And this is why affirmative action can be bad.

Just as bad is the blacks and Hispanics accepting this "condescending attitude of white liberals towards minorities".

Affirmative Action is proof that the left does not believe that all people are created equal.

"There, there, Mr. Minority. We know you're not good enough to succeed on your own. Us white liberals will help you."

It's the soft bigotry of low expectations.

No Jackass....this is why Affirmative Action is still needed: http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-...ng-is-still-alive-today-and-i-have-proof.html
So? You're saying you deserve hiring preference because there's some discrimination?

How is that going to solve anything? Hint: It's not.

I prefer to judge people on the content of their character, not the color of their skin. A truly great American once said that's a good idea.

Damn shame there are people demanding things they didn't earn because of the color of their skin.

Affirmative Action is proof that the left does not believe that all people are created equal.

"There, there, Mr. Minority. We know you're not good enough to succeed on your own. Us white liberals will help you."

No Jackass....this is why Affirmative Action is still needed: http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-...ng-is-still-alive-today-and-i-have-proof.html
So? You're saying you deserve hiring preference because there's some discrimination?

I prefer to judge people on the content of their character, not the color of their skin. A truly great American once said that's a good idea.

Damn shame there are people demanding things they didn't earn because of the color of their skin.

All kinds of wrong here. You are so wrong on so many levels I just don't know were to begin. So I won't.

You notice I rarely if ever respond to you? You are the definition of ignorance. Even a rabid RW nutjob hack like CaliforniaGirl has SOME sense.

You....?

All kinds of wrong here. You are so wrong on so many levels I just don't know were to begin. So I won't.

You notice I rarely if ever respond to you? You are the definition of ignorance. Even a rabid RW nutjob hack like CaliforniaGirl has SOME sense.

You....?
It's not that you won't refute anything I say.

It's that you can't.

mALCOM x ????Muhammad consummated his marriage with a 12 yr old girl !!!::puke::dance::dance:

Last edited:

What other quotes did MLK Jr say? Or is this the only quote conservatives know?

It's the one that liberals ignore the most.

I thank all the white men who underestimated my skills and intellect. You made it easy for me to roll right over you. Sorry it made you bitter, but life is a cutthroat game.
affirmative action is more than likely the only reason an idiot like you has anything. and don't thank this white man because i don't support left wing nanny state policies designed to prop up incompetent loser's like you.if the playing field was based on ability and intelligence you would be doing something a lot less glamorous,something you are actually good at like cleaning toilets .face it deep down inside you realise you need the government to hold your hand for the rest of your miserable life!!!:eusa_hand:

You dumb fucks make me laugh. If you knew anything about the world of nondestructive testing you would know that that companies keep x-ray and ultrasonic films, scans and digital data for between 15-50 years. Some companies keep film forever. No company is going to open themselves up to lawsuits by hiring unqualified people when the evidence is sitting in a vault at Iron Mountain or some other storage site. Plus the certification process is documented and stays on file for decades.

Some white guy showed you where to push the buttons on an inspection machine. :razz: Whooooooeeeeee - we're impressed with your "intellect". :lmao:

No, let's hear how he's wrong on so many levels. Speak up. :razz:

Because when you beat out 700 people to get to the final interview for a job and it's given to a person of color, you can't help but to wonder if that person really was the better choice.

:(

I busted my ass in a community for a year, going well above and beyond anything 99.99 per cent of teachers do, and I was pretty sure this job was mine. After all, I had experience in the ESL program at the high school and this was the feeder middle school. I taught their older brothers and sisters.

I got the call yesterday that it was given to someone 'from the community'. This person 'had ties to the community'. I worked in the community and put my ass on the line for various gang members, trying to see they got an education, volunteered with the Spanish speaking population, etc. etc. but I'm not from the community and I missed out?

ADLJA D:OI* !)(!) !!

The lady who called me sounded rather pained, too, and said that I did 'really well, honey' and told me to keep looking. She said I had the most impressive portfolio, too.

Since the community in question is 95 per cent non-white, I couldn't help but to wonder what that meant, exactly. From everything I saw at the major Open House (150 of us made it that far out of the 700 applicants), there were only a handful of non-whites (makes sense, considering our demographics and education system here) and I was the only person I knew besides two others (who didn't get callbacks) that had specifically worked in a neighborhood school. (The district is huge.)

I'm not saying the guy wasn't qualified. I'm saying that when a liberal weenie like myself has a thought like that cross through her head, that's just reinforces the theory that affirmative action hurts those who deserve those jobs because people distrust their qualifications. (If you've ever seen the acceptance rate for black people at Harvard v. non black or caps on Asian enrollment, you'll see what I mean.)

Allan Bloom made this point in Closing of the American Mind and I was always inclined to agree that it may be a drawback to affirmative action in the 90s (well, that's when I read it) but now I really see what he meant.

:(

Jeez. I feel guilty for my reaction and insanely curious as to WHO THIS FUCKER WAS THAT GOT HIRED OVER ME? !

I have been accused of some negative things, but never for being a bad teacher. I am thorough. And GOOD. Damned good. I have a pile of 'love letters' from the toughest students. Plus I know my material 'cause I'm a history/polisci geek. :cool:

So I'm unemployed, don't have health insurance, and will have to pull my son up out of his happy world and move a couple thousand miles away to California so I can live in my dad's apartment above the garage because people don't want to hire teachers anymore.

There were 7 jobs total posted in the district for social studies. Thousands of applicants. The jobs are gone.

I'm not a teacher who decided to go this route because I had nothing else to do. I really do believe in public service and this is the best way I knew how to serve.

:eusa_boohoo:

Also, can I have my $40k in post-graduate loans I had to borrow back?

I'm going to go slit my wrists in a warm bath while blowdrying my hair now if you don't mind.

Move to Colorado Springs. :D

affirmative action is more than likely the only reason an idiot like you has anything. and don't thank this white man because i don't support left wing nanny state policies designed to prop up incompetent loser's like you.if the playing field was based on ability and intelligence you would be doing something a lot less glamorous,something you are actually good at like cleaning toilets .face it deep down inside you realise you need the government to hold your hand for the rest of your miserable life!!!:eusa_hand:

You dumb fucks make me laugh. If you knew anything about the world of nondestructive testing you would know that that companies keep x-ray and ultrasonic films, scans and digital data for between 15-50 years. Some companies keep film forever. No company is going to open themselves up to lawsuits by hiring unqualified people when the evidence is sitting in a vault at Iron Mountain or some other storage site. Plus the certification process is documented and stays on file for decades.

Some white guy showed you where to push the buttons on an inspection machine. :razz: Whooooooeeeeee - we're impressed with your "intellect". :lmao:

It's obvious you don't have a clue about the subject of Nondestructive Testing and judging from you other posts you don't have a clue about a lot of topics. Keep making your dumb little posts. Here's a website for you to advance your knowledge.

The American Society for Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

if we judged you by the content of your character you would beg us to judge you by the color of your skin!!:cool::clap2:

if we judged you by the content of your character you would beg us to judge you by the color of your skin!!:cool::clap2:

I don't beg and I don't give a damn how I'm judged by anyone outside of my family. That's the problem with a lot of Americans of all races, giving a shit what people think of them.

It's obvious you don't have a clue about the subject of Nondestructive Testing and judging from you other posts you don't have a clue about a lot of topics. Keep making your dumb little posts. Here's a website for you to advance your knowledge.

The American Society for Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

OK, here's an equation relevent to NDT:

equ2.gif

What subfield of NDT is it relevent to? Of what use is it? Explain in detail the variables and constants in the equation and what they represent.

The other is to balance out grievances. For every Bush and McCain, who only got into Harvard and the Naval Academy based on daddy's connections, there should be someone who doesn't have those connections.

Problem with this notion is

1. You'll never "balance out grievances".

2. Letting in ANY black to make up for an ULTRA-TINY minority of white men with money and connections is INSANE. It totally ignores the millions of white males who don't have shit for money and connections. If there's a real victim in America today, it's not the few elite whites or the minorities. It's all those white males without fancy pedigrees.

I don't beg and I don't give a damn how I'm judged by anyone outside of my family. That's the problem with a lot of Americans of all races, giving a shit what people think of them.
then why did you reply:lol:

Forum List

Back