And the HATE continues to be preached in the CHURCH

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
I continue to hear, even on the steps of the Church, them ragheads, I hope them ******* don't come back, etc. etc. I am appalled each time I hear these atrocities.

Jesus teaches that the love of God is all encompassing. Jesus teaches that WAR is not and never will be PEACE. Jesus teaches that discrimination based upon anything is completely WRONG.

Jesus teaches humility, genuine compassion, recognition of one's own sins and repentance. Jesus offers a guarantee of redemption. Unfortunately for Christians, most other religions offer much the same.

I am a Christian. I was raised in a Christian home. I was saved when I was only 8 years old. I am also a sinner. Neither Jesus nor God ever promised I would be anything other. Both only required my acceptance. I accepted.

Jesus and God taught me that my personal discriminations were invalid in their eyes. Jesus and God showed me the way to complete love. Jesus and God showed me that WAR is not PEACE and any attempt to embellish the concept of WAR as an instrument of PEACE was an abomination of the teachings of GOD and a HUMAN declaration of WAR. WAR is not pleasing in the eyes of my Lord Jesus Christ or of His father GOD. On a side note, the teachings of Buddha, Mohammed, and all other high ranking religious figures also condemn the concept of WAR.

My message here is not to condemn you. My message here is to, hopefully, open your eyes to your supporters and detractors. Those that support WAR do so without the blessings of GOD, or ALLAH or whatever else you chose to name your particular SUPREME BEING or IDOL. JESUS taught me that whatever my choice, my very primary responsibility is to humanity and the propagation of issues important to humanity.

GOD Bless

Psychoblues

Psychoblues said:
I continue to hear, even on the steps of the Church, them ragheads, I hope them ******* don't come back, etc. etc. I am appalled each time I hear these atrocities.

Jesus teaches that the love of God is all encompassing. Jesus teaches that WAR is not and never will be PEACE. Jesus teaches that discrimination based upon anything is completely WRONG.

Jesus teaches humility, genuine compassion, recognition of one's own sins and repentance. Jesus offers a guarantee of redemption. Unfortunately for Christians, most other religions offer much the same.

I am a Christian. I was raised in a Christian home. I was saved when I was only 8 years old. I am also a sinner. Neither Jesus nor God ever promised I would be anything other. Both only required my acceptance. I accepted.

Jesus and God taught me that my personal discriminations were invalid in their eyes. Jesus and God showed me the way to complete love. Jesus and God showed me that WAR is not PEACE and any attempt to embellish the concept of WAR as an instrument of PEACE was an abomination of the teachings of GOD and a HUMAN declaration of WAR. WAR is not pleasing in the eyes of my Lord Jesus Christ or of His father GOD. On a side note, the teachings of Buddha, Mohammed, and all other high ranking religious figures also condemn the concept of WAR.

My message here is not to condemn you. My message here is to, hopefully, open your eyes to your supporters and detractors. Those that support WAR do so without the blessings of GOD, or ALLAH or whatever else you chose to name your particular SUPREME BEING or IDOL. JESUS taught me that whatever my choice, my very primary responsibility is to humanity and the propagation of issues important to humanity.

GOD Bless

Psychoblues

I take it this 'church hate' being preached is from your personal experiences? Haven't heard any from my church, on the contrary, heard this past Sunday that WE must practice more inclusion and sensitivity. Must wonder about YOUR Christian Church and co-congregants.

Psychoblues said:

GOD Bless

Psychoblues

Take your Liberation Theology and cram it.

Psychoblues said:

GOD Bless

Psychoblues

1 Our government chose military action--not our churches.

2 If Muslims are taught to kill non-believers and Christians are taught to turn the other cheek, than I guess all Christians will be killed but be in heaven. Did Jesus not intend for people to spend a little time on earth doing his will?

3 You complain about being accused of being non-patriotic when you criticize the war yet you accuse Christians of being sinners when they support the governments reaction to an unprovoked attack on Americans.
If Muslims stop killing people, the US will leave Iraq. As a Christian maybe you could pray that muslims will stop the war. Claiming that Chistians support war is a bit dishonest don't you think?

As a non-christian about the only thing that I have to say about this is, Bullsh*t. I have yet to hear one christian call somebody a 'raghead' or a 'N-Word'. This is baseless accusation without substantiation. It is total garbage written only to get a rise from those of the christian persuasion.

This is total trollish behavior and on the first order too. A post only made to draw an emotional reaction is by its very nature from a troll.

no1tovote4 said:
As a non-christian about the only thing that I have to say about this is, Bullsh*t. I have yet to hear one christian call somebody a 'raghead' or a 'N-Word'. This is baseless accusation without substantiation. It is total garbage written only to get a rise from those of the christian persuasion.

This is total trollish behavior and on the first order too. A post only made to draw an emotional reaction is by its very nature from a troll.

I'm with him.

I won't say you are .....misleading us..... but I want proof that there is a "real" church (not the Church of Armageddon, etc) that has had a minister stand before his congregation and call someone a "raghead" or the "n" word.

Sorry..but you saying you heard it isn't going to cut it. I live in the south. Bible-belt of the U.S. I have NEVER heard of a church using the phrase rag-head.

And trust me, again since I am in the south, if a "real" minister used the "n" word, it would be all over the press.

Dude, what church do you go to? I have never heard aything like that at my church.

As for war and peace, of course Jesus desires peace. But Jesus was concerned with something much bigger--and much smaller-- than war between nations; He was concerned with the condition of each human's heart.

He acknowleged that He had come not to unite, but to divide, to turn father against son, wife against husband. He foretold that there would be wars and rumors of war before He came again.

Jesus knew that those who chose to follow Him would not incite war. But should evil be allowed to flourish? Didn't Jesus overturn the tables of the money changers in the temple? If evil is encroaching upon us, should we not stand against it? Should we not protect the innocent?

Dude, go rent Sergent York with Gary Cooper.

no1tovote4 said:

Why No1, I do believe this is the most emotional indignation I've ever heard from you! :)

Psychoblues said:
GOD Bless

Psychoblues

Jesus taught me to stand up against evil, to reject it. Never to comprimise with it. If you say your responsibility is to humanity then why is it you think tyrants like Saddam and countries like Iran, North Korea, or terroist organizations should go unchecked? We are the peacekeepers of the world, like it or not. If WAR is so bad as you say, then what do we do when OTHERS start one? Sit by and watch thousands get murdered? The War with Iraq started when he invaded Kuwait, it just took a decade after a cease fire to finish it. Now we have a madman on the scale of Hitler attempting to get nukes and threatening to wipe out an entire race. And you think we should pull out everywhere and let these maniacs destroy the world....

"Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God. "

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Psychoblues said:

GOD Bless

Psychoblues

If you are hearing hate preached to you in Church, then you are going to the wrong Church.

dilloduck said:
1 Our government chose military action--not our churches.

2 If Muslims are taught to kill non-believers and Christians are taught to turn the other cheek, than I guess all Christians will be killed but be in heaven. Did Jesus not intend for people to spend a little time on earth doing his will?

3 You complain about being accused of being non-patriotic when you criticize the war yet you accuse Christians of being sinners when they support the governments reaction to an unprovoked attack on Americans.
If Muslims stop killing people, the US will leave Iraq. As a Christian maybe you could pray that muslims will stop the war. Claiming that Chistians support war is a bit dishonest don't you think?

I agree. We wouldn't bother them if they didn't try to kill us. I think the left has this false notion we want war. No one wants war. Those of us who support and those who fight just realize that sometimes we need to fight to save that which is good and decent in the world. Namely our freedom, our faith, and our families.

I think many of those on the left create this false delusion so they can can justify their own holier-than-thou attitude. They are trying to act better than others because they are the only ones that are "truely" pro-peace. Its a bunch of bosh though.

theHawk said:
Jesus taught me to stand up against evil, to reject it. Never to comprimise with it. If you say your responsibility is to humanity then why is it you think tyrants like Saddam and countries like Iran, North Korea, or terroist organizations should go unchecked? We are the peacekeepers of the world, like it or not. If WAR is so bad as you say, then what do we do when OTHERS start one? Sit by and watch thousands get murdered? The War with Iraq started when he invaded Kuwait, it just took a decade after a cease fire to finish it. Now we have a madman on the scale of Hitler attempting to get nukes and threatening to wipe out an entire race. And you think we should pull out everywhere and let these maniacs destroy the world....

"Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God. "

I think you are hitting on a common mistake some people make. Peace is not the absense of war. It's the absence of evil. In order to achieve this you need freedom. Freedom to choose good over evil. Sometimes in order to get this freedom you need to fight back against the bad guys. Peace comes when good wins.

Psychoblues said:

Psychoblues
I believe you have mistaken a KKK meeting for a Church meeting. :)

Hate is what Churches do when they don't 'call people' on their sinfull behaviour/hearts.

Churches who allow for sin, homosexuality, greed, gluttony, Liberals - those church are showing they have NO regard for the eternal souls of it's membership.

:(

I have moved from one end of the Bible belt to the other. I have attended dozens of church, both as a one time visitor and as a member. The only time I have ever heard racial slurs used by church members, the people using them predated the civil rights movement and they weren't church leadership. And I don't think I've ever heard a church member use the term "raghead" except when jokingly referring to "Raghead Studies" (Arab Studies) or once when I heard an Arab referring to herself.

As for the frickin' war and Christianity, I said it once before, and I said it so well, that I'm going to copy and paste it here.

All right, I've taken the abuse and turned the other cheek long enough. All I have to show for it is two sore cheeks, so this is me finally snapping.

How dare you Godless, condescending, atheistic, liberal HEATHENS try to tell me how I'm supposed to follow my own religion. I've read the Bible. I follow the teachings. I live my life the best way I know how, Biblically, yet every time a political issue comes up, a bunch of intellectual elites who have spent years telling me how I'm just a neanderthal living with the primitive notion of a God as a crutch all of a sudden tell me that I have to do what they want because Jesus says this or Jesus says that. WHAT THE HELL WOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT JESUS??? Tell me, I'm curious. You ever talk to him? I didn't think so. Game over. You lose. Jesus tore up a temple marketplace for defiling the temple. He also said that we should protect the innocent. When he returns, he's also coming on a really cool horse with an army at his back. Did you know that? Probably not. Now, I'm going to shut up before I let my tongue, described in the Bible as a viper full of deadly poison (another thing you smug liberals, so interested in the sounds of your own voices, probably didn't know), gets the better of me.

Now go away and don't tell me how I'm supposed to follow Jesus until you actually try it for yourself.

:blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup:

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
the fact that many liberals are Christians. The very leader of the church in Falls Church VA where Albert Gonzalez, Michael Gerson (Bush's speechwriter) and many other Republicans attend, is quietly against the war based on his Christian principles, just like Psychoblues.

Mariner.

Mariner said:
the fact that many liberals are Christians. The very leader of the church in Falls Church VA where Albert Gonzalez, Michael Gerson (Bush's speechwriter) and many other Republicans attend, is quietly against the war based on his Christian principles, just like Psychoblues.

Some churches do preach hate, though it's certainly the minority. This is from a NY Times magazine piece available only to subscribers, so I can't give you a link. Phelps has been in the news for leading disruptive protests at funerals. The article is written by a devout Christian:

Getting Religion
By MARK LILLA (NYT) 5204 words
Published: September 18, 2005

... The ''God Hates Fag Enablers'' team is well known to the Graham organization. They come from the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan., whose pastor, the Rev. Fred Phelps, devotes his Christian ministry to fighting a war against ''the modern militant homosexual movement.'' Throughout the year he sends out groups of freshly washed kids to picket gay-pride parades, ''funerals of impenitent sodomites, like Matthew Shepard,'' and ''enablers'' like Billy Graham. While Graham deems homosexual acts sinful, he also preaches compassion for gays and lesbians, which is why Phelps has made him a target. Phelps is a homegrown Calvinist who celebrates the vengeful acts of a wrathful God: AIDS, the attacks of 9/11, the killing of American troops in Iraq, the London suicide bombings and, most recently, Hurricane Katrina. The texts posted on the church's Web site could have been drawn from the apocalyptic literature of 16th-century Germany: ''Face it, America! You have become a fag-filled nation of flag worshipers and necromancers. Your only terrorist is the Lord your God! He fights against you personally.''

Pastor Phelps's troops are handsome, their placards professionally printed. The man in the neighboring cage, who holds up the shakily lettered ''Graham Leads to Hell'' sign, is old-school. He has come all the way from A True Church, in Lake Hughes, Calif. His flier also affirms that ''God Hates,'' ''True Believers Hate'' and ''God Causes All, Even Sin,'' but he doesn't seem particularly worked up about homosexuals. His anger is directed at false prophets who preach ecumenical understanding for other faiths and water down the Gospel message. The flier has a long list of errant messengers, including many of the most popular evangelicals of our time: James Dobson, T.D. Jakes, Rick Warren and, of course, Billy Graham. The competition...

Mariner.

Few liberals are christians. They're just trying to "commandeer the language of the christian moral highground", in their terms. Psychos been trying to do it lately. It's funny, no?

Forum List

Back