And the "Ingrate of the Year" Award goes to...

Nuc said:
fuzzykitten99 said:
it's the liberals of this country that created this mindset.

"oh, i'm a victim! pay me for my own mistake! /QUOTE]

Really? What about the "Homeland Security" "TSA" mindset that says making people take off their shoes will make America safe? That bullshit is supposed to be "conservative" but is stupider than any "liberal" crap. Which is stupid enough.

Yeah - the real conservative approach would be to lock up Arabs. And, for my money, boot Jews from the Pentagon. But I realize that's a little too conservative for some conservatives. But hey. You want Dante in his dreadlocks and ill-fitting TSA T-shirt demanding your grandmother take her shoes off at Philadelphia International for the next 20 years, be my guest.

Abbey Normal said:
In Old Saybrook, Conn., in October 2004, Alan Hauser, who was parked with engine running, sitting with his mother-in-law, accidentally hit the accelerator, causing the SUV to jump a curb and plunge down an embankment into the Connecticut River, where rescuers (who were later cited for heroism) pulled the woman out 30 minutes later. (Hauser managed on his own.) The woman, 75, suffered serious brain damage from being submerged, and in August filed a lawsuit against the city for not having guardrails, not having regular patrols of trained and equipped rescuers, and not having more signs warning people of the danger of falling into the river. (Hauser was also sued, but the family's original plan, to sue individual rescuers, was scuttled.)

[New Haven Register, 8-10-05]

I don't understand why they didn't sue the auto company. Everybody knows that those nasty SUVs cause all sorts of accidents. ;)

GunnyL said:
Jackass then sues the gym for not supervising him while he was in there (when he had dismissed the attendant) thus creating the accident. The gym settled out of court.

My business has been the victim of several frivolous lawsuits. Our insurance company always pays up and settles out of court although we are in the right. They say in the long run it is cheaper. We need reform.

Forum List

Back