And then there were 12...

The majority of the people who cleaned up The Exon Valdez are dead.

They had an average lifespan of arround 52 years.

How the hell do you know the chemicals he was dealing wtih did not effect his depression?

How the hell do you know the chemicals he was dealing wtih did not effect his depression?

have you got a link for this, pinhead?

put up or shut up; the clock's ticking...

People are responsible for their own actions whether they are depressed or elated.

I agree with this statement 100%. However, does anyone believe this suicide would have happened without the additional pressures of the Gulf of Mexico being full of oil?
No one can say for sure. This guy may have been suffering with depression for months or years and it looks as if the oil spill was the tipping point for him. Who's to say if the oil spill didn't occur, there wouldn't have been something else to push him to the point of suicide.

People are responsible for their own actions whether they are depressed or elated.

I agree with this statement 100%. However, does anyone believe this suicide would have happened without the additional pressures of the Gulf of Mexico being full of oil?

there's absolutely no way to know.

it's more than a little distasteful, imo, to use this person's suicide as a club with which to beat BP.

it's more than a little distasteful, imo, to use this person's suicide as a club with which to beat BP.

And what of the eleven who were killed when their rig exploded? Is BP not to be held responsible for them either, since it was their CHOICE to work on that rig?

And what of the eleven who were killed when their rig exploded? Is BP not to be held responsible for them either, since it was their CHOICE to work on that rig?

To compare this suicide to the other eleven is irresponsible...

BP has direct responsibility for those killed on the rig. For a man who killed himself due to unknown stresses, they have no responsibility

BP has direct responsibility for those killed on the rig. For a man who killed himself due to unknown stresses, they have no responsibility

BP has a moral responsibility to those that died on the rig...and some may argue a legal responsibility; (I am on the fence with the legal part of it...I need to know if negligence was the cause).

Alaskan crab fisherman die often on the job. But that is just it. It happens often so anyone who dies, knew the risk, and opted to take the chance.

Oil rigs rarely blow. Men/women rarely die on them. SO no, they did not know the risk and therefore no one should say "they knew it was dangerous and they may lose their lives"...

BP has a moral responsibility to those that died on the rig...and some may argue a legal responsibility; (I am on the fence with the legal part of it...I need to know if negligence was the cause).

Alaskan crab fisherman die often on the job. But that is just it. It happens often so anyone who dies, knew the risk, and opted to take the chance.

Oil rigs rarely blow. Men/women rarely die on them. SO no, they did not know the risk and therefore no one should say "they knew it was dangerous and they may lose their lives"...

However, when those crab boats are found to be operated illegally, there are legal and civil penalties for the owner(s) of the boat. Ref.: "Big Valley".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-MCqvZXXJE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - CNN: Almost All 1989 Exxon Valdez Cleanup Crew Dead!!!!![/ame]

Orange Beach, Alabama (CNN) -- Allen Kruse had turned his boats into what BP dubs "vessels of opportunity." For two weeks, the charter captain worked for the oil giant, helping haul boom and look for oil.

But those closest to him say Kruse's life unraveled when the oil spill hit the Gulf waters where he worked. Authorities say deck hands found the 55-year-old dead in his boat's cabin, with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, before he was scheduled to head out on the water Wednesday morning.

For all of you on here defending BP, please keep this in mind.:(

Family: Oil disaster devastated captain who committed suicide - CNN.com

Well, you'll get more to make politial hay from when 40,000+ more are unemployed due to the regime's attempts to shut down Gulf drilling.

You live in bizzaro world.

I mean...really?

Give it a rest.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-MCqvZXXJE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - CNN: Almost All 1989 Exxon Valdez Cleanup Crew Dead!!!!![/ame]

lmao.

A talking head throws out figures and you declare it as fact.
I think we have found your problem.

By the way......do you truly think with Mr. Obama in the WH that iof those facts were true, he would have allowed the use of the dispersements?

Go way.

are you suggesting it is BP's fault this guy killed himself?
We all know that BP is Satan himself! In fact, any corporation that employs people is EVIL! And if they have the audacity to actually make a profit, they should be investigated and destroyed!

No, you're wrong. Dick Cheney is Satan himself, BP is simply one of the entities the Dick employs in his evil doings.

are you suggesting it is BP's fault this guy killed himself?
We all know that BP is Satan himself! In fact, any corporation that employs people is EVIL! And if they have the audacity to actually make a profit, they should be investigated and destroyed!

No, you're wrong. Dick Cheney is Satan himself, BP is simply one of the entities the Dick employs in his evil doings.

Uh... you are one stupid mother fucker. You actually believe this don't you? What did your parents do to you?

lmao.

By the way......do you truly think with Mr. Obama in the WH that iof those facts were true, he would have allowed the use of the dispersements?

Go way.

I gave you a source and what do you do.........you simply deny it without one shread of evidence.

You are a real fucking idiot.

lmao.

Go way.

I gave you a source and what do you do.........you simply deny it without one shread of evidence.

You presented a talking head as evidence of your claim and you call HIM a fucking idiot?

I can produce youtube video of thousands of talking heads spouting all kinds of claims and not ONCE would I ever think to use that as backup to a claim I made...

You are a complete fuckstain...

Its a CNN report assclown.

I gave a source and you gave nothing.

Prove it is not true

Orange Beach, Alabama (CNN) -- Allen Kruse had turned his boats into what BP dubs "vessels of opportunity." For two weeks, the charter captain worked for the oil giant, helping haul boom and look for oil.

But those closest to him say Kruse's life unraveled when the oil spill hit the Gulf waters where he worked. Authorities say deck hands found the 55-year-old dead in his boat's cabin, with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, before he was scheduled to head out on the water Wednesday morning.

For all of you on here defending BP, please keep this in mind.:(

Family: Oil disaster devastated captain who committed suicide - CNN.com

I feel for the man but this article bothers me for another reason. We have had no less than 8 maybe 9 suicides on this post in the last 9 months. I can’t find one in the MSM. So I Google "Soldier commits suicide" and the latest one I can come up with on a national level is From Oct 20, 2009.

Now because I know some of their names I did a more in-depth searches and came up with these:

Here are 6 men who have died in the last few months the first one shot himself behind the PX.

Sgt. 1st Class Benjamin Miller

Soldier Found Dead At Fort Riley Identified - Kansas City News Story - KMBC Kansas City

Sgt. Craig M. Gaglia and Pfc. Dale Tyler

Soldier found dead at Fort Riley | CJOnline.com

Sgt. Detrain M. Runner

http://www.kstatecollegian.com/news/soldier-found-dead-in-home-1.2096298

Spc Seth Zencius

Ft. Riley Soldier Found Dead - KSNT.com - News, Weather, Sports - Topeka, Kansas

These men served tours in Afghanistan and Iraq (some on their third and fourth) but their deaths do not rate the same as this man above for the media and that makes me angry.

lmao.

Go way.

Your problem is you can not discerne between a "news report" and an opinion peice.

That was not a news reporter speaking. It was an environmental activist. And activist have a tendancy to make up facts and figures that fit their agenda.

So, as I said, I think we have found your problem.

Forum List

Back