starts to pick up, all that money the Fed created is going to start hitting the economy. That is bullish for gold UNLESS the Fed starts to extinguish reserves and raise rates.

Sell your Gold. :thup:

peace...

On the contrary. Keep it and buy more. Once the pace of lending starts to pick up, all that money the Fed created is going to start hitting the economy. That is bullish for gold UNLESS the Fed starts to extinguish reserves and raise rates.

You saw Gold at it's peak @ 1900...

It will bottom between 600 and 900...

Unless this Correction isn't over, but I believe it is.

I won a bet from a Gold Purist last Christmas...

In the Summer he Garunteed Gold @ $2500 by Christmas.

Opps!

peace...

Forum List

Back