And the GOP has lost its mind

You could start with Michael Steele's early comments, which are posted all over the Internet. You DO know how to use a search engine, don't you? Or you can read a variety of articles, blogs, all collected here.

Some Analysts Warn Obama's Nobel Peac... - Google News
Links to Google searches?

Bravo.....I guess. :lol:

Google News Feed. As in, a list of major news sources, searched by Google keywords. How exactly is this not a valid link?

What? You expect honesty?

DNC rips Steele, compares RNC to Taliban, Hamas - TheHill.com

DNC rips Steele, compares RNC to Taliban, Hamas
By Michael O'Brien - 10/09/09 12:42 PM ET
Democrats pounced Friday on a statement from Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Michael Steele, who said President Barack Obama did not deserve to win the Nobel Peace Prize.

Democrats have tried to craft an image of Republicans as rooting against the U.S. on the world stage, with DNC Communications Director Brad Woodhouse linking Steele's response to the cheer from some conservatives last week after Chicago was not awarded the 2016 Olympics, despite presidential lobbying.

“Republicans cheered when America failed to land the Olympics and now they are criticizing the president of the United States for receiving the Nobel Peace Prize — an award he did not seek but that is nonetheless an honor in which every American can take great pride — unless of course you are the Republican Party,” Woodhouse said in a statement Friday.

The RNC fired back early Friday afternoon, accusing Democrats of seeking to “demonize” opponents who have questioned the extent of the president's accomplishments.

“Like most Americans, the DNC can’t think of one achievement that the president has accomplished, so they resort to their predictable response and standard playbook of demonizing those who disagree with them,” RNC press secretary Gail Gitcho said in an e-mail.

“First they call Americans concerned over health care ‘rabid extremists’ and ‘angry mobs.' Now, when challenged to answer the question of what the president has accomplished, Democrats are lashing out calling Republicans terrorists. That type of political rhetoric is shameful.”

Here's Steel's statement:

RNC Statement on Obama Nobel Win - The Page by Mark Halperin - TIME.com

RNC Statement on Obama Nobel Win
RNC STATEMENT ON PRESIDENT OBAMA'S NOBEL PEACE PRIZE AWARD
WASHINGTON – Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Michael Steele released the following statement today:

“The real question Americans are asking is, ‘What has President Obama actually accomplished?' It is unfortunate that the president's star power has outshined tireless advocates who have made real achievements working towards peace and human rights. One thing is certain – President Obama won't be receiving any awards from Americans for job creation, fiscal responsibility, or backing up rhetoric with concrete action.”​

I think you've lost your mind.

The "GOP" hasn't done any of the things you suggested. If they have, back it up with links.

The only thing we are doing is laughing our asses off.

You could start with Michael Steele's early comments, which are posted all over the Internet. You DO know how to use a search engine, don't you? Or you can read a variety of articles, blogs, all collected here.

Some Analysts Warn Obama's Nobel Peac... - Google News
Links to Google searches?

Bravo.....I guess. :lol:

The lazy ass asked for links, like this hasn't been discussed ad nauseam all day long. I gave him the Google pages where he could take his pick. You got a problem with that?

The complete derangement over Barack Obama was stoked this morning by news that he won the Nobel Peace Prize. They have aligned themselves with the Taliban and conservative splinter groups in Pakistan instead of just saying, um, "congrats." Instead, the GOP has decided to treat the Peace Prize as something worse than your average terrorist attack. Calls for boycotts of the Nobel Prize Committee, calls of protest and questions of bribery.

It is psychotic.

The fact of the matter is that the Nobel Peace Prize means very little, no scratch that, it means nothing. Hell, Henry Kissenger has one, ponder that. But it isn't a bad thing, if nothing else, it shows the world changing its attitude towards the US to something starkly positive instead of intrinsically negative. It is hard to think that is a bad thing.

The GOP is losing its mind. So insistant on attacking Obama, they are attacking indiscriminatly. And it makes you look unstable.

I once again beg the GOP, come back to reality. Please.

Are you saying there's a new mental disorder called "Obama Derangement Syndrome"?

This just about sums it up for the majority of thinking Americans:

"People can read into it whatever they want," said former Bush spokesman Tony Fratto. "But when you're awarded a Nobel Peace Prize and the first question everyone asks is 'for what?' then you have to question what the motives of the Nobel committee are in making the award."

Last edited:
The complete derangement over Barack Obama was stoked this morning by news that he won the Nobel Peace Prize. They have aligned themselves with the Taliban and conservative splinter groups in Pakistan instead of just saying, um, "congrats." Instead, the GOP has decided to treat the Peace Prize as something worse than your average terrorist attack. Calls for boycotts of the Nobel Prize Committee, calls of protest and questions of bribery.

It is psychotic.

The fact of the matter is that the Nobel Peace Prize means very little, no scratch that, it means nothing. Hell, Henry Kissenger has one, ponder that. But it isn't a bad thing, if nothing else, it shows the world changing its attitude towards the US to something starkly positive instead of intrinsically negative. It is hard to think that is a bad thing.

The GOP is losing its mind. So insistant on attacking Obama, they are attacking indiscriminatly. And it makes you look unstable.

uh....wrong...it shows five people....

next

Back it up with links?

Tell you what, go to the US Message Board and read what the "conservatards" there are writing. I think it's probably a fairly accurate sampling of the GOP across America. Good luck.

I have been reading alot of posts. Most of them seem to be laughing at the idea of Obama getting a nobel peace prize for a couple of weeks of being in office.

Only the far left kooks believe he deserved it.

I think that everyone who isn't a far rightwingnut, easily understands that this award was given to Obama in name only. This award was actually given to the American people because they rejected the Bush and right-wing Republican platform of war, hate, fear, racism and voodoo. Who do? You do.

Back it up with links?

Tell you what, go to the US Message Board and read what the "conservatards" there are writing. I think it's probably a fairly accurate sampling of the GOP across America. Good luck.

I have been reading alot of posts. Most of them seem to be laughing at the idea of Obama getting a nobel peace prize for a couple of weeks of being in office.

Only the far left kooks believe he deserved it.

I think that everyone who isn't a far rightwingnut, easily understands that this award was given to Obama in name only. This award was actually given to the American people because they rejected the Bush and right-wing Republican platform of war

Obama ended the wars?

You get a NBP for not being a hatemonger?

Did you not see the campaign? Don't you know the world would've ended had the omnibus spending bill not passed

Some of his comments make me question that

and voodoo.

Well, kind of scratching my head as to the reasons for the award. However, it is totally fun watching the wingnuts running around screaming like adolescent little girls.

Well, kind of scratching my head as to the reasons for the award. However, it is totally fun watching the wingnuts running around screaming like adolescent little girls.

No, what you heard was Chris screaming when you refused to use lube.

Well, obviously, they're jealous. If somehow the last guy they had in the Oval Office had gotten one <snicker>, they'd be ecstatic.

It is psychotic.

The Nobel Peace Prize is given to people who have accomplishments in that area like Martin Luther King. That is a black man that deserved the prize but Obama has done nothing to deserve that which makes me think it was rigged to give him more support. This might sound conspiratiorial but tell me what has he done that is on the level of Ghandi or Martin Luther king that would give him that prize.

The whole thing was rigged and should be considered a joke because when I saw the headline I actually did laugh out loud.

yay!! barry hussein soetoro ,you pulled off another scam!! thanks to the commies and the obamaloonies you can now spend that 1.4 million prize on ACORN or your other pet projects. hahahahaha

Forum List

Back