And The Moral Of The Story Is...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
OLD VERSION

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away..

Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed.

The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be responsible for yourself!

MODERN VERSION

The ant works hard in the withering heat and the rain all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while he is cold and starving.

CBS, NBC , PBS, CNN, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food.

America is stunned by the sharp contrast.

How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper and everybody cries when they sing, 'It's Not Easy Being Green.'

ACORN stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news stations film the group singing, “We shall overcome.” Then Rev. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake.

President Obama condemns the ant and blames President Bush, President Reagan, Christopher Columbus, and the Pope for the grasshopper's plight.

Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid exclaim in an interview with Larry King that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his fair share.

Finally, the EEOC drafts the Economic Equity & Anti-Grasshopper Act retroactive to the beginning of the summer.

The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the Government Green Czar and given to the grasshopper.

The story ends as we see the grasshopper and his free-loading friends finishing up the last bits of the ant’s food while the government house he is in, which, as you recall, just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around them because the grasshopper doesn't maintain it.

The ant has disappeared in the snow, never to be seen again.

The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident, and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the ramshackle, once prosperous and once peaceful, neighborhood..

The entire Nation collapses bringing the rest of the free world with it.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be careful how you vote in 2010.

Are those who just play the market and do not actually produce any product Ants or Grasshoppers?

And you're unable to comment on the OP why? Too much truth in it for you? Or maybe it exposes the way you liberals operate so you want to change the subject?

Are those who just play the market and do not actually produce any product Ants or Grasshoppers?

And you're unable to comment on the OP why? Too much truth in it for you? Or maybe it exposes the way you liberals operate so you want to change the subject?

His response is quite telling.

He does not wish to take risks so he abhors those that do and win.

OLD VERSION

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away..

Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed.

The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be responsible for yourself!

MODERN VERSION

The ant works hard in the withering heat and the rain all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while he is cold and starving.

CBS, NBC , PBS, CNN, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food.

America is stunned by the sharp contrast.

How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper and everybody cries when they sing, 'It's Not Easy Being Green.'

ACORN stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news stations film the group singing, “We shall overcome.” Then Rev. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake.

President Obama condemns the ant and blames President Bush, President Reagan, Christopher Columbus, and the Pope for the grasshopper's plight.

Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid exclaim in an interview with Larry King that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his fair share.

Finally, the EEOC drafts the Economic Equity & Anti-Grasshopper Act retroactive to the beginning of the summer.

The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the Government Green Czar and given to the grasshopper.

The story ends as we see the grasshopper and his free-loading friends finishing up the last bits of the ant’s food while the government house he is in, which, as you recall, just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around them because the grasshopper doesn't maintain it.

The ant has disappeared in the snow, never to be seen again.

The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident, and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the ramshackle, once prosperous and once peaceful, neighborhood..

The entire Nation collapses bringing the rest of the free world with it.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be careful how you vote in 2010.

There is No Morality apart from the Collective Comrade. It is what it is for as long as we decide, how, when, where, why, and that is subject to change without warning. Have a nice day! Don't make me repeat myself now, I might report you to the Party. :):):):):)

His response is quite telling.

He does not wish to take risks so he abhors those that do and win.

He's the "grass hopper." We know it, he knows it, everyone knows it... and it made him uncomfortable to be exposed so he threw out some garbage to try and change the subject. All to typical behavior for a liberal.

And the irony?

Those liberals that DO take the risk?

If they lose, they blame those that allowed them to take the risk.

Yep like all the banks pushing NINJA home loans blaming the gummit, they made me do it. Please bail me out.

DO you know what a NINJA loan is?

Learn something USCitizen.....

It is a loan where the borrower does not need to prove his income or his job history.

It does not mean he does not need to attest to his income or his job history....it simply means he does not need to prove he is telling the truth with documentation.

But...
he DOES need to write down his income and his job history on the application and then attest to the validity of the infoirmation by signing the document.

When it goes to underwriting, the underwrtier assumes the info the borrowe gave is accurate.

However, many lied on the application...yes...broke the law and lied on an affidavit seeing as they knew they would not get "caught"....as it was a NINJA loan.

And so the underwriter approved the loan based on the lie that was sworn to be truth by the borrower.

And yet you see the borrower (the lair) as the victim and you see the lender (the one who trusted an affidavit) as the one at fault.

Interesting......

New Global economy version.

While investing in commodties which drives up the price so that come winter the and cannot afford to pay to heat his hole...

The grasshopper is wintering in Jamaica on the money he made off of the ants labors.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Those with the money win.

Last edited:

While investing in commodties which drives up the price so that come winter the and cannot afford to pay to heat his hole...

The grasshopper is wintering in Jamaica on the money he made off of the ants labors.

Moral of this story is: uscitizen can't bear to be compared to the grass hopper in the OP, so he is in constant change the subject mode.

Gee...and I wonder.....except of the small percentage that inherit big money...I wonder how those with money got the mnoney to begin with.

Couldnt be hard work....nah....impossible.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Gee...and I wonder.....except of the small percentage that inherit big money...I wonder how those with money got the mnoney to begin with.

Frist rule in the world of finiance never use your own money.

I know...I now...USCitizen...

The truth of the NUINJA loans left you speechless.

By the way...it is the EA+XACT truth.

During the campaign, Obama preferred you did not know it.....he deemed it best to keep you naive.

Wow...you really are clueless on how to make money.
You need to analyze the cost of money compared projrected return of money compared to your own money and then make that decision.

That is the first rule of investing.....YOUR first rule usually will end up in losses.

Wow...you really are clueless on how to make money.
You need to analyze the cost of money compared projrected return of money compared to your own money and then make that decision.

That is the first rule of investing.....YOUR first rule usually will end up in losses.

Of course you do not know my story.
I went from check to check to 1 million plus in 3 years. No inheritance or lottery winnings, etc.
Now I am just living off my winnings, got tired of the game and saw the recession coming so I went to secure investments. Gold and govt backed investments.

Just because I do not like the trickle up economy does not mean I could not profit from it.

Yes I am a hypocrite on that, I did however get out when I had enough and a company I bought and built up did prosper and provide well paid jobs for my area. I sold the business to my employees.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back