And So It Begins

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050130/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_the_vote

Polls Open, Voters File in Across Iraq

1 minute ago

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Polls opened early Sunday in Iraq (news - web sites)'s first free elections in a half-century.

At polling stations across the country, voters began filtering into the polling stations, as poll workers checked their identifications. Iraqi President Ghazi al-Yawer was one of the first set to cast his vote at the convention center serving as election headquarters in the heavily fortified Green Zone.

This is why we are there.

This is why our service men and woman have been injured and died.

Liberty at it's birth for a country a long time opressed.

We should all rejoice this day.

Thornton said:
This is why we are there.

This is why our service men and woman have been injured and died.

Liberty at it's birth for a country a long time opressed.

We should all rejoice this day.

Very nice! :salute:

Voting is going better than expected. There has been 1, "ONE" casualty, as of the afternoon in all of Iraq, due to any bombing of a voting station.

The countrymen of Iraq have turned out in droves throughout the day with little regard for the threats from the insurgency.

Of course, that is nothing less than what I expected, and everything but what the left has anticipated. Proving once again, the opposition only promises empty doomsday scenarios, while remaining on the wrong side of history every time.

Remember these leftist pessimests when tomorrow comes, where they will again move the goalposts and attack the legitimacy of the election, and not the violence during this day which they themselves assured us of.

Comrade said:
Voting is going better than expected. There has been 1, "ONE" casualty, as of the afternoon in all of Iraq, due to any bombing of a voting station.

The countrymen of Iraq have turned out in droves throughout the day with little regard for the threats from the insurgency.

Of course, that is nothing less than what I expected, and everything but what the left has anticipated. Proving once again, the opposition only promises empty doomsday scenarios, while remaining on the wrong side of history every time.

Remember these leftist pessimests when tomorrow comes, where they will again move the goalposts and attack the legitimacy of the election, and not the violence during this day which they themselves assured us of.

I've got it. All these people voted out of fear of the Bush Regime.

I stayed up til about 1:30, watching FOX and CNN. The later kept waiting for the explosions which they were anticipating. There were some, but no significant attacks. FOX had Geraldo, someone that normally is not my cup of tea. He'd been on, well as far as I could tell, like all day.

He was so excited. He had some marines around him and he kept saying what a magnificent job they had done. What the brave Iraqis were doing. Over and over he kept at how they were 'all his heroes.' He exclaimed at how the vote in Iraq, was more precious because of the threats and people were taking it more seriously because of the threat. Women were voting in order to ensure the best future they could for their children. I don't think I'll feel badly about Geraldo again, at least until he starts defending Michael Jackson.

Forum List

Back