...and the wussification of America's youth rages on

Yeah, I'm sure in the end this will work out in the kid's favor.

The fact that this even occurred shows how things are working out against those with skills that make them more proficient than others. Is this really the attitude that we want to develop in America ?

And so historians will say of us:

Had the Americans truly encouraged their young men to pitch a blistering fast ball, their once grand empire might never have fallen

I am trying to remember my age grouping but a 9 yr old pitching at this speed can expect....torn rotor cuff.....and a bad elbow.

now unless the batters are using full safety equipment a 40 mph pitch is too much. hit in the chest it can stop the heart of the batter and kill them. not many teams wear protective vests. or have flaps coming down off helmets...this is friggin little league .... let the kids be kids...and pitching at that speed is crazy and will tear his arm and shoulder up.

people there are reason for some rules that just go beyond winning.....some one should be thanked for keeping the kid from ruining his arm or worse hitting some kid with a fast hard ball....

And so historians will say of us:

Had the Americans truly encouraged their young men to pitch a blistering fast ball, their once grand empire might never have fallen

or maybe

Had Americans never mandated affirmative action programs, their once grand empire might never have fallen

or maybe

Had Americans never mandated affirmative action programs, their once grand empire might never have fallen

Hey, Hockey Puck, are government mandated affirmative action programs your excuse for being a loser? :lol:

The fact that this even occurred shows how things are working out against those with skills that make them more proficient than others. Is this really the attitude that we want to develop in America ?
I'll take the pragmatic view here and assume that the other kids’ parents are rightly concerned about injuries and overly intense competition. In both sports and academics it is a good idea to segregate the highest achievers and put them in a more challenging environment. This benefits everyone.

I'll take the pragmatic view here and assume that the other kids’ parents are rightly concerned about injuries and overly intense competition. In both sports and academics it is a good idea to segregate the highest achievers and put them in a more challenging environment. This benefits everyone.

The problem with that is that it creates a whole class of high acheivers for the lower achievers to hate. Highly successful capitalists are despised by you know who.

Brillo understands that. He's just still pissed that he flunked kindergarten.
:D

I don't know, and honestly, I don't care. Team sports is team sports. If the kid can't be part of a team, why is he playing at all?

IMO, if the other teams didn't want to play against him, they could just keep forfeiting.

All this handwringing over sports is laughable.

I don't know, and honestly, I don't care. Team sports is team sports. If the kid can't be part of a team, why is he playing at all?

IMO, if the other teams didn't want to play against him, they could just keep forfeiting.

It' symbolic of what's happening in our country, Ravi. High achievers become targets of those who think it is somehow unfair to be more skilled at one thing than someone else. Instead of continuing to strive to be better OR find one's own successful skill sets they maon and bitch about the success others have achieved and cry "it's not fair".

If it were professional sports, I'd tend to agree, but this is developmental sports. Lots of kids learn valuable lessons from these activities that translate to academic and business acumen.

It' symbolic of what's happening in our country, Ravi. High achievers become targets of those who think it is somehow unfair to be more skilled at one thing than someone else. Instead of continuing to strive to be better OR find one's own successful skill sets they maon and bitch about the success others have achieved and cry "it's not fair".
Too bad. It's team sports...do you actually know the definition of team?

Now, if you want to get annoyed, get annoyed at teachers that don't rate kids classroom behavior anymore because someone's widdle feewlings might get hurt.

But if you want to teach kids to be part of a team, then you shouldn't coddle them when the team acts like a team.

If it were professional sports, I'd tend to agree, but this is developmental sports. Lots of kids learn valuable lessons from these activities that translate to academic and business acumen.
I think the most valuable lesson they learn is that adults are nuts.

Too bad. It's team sports...do you actually know the definition of team?

Now, if you want to get annoyed, get annoyed at teachers that don't rate kids classroom behavior anymore because someone's widdle feewlings might get hurt.

But if you want to teach kids to be part of a team, then you shouldn't coddle them when the team acts like a team.

WTF are you talking about---the kid was on a team. The other teams thought he was too good so they booted him. This is ALL about competition. Go ahead--destroy it and watch what happens.

Forum List

Back