And this is why I am for capital punishment

LuvRPgrl said:
This situation speaks to some of the failures of American social structure.

One element we need to strenghten is the extended family.

I can only imagine what drove this girl to do this. A child can be a very heavy burden for a single mother, let alone two for an 18 year old.

Why was the other child put into govt custody instead of extended family?
Why was this girl living alone?
Any bets on whether or not she was on welfare, and that the welfare benefits would be in jeopordy if she lived with her mom or some other relative?

The great society, LBJ, thanks,,,NOT!

Why would you say this is a failure of American culture? You don't think people kill their babies in other countries?

I can't wait to see how Kathy will explain to me how the Doctrine of Double Effect is in fact not a doctrine. This is going to be fucking hilarious. OK well I'm officially leaving this time which should make all of you happy.

I'll drink a couple for you folks :banana:

Thank you all. Powerman is here to bash Christianity in general. He/She found USMB an inhospitable place. He/She decided that bashing Catholics, whom he/she are assuming the 'fundamenalists' figure are not Christian, acceptable. Some stepped up and I thank them. He/she decided drinking was a good alternative to debate. :(

Powerman said:
It's catholic doctrine. Do your own fucking research. And that is precisely why it is called the DOCTRINE of double effect. You can not possibly be this dense. Use google and find it for yourself. OK I'm out. This is absurdly fucking stupid that you can't figure out that this is church doctrine.

:teeth:

musicman said:
Tried to point you, darlin' - gotta wait.

Nice work!

Thanks

Like already stated, doctrines change and no one is obliged to comply either way. Some Catholic hospitals give the morning after pill when the women has been raped, some don't.

Kathianne said:

Kathy. You know I like you. You've always been civil with me. So what is it about this discussion that has made you go against me?

At this point neither of us have come up with any definite proof. I'll happily acknowledge that I could still be wrong. So why all the hatred? You're one of the people I really respect on this forum. At least be civil and intellecually honest enough where I can still think the same of you. I konw you have it in you.

theHawk said:
Why would you say this is a failure of American culture? You don't think people kill their babies in other countries?

Of course they do.

But the American culture does not promote extended family as much as some other, maybe most, do.

I am only addressing this aspect of American culture, and this particular aspect, to me, is a failure. I bring this up because many people dont think extended family has much or any social signifigance. I think it has much more than most people realize. There are often hidden positives in many aspects of life that usually are more on the conservative side. I think extended family, and large families both have many hidden upsides to them.

Kathianne said:
Thank you all. Powerman is here to bash Christianity in general. He/She found USMB an inhospitable place. He/She decided that bashing Catholics, whom he/she are assuming the 'fundamenalists' figure are not Christian, acceptable. Some stepped up and I thank them. He/she decided drinking was a good alternative to debate. :(

LOL just to let you know I had planned on going drinking before the debate. The debate didn't cause me to go drinking.

What we are arguing over is actually completely pointless to the discussion and in the whole scheme of things is just stupid.

Forum List

Back