And the Scum also Rises...

fter the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, which killed six and injured 1,000; President Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

Theres a man in prison for this right now, isn't there?

After the 1995 bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed five U.S. military personnel; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

Yeah, he screwed up there.

After the 1996 Khobar Towers bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed 19 and injured 200 U.S. military personnel; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

Did the Sauds not execute 2 or 3 for this? I can't remember.

After the 1998 bombing of U.S. embassies in Africa, which killed 224 and injured 5,000; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

Not only did he screw that up, but shortly after didn't we bomb the chinese embassy by mistake?

It is a strange turn of events. Hillary gets $8 Million for her forthcoming memoir. Bill gets about $12 Million for his memoir yet to be written. This from two people who have spent the past 8 years being unable to recall anything about past events while under oath!

I'd like to say thats a trick they learned from reagan but I can't recall anything about that :p:

Originally posted by jimnyc
I think his reference was towards AL Qaeda in general, not specifically 9/11.

-----------------------

The media are fascinated with the parts of former White House terrorism czar Richard Clarke's book that trash President Bush as being out to lunch on the al-Qaida threat before 9/11.

But reporters aren't talking about the chapter of "Against All Enemies" that describes how Osama bin Laden cooperated with Iraqi scientists to make weapons of mass destruction - a development that, if true, would more than justify President Bush's decision to go to war in Iraq.

In his book, Clarke describes how the Clinton CIA determined in 1996 that Sudan's Shifa chemical plant, which was allegedly bankrolled by bin Laden, was producing the chemical EMPTA.

"EMPTA is a compound that had been used as a prime ingredient in Iraqi nerve gas," writes Clarke. "It has no other known use, nor had any other nation employed EMPTA to our knowledge for any purpose."

"What was an Iraqi chemical weapons agent doing in Sudan?" the terrorism authority asked.

He then explains:

"UNSCOM and other U.S. government sources had claimed that the Iraqis were working on something at a facility near Shifa. Could Sudan, using bin Laden's money, have hired some Iraqis to make chemical weapons? It seemed chillingly possible."

Invoking the 2001 testimony to U.S. interrogators of captured al-Qaida operative Jamal al-Fadl, Clarke says that he "matter-of-factly described his role in traveling to Sudan for his terrorist organization. [Al Fadl] said his assignment was to follow the work al Qaeda had underway in Khartoum to develop chemical weapons."

In fact, much remains in dispute over just what was going on at the Shifa plant, which was bombed to smithereens in a 1998 cruise missile attack ordered by President Clinton.

But since the press has crowned Richard Clarke as America's ultimate authority on the al-Qaida threat, they ought to at least be honest enough to acknowledge that his account provides ample justification for Bush's decision to oust the regime that Clarke says teamed up with bin Laden to make WMDs in Sudan.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/3/23/221155.shtml

This is about a group of Iraqi scientists in Sudan. This doesn't implicate Iraq, it implicates the Sudanese. Why the hell didn't we go after them?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
This is about a group of Iraqi scientists in Sudan. This doesn't implicate Iraq, it implicates the Sudanese. Why the hell didn't we go after them?

Not sure, but seems like dropping a nuke on them would have been a good idea. :D

My point was about the many references to terrorists and Al Qaeda when the administration spoke of Iraq. I don't believe it was inferring a direct link between Iraq and 9/11. I think the point they were trying to convey was that if left unattended, this is the type of acts we can expect in the future.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Don't forget that Chocolate Lab they had. Whatever happened to that dog anyways?

I believe he recently passed away. That was an awesome looking dog! I love Chocolate Labs. :(

Some where there is video of the new dog that Bubba has at the house in Massapequa(spelling?) but I can't locate it now. Anyway Bubba is on the driveway talking to somebody or other and the dog is running around, well Bubba bends over to pick up the newspaper and the dog jumps up and bites him square in the ass! Funniest damn thing i've ever seen in my life!

Forum List

Back