And then we have this...

but wouldn't you say that someone's inability to find those places might be an indication that they are not quite as expert on the issue of American foreign policy as it pertains to the middle east as they might try to portray themselves?

and that would include many ninnies from both sides. Trust me, the Right doesn't have the lock on stupid.

sniff, geography is more important than the issues.

sniff, unless you know how many miles the sun is from the earth, you cant talk about global warming, solar energy, or anything that uses the sun.

if you cant name the worlds top scientists who know the sun, you cant comment either, sniff.

sniff, geography is more important than the issues.

sniff, unless you know how many miles the sun is from the earth, you cant talk about global warming, solar energy, or anything that uses the sun.

if you cant name the worlds top scientists who know the sun, you cant comment either, sniff.

sniff...would you let a surgeon operate on your heart if he did not know where, within your body cavity, the heart was located?

sure. get a second opinion and become the patient of a more knowledgeable surgeon.

Following your analogy...that's why we have elections every 4 years. I can almost guarantee that George Bush will never be elected to the office of President ever again!

Following your analogy...that's why we have elections every 4 years. I can almost guarantee that George Bush will never be elected to the office of President ever again!

I would think that if a surgeon were that inept, not only would I look for a second opinion, but I would be extremely hesitant to look for that opinion from within the same surgical group.

I would think that if a surgeon were that inept, not only would I look for a second opinion, but I would be extremely hesitant to look for that opinion from within the same surgical group.

So then you would not look to ANY surgeon thereafter that claimed to be a heart surgeon? You analogy is starting to fall apart! I sure as hell wouldn't want a dentist performing heart surgery but since we now have eliminated ANY heart surgeon from the mix I guess we can consider it.

Actually, again following the analogy, if one republican is bad, they all must be. The same must hold true of Democrats. Of course, I have always dislike politicians anyway, so I guess it fits!

I have to agree with maineman. The people shouldnt decide policy. We need a dictatorship. Let's just let the liberals take over power and decide everything for us. :eusa_boohoo: :eusa_boohoo: :eusa_dance:

Hey I've got an idea! Instead of having to either have one person rule everyone, or to have everyone rule everyone, instead, we'll have the people choose representatives, and have those representatives make the laws!

Can you please cite the bill and provide a link to it?

in 2005, Congressman Murtha called for a withdrawal from Iraq "at the earliest practical date". Duncan Hunter responded by calling for an IMMEDIATE withdrawal
He remains to this date the only person in Congress to get a bill to the floor calling for an immediate withdrawal.

The idea was rejected 400 to 3 - Its safe to say that there are a small handful of people in the Congress who want an immediate withdrawal. Yet Righties still want to phrase the debate in those terms.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/18/AR2005111802896_pf.html

So then you would not look to ANY surgeon thereafter that claimed to be a heart surgeon? You analogy is starting to fall apart! I sure as hell wouldn't want a dentist performing heart surgery but since we now have eliminated ANY heart surgeon from the mix I guess we can consider it.

Actually, again following the analogy, if one republican is bad, they all must be. The same must hold true of Democrats. Of course, I have always dislike politicians anyway, so I guess it fits!

No....if my " heart surgeon" were a member of, say, "Acme Heart Surgury Associates", I think I would look to some other group....say "Consolidated Heart Surgery Experts" or some other professional heart surgery practice.

I am not suggesting that dentists should perform heart surgery, only that heart surgeons who really know what they are doing perform it.

As I think I said earlier: I believe that the next president will have zero margin for error when it comes to foreign policy - especially middle eastern foreign policy...so we need a foeign policy STUD. I only see three that fill that bill: Richardson, Biden, and McCain.

Forum List

Back