And Palin is suspending *her* campaign....why?

You would take a 5 year career student over a Harvard law grad, ok, there is no use debating with you. Several memeber of Congress have said its very easy to run teh state of Alaska. Alaska's oil-rich status and federal funding have effectively meant Palin has been able to govern without making the sort of thorny fiscal decisions that burden leaders of other states

Not to denegrate the esteemed members of congress there jschuck and I'm sure that running the State of Alaska is easier than running the State of say, Arizona you know we have all those cactus to keep up with, lol. However, a body who's ratings are what 17% on the approval side shouldn't be pointing fingers don't you think? btw I know for a fact Arizona has to be harder to run than Arizona , because everytime I go to gte my car emission checked the lines are long and they look busy to me. j/k

btw I know for a fact Arizona has to be harder to run than Arizona << make that Alaska, I'm blaming it on my coffee. and whatever else I can find that sounds reasonable. lol

btw I know for a fact Arizona has to be harder to run than Arizona << make that Alaska, I'm blaming it on my coffee. and whatever else I can find that sounds reasonable. lol

Yea, you had me scratching my head for a second Navy. Look, they are both inexperienced but in the business world you can do a hell of a lot more with a Harvard Law degree than a degree from Idaho or Iowa or wherever the hell she went for 5 years. I'm sorry but I have seen her on a few interviews now and she doesnt seem to intelligent. I wish she would prove me wrong.

Yea, you had me scratching my head for a second Navy. Look, they are both inexperienced but in the business world you can do a hell of a lot more with a Harvard Law degree than a degree from Idaho or Iowa or wherever the hell she went for 5 years. I'm sorry but I have seen her on a few interviews now and she doesnt seem to intelligent. I wish she would prove me wrong.

Well as I mentioned earlier, I think the degree thing really doesn't indicate a persons ability at all. We all know of some other Ivy league grads that have run this country and are not at the moment very popular. As for her interview, as I said earlier, she appeared unprepared to me , and it seems that someone who is runnning for the second slot knowing they are going into, and you will have to agree with me here a hostile envrionment, would be a little better prepared. By hostile, I mean it's fairly obvious, well at least to me that depending on what media outlet you choose, one or the other is cheering for one side or the other in this thing. So what does that say about her? I honestly cannot answer that , other than like I said earlier, to "shake my head" . I know this, if I were in a position and caught unprepared like that, I would walk off the stage and kick my handler in the ass I suppose. However, ultimately the buck stops with her.

Well as I mentioned earlier, I think the degree thing really doesn't indicate a persons ability at all. We all know of some other Ivy league grads that have run this country and are not at the moment very popular. As for her interview, as I said earlier, she appeared unprepared to me , and it seems that someone who is runnning for the second slot knowing they are going into, and you will have to agree with me here a hostile envrionment, would be a little better prepared. By hostile, I mean it's fairly obvious, well at least to me that depending on what media outlet you choose, one or the other is cheering for one side or the other in this thing. So what does that say about her? I honestly cannot answer that , other than like I said earlier, to "shake my head" . I know this, if I were in a position and caught unprepared like that, I would walk off the stage and kick my handler in the ass I suppose. However, ultimately the buck stops with her.

You do know there's a big difference between someone who got into Yale as a legacy after he was rejected by the University of Texas and someone who was Editor of the Harvard Law Review, right?

Perhaps a lot of people find the choice of Palin an insult... which might be what they're drawing your attention to. Was Palin unprepared? I doubt it. I'm fairly certain they've spent the weeks since the convention prepping her. Perhaps it's just that, like Bush, she isn't very intellectually curious and has no patience for it. Or perhaps she has certain innate smarts, but not a lot on the ball intellectually.

Either way, she shouldn't ever be VP, much less have a possiblity of being president.

But why would she be unprepared Navy, She was nominated weeks ago. Does this mean she will be unprepared for everything and wait until hard questions are asked before she researches them. I just think it exposes character a bit.

You do know there's a big difference between someone who got into Yale as a legacy after he was rejected by the University of Texas and someone who was Editor of the Harvard Law Review, right?

Perhaps a lot of people find the choice of Palin an insult... which might be what they're drawing your attention to. Was Palin unprepared? I doubt it. I'm fairly certain they've spent the weeks since the convention prepping her. Perhaps it's just that, like Bush, she isn't very intellectually curious and has no patience for it. Or perhaps she has certain innate smarts, but not a lot on the ball intellectually.

Either way, she shouldn't ever be VP, much less have a possiblity of being president.

As I said earlier, jillain I don't see where a person recieves an education as an indication as to how intelligent they are. Yes, I am aware of what the Havard Law Review is, and yes am aware of the Bush History as it applies to Yale and to Havard. ." Einstein graduated in 1900 from ETH with a degree in physics" , "Michael Dell Memorial High School", "Harry Truman William Chrisman High School", As I said a degree from an Ivy league school is not an automatic stamp that makes you intelligent. My opinion of her performance is simply that an opinion, she looked unprepared, now if that came across to you as somehow showing her as not having the inate ability to think of her feet, then I suppose one can see it that way.

But why would she be unprepared Navy, She was nominated weeks ago. Does this mean she will be unprepared for everything and wait until hard questions are asked before she researches them. I just think it exposes character a bit.

Now thats a GREAT question jschuck, thats the one I have been pondering. If she was simply not prepared for this meeting, then it shows that your not forsighted enough to take a look at the small details on this. I do think however she has had very little time as compared to some others that have run for the second slot to prepare for it. The only thing I would say about this at the moment is , her performace was a trainwreck in my opinion and did not help the ticket in the credibility department.

Now thats a GREAT question jschuck, thats the one I have been pondering. If she was simply not prepared for this meeting, then it shows that your not forsighted enough to take a look at the small details on this. I do think however she has had very little time as compared to some others that have run for the second slot to prepare for it. The only thing I would say about this at the moment is , her performace was a trainwreck in my opinion and did not help the ticket in the credibility department.

Well navy, I almost feel sorry for Palin because I feel she was exploited for votes. She has a good personality and you can tell she would probably be a fun person to "have a beer with" but if they are going to let her say "reform, reform, reform" then they are letting her dig her own grave because she doesnt really know about the reform of her own candidate and it just looks like they made the pick for the wrong reasons. If I were a Republican I would take it personal as I would feel that Mccain must believe people are that ignorant that they would not find out in the long run that she really doesnt know that much about what she preaches.

Well navy, I almost feel sorry for Palin because I feel she was exploited for votes. She has a good personality and you can tell she would probably be a fun person to "have a beer with" but if they are going to let her say "reform, reform, reform" then they are letting her dig her own grave because she doesnt really know about the reform of her own candidate and it just looks like they made the pick for the wrong reasons. If I were a Republican I would take it personal as I would feel that Mccain must believe people are that ignorant that they would not find out in the long run that she really doesnt know that much about what she preaches.

Interesting little side note about this, I sent a little e-mail the the RNC not that anyone up there pays any attetion to the little folks, that they should choose J.C. Watts. I honestly felt he would have made a great choice as a VP or for that matter Mitt Romney, expecially on economics. I can see however, why the choice was made and to be frank I can't say as a reppublican that it was a bad choice because it wasn't. It was a brilliant tactical move on their part, for one reason and one reason only and that was to solidify the base of our party. Which it did in a big way, I don't think any of the people I liked would have done that to be quite honest. I understand that her social views would upset democrats as they run contrary to pretty much ALL of them. I am however, willing to give her the benefit of the doubt because, other than what I have read so far and the interview I don't have much to go on. I really want to see how she handles heself in the debate.

Forum List

Back