And The Beat Goes On

SAYIT

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2012
Anti-American fury sweeps Middle East over film - Yahoo! News

KHARTOUM/TUNIS (Reuters) - Fury about a film that insults the Prophet Mohammad tore across the Middle East after weekly prayers on Friday with protesters attacking U.S. embassies and burning American flags as the Pentagon rushed to bolster security at its missions.

At least seven people were killed as local police struggled to repel assaults after weekly Muslim prayers in Tunisia and Sudan, while there was new violence in Egypt and Yemen and across the Muslim world, driven by emotions ranging from piety to anger at Western power to frustrations with local leaders and poverty.

A Taliban attack on a base in Afghanistan that killed two Americans may also have been timed to coincide with protests.

How many times have Muslims portrayed Christians & Jews as apes & pigs? How many times have they taught hatred to their children against Christians & Jews. And how many times have Christians & Jews reacted to their religious denegration like Muslims do to theirs?

KHARTOUM/TUNIS (Reuters) - Fury about a film that insults the Prophet Mohammad tore across the Middle East after weekly prayers on Friday with protesters attacking U.S. embassies and burning American flags as the Pentagon rushed to bolster security at its missions.

At least seven people were killed as local police struggled to repel assaults after weekly Muslim prayers in Tunisia and Sudan, while there was new violence in Egypt and Yemen and across the Muslim world, driven by emotions ranging from piety to anger at Western power to frustrations with local leaders and poverty.

A Taliban attack on a base in Afghanistan that killed two Americans may also have been timed to coincide with protests.

How many times have Muslims portrayed Christians & Jews as apes & pigs? How many times have they taught hatred to their children against Christians & Jews. And how many times have Christians & Jews reacted to their religious denegration like Muslims do to theirs?

Hey MJ, yesterday I accused you of padding your posts to keep it going when people loose interest...today I noticed your new posts but less posts in the count provided by USMB.

Are you cheatintg by de4leting your old posts, "ol Snake in the grass? I guess you don't want to hit the thousand mark and look like the repetitious fool that you are.

I don't blame you.

Pbel. Have you any idea how embarrasing it is to have Zionists laughing at me for starting a thread dedicated to Palestinian contributions to peace, mankind & civilization? Last check was at 5790 replies & ZERO is the number of Palestinian contributions listed. Please Pbel, save me by listing a Palestinian contribution to peace, mankind & civilization on the thread. Bless you for helping me.

Hey MJ, yesterday I accused you of padding your posts to keep it going when people loose interest...today I noticed your new posts but less posts in the count provided by USMB.

Are you cheatintg by de4leting your old posts, "ol Snake in the grass? I guess you don't want to hit the thousand mark and look like the repetitious fool that you are.

I don't blame you.

Also Pbel I am just curious, why is it that many of my posts set all time records in number of participants & replies whereas yours are dead on arrival?

Pbel. Have you any idea how embarrasing it is to have Zionists laughing at me for starting a thread dedicated to Palestinian contributions to peace, mankind & civilization? Last check was at 5790 replies & ZERO is the number of Palestinian contributions listed. Please Pbel, save me by listing a Palestinian contribution to peace, mankind & civilization on the thread. Bless you for helping me.

I don't blame you.

I'm sure you mean some Muslims, right? I'm sure you know there is a difference between political Islam and the religious faith of individual Muslims. A day after the attack on our embassy in Libya, the streets there were filled with Muslims protesting against the film and the attack on our embassy. While the violence is widespread, it is being committed by relatively few people, and while most Muslims may share their anger about the film, just as Jews and Christians would be angered by such films about their religions or cultures, there is no reason to assume most Muslims support the attacks. Jews should be especially sensitive to the pain negative stereotypes can cause and the types of horror they can be used to justify.

Most days, this board no longer discusses politics or even ideologies. It has allowed a few posters to drag it into the gutter where it deals with nothing but racist stereotypes. It's enough. Most of us are better than that.

Pbel, are you okay little buddy. Time to chime in.

Also Pbel I am just curious, why is it that many of my posts set all time records in number of participants & replies whereas yours are dead on arrival?

I don't blame you.

It must be the Jooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooos' fault.

A Muslim soldier (one of the few in the U.S. Army) killing his fellow comrades in Fort Hood was the Jews' fault too.
So was the USS Cole.
And 9/11.
And the American Embassies in Africa.
And now this.
Yet Muslims are great American patriots, when they are not killing Americans.

I'm sure you mean some Muslims, right? I'm sure you know there is a difference between political Islam and the religious faith of individual Muslims. A day after the attack on our embassy in Libya, the streets there were filled with Muslims protesting against the film and the attack on our embassy. While the violence is widespread, it is being committed by relatively few people, and while most Muslims may share their anger about the film, just as Jews and Christians would be angered by such films about their religions or cultures, there is no reason to assume most Muslims support the attacks. Jews should be especially sensitive to the pain negative stereotypes can cause and the types of horror they can be used to justify.

Most days, this board no longer discusses politics or even ideologies. It has allowed a few posters to drag it into the gutter where it deals with nothing but racist stereotypes. It's enough. Most of us are better than that.

Although most Muslims didn't participate in these riots, as usual we don't hear Muslim leaders and imams condemning these attacks in the strongest terms.

A Muslim soldier (one of the few in the U.S. Army) killing his fellow comrades in Fort Hood was the Jews' fault too.
So was the USS Cole.
And 9/11.
And now this.

You forgot the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami:

Muslim Conspiracy Theories - WikiIslam

The earthquake that struck the Indian Ocean on December 26, triggering a series of huge waves called tsunami, "was possibly" caused by an Indian nuclear experiment in which "Israeli and American nuclear experts participated," an Egyptian weekly magazine reported Thursday.

Although most Muslims didn't participate in these riots, as usual we don't hear Muslim leaders and imams condemning these attacks in the strongest terms.

Nor do we see them stand up to the vicious minority who perpetrate these heinous crimes.

So was the USS Cole.
And 9/11.
And now this.

The earthquakes, and global warming. AND homosexuality. That was Ahmadidididi says, anyway

That is less true this time than it has been in the past. Nearly all the governments involved have condemned the attacks on our embassies, many have made arrests and nearly all have taken measures to prevent future attacks. A large number of Muslim religious leaders, including the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia have condemned the attacks.

There are three things going on here, the attacks on our embassies, which nearly all political and religious leaders have condemned, that protests against the film, which nearly all of us would defend as an exercise of free speech, and the protests holding the US responsible for the film, which makes no sense at all to those of us who have been living in a society in which free speech is not only held sacrosanct but is considered to be absolutely essential for us to continue to function as a democracy.

We need to try to understand that even the peaceful protesters who hold the US responsible for the film have no experience living in a society in which speech that is almost universally condemned as being offensive is protected because we believe to censor it would would endanger the very foundations of our democracy. So we live in a country where we can buy Hustler, watch The Innocence of Muslims and vote in elections in which nothing is off the table, but most of those protesters have never seen a democratically elected government in their nations leave office peacefully after losing an election, and that's why they don't understand why it's important to be able to buy Hustler and watch the Innocence of Muslims and allow the KKK and the Nazi party to hold parades.

Forum List

Back