And the libs think we should all pay more taxes

Ahh.. the preacher for equalized outcome in a system/society that is supposed to be based on freedom...

idiot

It's because of the TAX RATES, MORON> Pub dupes. How brainwashed can you get? Unbelievable.

So because someone pays zero in federal income taxes... they are downtrodden... and those that pay the highest in taxes have increased their wealth because of the high tax rates :rolleyes:

Fucking idiot

You're either for equal treatment of all, or you're not.... you let us know, asshole troll

FLAT or FAIR Tax is the only way to go with abolishment of the 16th.

A) Everyone pays about the same % in all taxes and fees, ya stupid dupe.

B) OP is a lie, Dems and Obama want to raise taxes on the bloated rich and corps that only pay 12%.

Idiot.

OP is talking about illegal aliens taking big tax refunds, up to $12,000 each, by filing fraudulent tax returns and the government isn't doing a damn thing to stop it. An IRS agent blew the whistle on this scam. The illegals are claiming dependents- kids, nieces and nephews that may not even exist. The reporters went to a trailer where several different filers claimed to live with all their dependents. Not surprising that they didn't even live there.

I guess some will approve since Obama is in office.

Last edited:
Remember now.. Only 50% of Americans pay federal income tax so naturally this won't bother the 50% who don't. It's just a matter of time though the takers will take too much, there won't be enough givers and it will all come tumbling down. Thanks a lot democrats. You've been in charge since 2006.. and it's still happening.
you've only told us 50 gazillion times :banghead: :anj_stfu:

And we'll keep repeating it until it sinks in.

A) Everyone pays about the same % in all taxes and fees, ya stupid dupe.

B) OP is a lie, Dems and Obama want to raise taxes on the bloated rich and corps that only pay 12%.

Idiot.

OP is talking about illegal aliens taking big tax refunds, up to $12,000 each, by filing fraudulent tax returns and the government isn't doing a damn thing to stop it. An IRS agent blew the whistle on this scam. The illegals are claiming dependents- kids, nieces and nephews that may not even exist. The reporters went to a trailer where several different filers claimed to live with all their dependents. Not surprising that they didn't even live there.

I guess some will approve since Obama is in office.

Correct, except I believe the whistleblower wasn't an IRS agent but rather a tax preparer. I wonder if he actually signed those returns as a "paid preparer" and if they can figure out who he is, if they will go after him. I would not have signed those returns if I were him.

Immie

Remember now.. Only 50% of Americans pay federal income tax so naturally this won't bother the 50% who don't. It's just a matter of time though the takers will take too much, there won't be enough givers and it will all come tumbling down. Thanks a lot democrats. You've been in charge since 2006.. and it's still happening.

Really? Odd, I grossed enough last year to go above the FICA limit. Perhaps you should get a job.
Well since you obviously can afford it, feel free to pay more in taxes. Leave me out of your government is God scheme.
Why is it you cannot address the issue at hand? Theft of our money by illegals.
Go ahead. If you dare.

I've never seen a con explain how we'll fix our infrastructure without increasing revenue [taxes].

Revenue is UP from 2010. Slightly.
The federal government does not have a revenue problem. It has a SPENDING problem..
Far too much revenue is wasted on garbage. Anyone with half a functioning brain knows this.

You think republicans would stop it? Getting elected is the most important thing to these ass-hats, and that means pandering to certain groups. Republicans wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole. [sarcasm]They need the hispanic vote[/sarcasm].

So that is the spin from the libs? That didn't take long.

Not a liberal, no spin, just trying to bring you out of your partisan bubble you live in where you think one party is the source of all evil.

Oh shut the hell up.
So....Now you will address the subject matter of the thread. Illegal immigrants stealing tax money in the form of fraudulent refunds.

Really? Odd, I grossed enough last year to go above the FICA limit. Perhaps you should get a job.
Well since you obviously can afford it, feel free to pay more in taxes. Leave me out of your government is God scheme.
Why is it you cannot address the issue at hand? Theft of our money by illegals.
Go ahead. If you dare.

:popcorn:

I've never seen a con explain how we'll fix our infrastructure without increasing revenue [taxes].

The federal government does not have a revenue problem. It has a SPENDING problem..
Far too much revenue is wasted on garbage. Anyone with half a functioning brain knows this.

Repeated again...

We were all paying more taxes after 1993. Yet, the next few years saw the greatest economic boom in our nations history.

In SPITE of more taxes... because of the huge tech boom (and subsequent bust)...

The economic boom was not BECAUSE of the tax increases, you fucking moron

Well, Dimwit Dave, the increase in taxes apparently had no affect on that boom, now did it? And look what happened under Bush. Tax cut, and the increase in jobs for his terms never matched the people graduating from college and high school. And at the end of his second term, we were hemorrhaging jobs at the rate of 750,000 a month. Damn near went into the Second Great Republican Depression.

And you want us to let the GOP have the reins of government again:lol:

The economy that Clinton left went into recession, three months after Bush was sworn in. Obviously, the tax increases did have an effect on the boom. The economy dropped into recession again in 2003, and again in 2007, as the credit crunch from the housing bust was taking effect. Prior to the start of the 2007 recession, the unemployment rate was in the 4.5% range, which is considered close to full employment.

The fed considers that an employment rate that low, creates wage inflation, which it also claims is bad for the economy.

Interesting that the GOP wants to follow the example of Europe by using austerity.

Eliminate spending in areas such as entitlements so that current revenue (which is at astronomical levels) can be used for appropriate spending that the federal government is actually charged to do... simplify the tax system and leave no citizen out of income tax... with a simplified system eliminate the huge expenditures of an over-sized IRS (as well as the elimination of many departments and agencies that are either redundant or have no place in our federal government)

See.. there's a start

ummm you just increased taxes...

Yep.. in my quest for equal treatment in taxation.. that can happen.. hell.. I said before that if much spending is eliminated and it is determined to start paying off the debt that every citizen has to pay 30% of income... I would rather have that than the unequal system we have now...

But ensuring that all citizens are included in paying income tax does not INHERENTLY mean a tax or revenue increase... you could lower it for some and raise it for others to come to the flat tax point, and it is not an inherent increase in revenue.. it all depends on what would be determined to be necessary

fair enough

No, it has BOTH. And more. As shown by the original post, and as you have said, it has a waste problem as well.

But even if we got rid of all the waste and cut entitlements to just those we can all agree actually need or deserve them, we would still have to raise more revenue to keep a working government.

We have to cut like hell and raise top the point its starts to hurt. On everyone.

Weve had 40 years of irresponsible government. Spending our future away. Now either we pay the bill or we pass that bill down to our kids and grandkids. It will suck for us, but I say we take the responsibility and man up and deal with it.

Last edited:
The richest have tripled their wealth under voodoo while the rest, and the country, suffer. Patently unfair, and no Pub double talk for the dupes changes that. Stupidest voters in the world, Pub dupes.

I am not rich, and I don't suffer. None of my friends and neighbors are rich, and they don't suffer either. Perhaps your suffering is caused by your own incompetence and not the fault of the super rich?

No, it has BOTH. And more. As shown by the original post, and as you have said, it has a waste problem as well.

But even if we got rid of all the waste and cut entitlements to just those we can all agree actually need or deserve them, we would still have to raise more revenue to keep a working government.

We have to cut like hell and raise top the point its starts to hurt. On everyone.

Weve had 40 years of irresponsible government. Spending our future away. Now either we pay the bill or we pass that bill down to our kids and grandkids. It will suck for us, but I say we take the responsibility and man up and deal with it.

We have had over seventy years of irresponsible government, and we will not fix the debt that they created overnight. Our first goal should be to bring our spending in line with our revenue, and quit adding to the debt. We cannot do that without altering the entitlement programs, expecially Medicare/Medicaid, because they are the main drivers of the deficits.

We may well need tax increases to get to a balanced budget and zero deficits, but first lets do the hard work and fix the problems with spending. Otherwise, the tax increases will do the same as they have done in the past, enable more federal spending and more spending programs.

Once that is accomplished the rest is easy. Keep the budget frozen, with a reasonable allowance for inflation, and the debt will begin to disappear.

Forum List

Back