and the spin begins

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
obama didn't cave for the catholics, he caved for the catholics

got it?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/11/h...birth-control-rule-officials-say.html?_r=1&hp

WASHINGTON — For the White House, the decision announced Friday to soften a rule requiring religious-affiliated organizations to pay for insurance plans that offer free birth control was never really driven by a desire to mollify Roman Catholic bishops, who were strongly opposed to the plan.

:lol:

Wait til they figure out that the only thing that changed was the rhetoric. Whoever pays for the policy WILL be paying for the contraceptive care.

He's right. It wasn't Catholics....well, not just the Catholics - it was them pesky Christians! And them pesky Jews... and the Muslims. Damn them all for coming together to bully poor baby O.

Wait til they figure out that the only thing that changed was the rhetoric. Whoever pays for the policy WILL be paying for the contraceptive care.

They like the sound of that word "cave" because that is all the wingnuts have been doing for months now.

It's an election year. I think he is just playing politics. Playing to his base and women's interests, then softening his stance to appeal to Catholics (I listened to you and your voice was heard).

obama didn't cave for the catholics, he caved for the catholics

got it?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/11/h...birth-control-rule-officials-say.html?_r=1&hp

WASHINGTON — For the White House, the decision announced Friday to soften a rule requiring religious-affiliated organizations to pay for insurance plans that offer free birth control was never really driven by a desire to mollify Roman Catholic bishops, who were strongly opposed to the plan.

:lol:

hes an alchemist now too:lol:....gotta hand it to him ( and the craven butt kissing media)....

It's an election year. I think he is just playing politics. Playing to his base and women's interests, then softening his stance to appeal to Catholics (I listened to you and your voice was heard).

Any Catholics that are appeased by this smoke and mirrors tactic are complete morons.

FOR SALE:

One Bridge. Orange in Color; Suspension in Design.

1.7 Miles Long, 90 Feet Wide, 746 Feet High.

Optional Toll Booths Included. Daily Traffic Aproximately 300,000 Autos.

74 Years Young, in Excellent Condition.

Originally Cost $25.7 Million, Must Sell, Asking $19 Million.

If Interested, PM hjmick.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
i'm pretty sure i'm not a wingnut, but feel free to consider me one if it eases the pain.

You're not the one who was caving. You're not involved in the decision making in any way.

I don't have pain over this, I don't need contraception because of a surgery but to be fighting over this in 2012 is archaic.

i'm pretty sure i'm not a wingnut, but feel free to consider me one if it eases the pain.

You're not the one who was caving. You're not involved in the decision making in any way.

I don't have pain over this, I don't need contraception because of a surgery but to be fighting over this in 2012 is archaic.

i think religious freedom is just as worthy a cause as reproductive freedom.

The Catholic church is oppressive. I think Catholic women also have the right to choose when and how many times reproduction occurs.

The Catholic church is oppressive. I think Catholic women also have the right to choose when and how many times reproduction occurs.

does the catholic church force people to become catholics at gunpoint? do they follow them home to bed?

no one's stopping catholics fro using bc; that's not the issue.

good effort, though

try again

To many, the tenets of Islam are oppressive. Should the federal government force an intervention there?

Forum List

Back