And They Don't Owe The US Taxpayer A Cent.

bitterlyclingin

Silver Member
Aug 4, 2011
[None of their workforce has yet been videotaped tokin' and cokin during their lunchbreaks either. But that's tightly run private enterprise for ya. Nothing fancy other than human labor going in and company profits coming out. Meanwhile on the other side of the city, they were used to throwing spur of the moment wildcat strikes, shutting the manufacturer down, and getting whatever they demanded handed to them on a silver platter by company management. Latter when the overly generous manufacturer ran out of money, the Union responsible for bankrupting the company fortunately had a friend in a very high office who said "I'll use the people's money to buy the company for you, as long as you remember to vote for me and give me a little money in return when I need it. We'll just tell the people a little lie implying we're saving the whole company and not just your jobs.]

"In 2006 Ford (F) was hemorrhaging money and desperate to save itself. The 103-year-old company embarked on a turnaround plan that affected every division of the Michigan-based automaker. Ford sold off its luxury European brands, cut its workforce by a third and put up its cherished assets as collateral for billions of dollars in loans. Wall Street investors and industry insiders hailed the aggressive steps needed to change the company — measures that were largely spearheaded by CEO Alan Mulally. In an interview at Ford headquarters in Dearborn, MI, Mulally says the tough restructuring plan he and other Ford executives supported was a difficult, but crucial, operation and the right one for moving the company forward."

Ford To Add 12,000 Workers: An All-American Comeback Story | Daily Ticker - Yahoo! Finance

:clap2:

I heard on Fox News that AirBus was going to start production in Alabama. So there's some more good jobs.

Ford didn't take the taxpayer bailouts.

They got loans and did it themselves.

Ford rocks.

On the other hand, GM is a fucking disaster.

They owe more in their pensions than they ever made in cumulative profits, 70,000 workers have to pay for 700,000 retirees and it cost them $30B to offload $25B of liabilities.

Forum List

Back