And Now For Some Good News

I say there is conflicting data
more contrived and coerced....
~S~

The Middle Ages Warming period is contrived? How?

Other planets in our solar system also warming up is coerced? HGow is that again?

The sun drops like a billion times more energy on this planet than anything we do, so looking for causes of warming in changes with the sun is just too simple or what?

The Earth has been much warmer and much colder than it is now and mankind has lived through it.

What so different now? Why will mankind disappear in ten years if we dont voluntarily return to paleolithic times?

Medievel warming period was a local event, not global.

~S~

Other planets in our solar system also warming up is coerced? HGow is that again?

The sun drops like a billion times more energy on this planet than anything we do, so looking for causes of warming in changes with the sun is just too simple or what?

The Earth has been much warmer and much colder than it is now and mankind has lived through it.

What so different now? Why will mankind disappear in ten years if we dont voluntarily return to paleolithic times?

Wow, I'll let the scientists to know about the sun as I am sure no one has ever thought of that.

Did you read and comprehend what I posted?

I said I understand that other states don't have that natural resource like my state has.

You obviously live in a place that can't develop that natural resource.

You can encourage our government and private business to start developing other alternatives to fossil fuels.

I bet the sun shines where you live. And I bet the wind blows too. Even if there's clouds in the sky the sun is out and that energy can be developed.

I know we all have brains and can work to find solutions. Just as I see some republicans finally doing.

You won't have those wetlands if climate change reduces the source of that water.

I'm trying to get humans to not destroy that source of water that creates the areas in your state.
We already use an alternative to fossil fuels and every winter the EPA raises holy hell because of the particulates generated by heating with wood.
You can be the sun shines, some of the time, but when it only shines for a few hours, rising just barely above the horizon, and in many places, it doesn't rise at all for months, solar is only a viable option in the summer.
Wind generation has been tried but found inadequate to provide sufficient power for the largest city in this state. In other places, you would have to clear cut a lot of trees to make space for wind generators and the wind is not that reliable, anyhow.
And don't you worry. If climate change (LOL) advances, we will have loads of arable land where wetlands once laid. Let the farming begin!

So, what personal steps are you taking to change your power usage? How do you stay warm? How do you move water to your home, and how do you dispose of the waste you generate?

You said 'in many places, it doesn't rise at all for months". Were you talking about world wide, or were you talking about just the USA? In either case, you are sorely wrong, because granted, there are places where the sun doesn't rise for a couple of months, those places are above the Arctic Circle. The only state in the US that is affected by long nights are those in Alaska, and there ain't that many people in that state.

As far as the people in the lower 48? Those in the northern states will receive at least 9 hours, and the people in the southern states will receive 10 hours of sunlight on the Winter Solstice, the shortest day of the year. So, even on that one you are wrong.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...he-year/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f0b7558cce50
Solar is far ahead of wind, wind is a fucking joke it’s return is diminishing the best.
But there is not enough real estate for solar to supply adequate energy...
As with all alternative energy and always has to be rude backed up by something reliable, affordable and viable.... it’s called fossil fuels.
And in places like here in the northern plains without fossil fuels nothing would exist. The average temperature was a little over 11° for the month of February here in western South Dakota… No global warming going on here.
You're mistaking weather for global warming.
Same difference...
This dictates the climate more than anything else...
newcluetosol.png
So what changed?

I was very encouraged to see this article this morning.

Those of us who actually want to do something about climate change knows that it has to be a bipartisan debate and solution. Maybe I'm old school but I still believe when all participate, the best ideas rise to the top and are able to be implemented. Compromise and putting what's best for our nation should allow us to at least agree on some things and work on those things we agree on.

Republicans who believe in climate change seek antidote to Green New Deal

If we don't do something about this soon, most major rivers in all of America will look like the Nisqualy River does now.

If you like to eat food, I'm sure you can agree that we can't keep allowing our rivers, that provide the water that grows that food, to be reduced to what has happened to rivers and lakes all over our nation.
View attachment 249593

Thanks for the lovely picture of the Nisqually River, Dana73760. I looked it up and found this blurb about it:
The river rises in southern Mount Rainier National Park, fed by the Nisqually Glacier on the southern side of Mt. Rainier. It flows west through Ashford and Elbe along Route 706. It is then impounded for hydroelectricity by the Alder Dam, completed in 1944, and the LaGrande Dam, completed in 1912 and rebuilt in 1945. They hold back Alder Reservoir and the inaccessible two-mile long LaGrande Reservoir. Before the construction of the dams, a natural fish barrier prevented anadromous fish from ascending the Nisqually above what is now La Grande Reservoir.
Below Elbe, the river flows northwest through the foothills, passes near McKenna, Washington, and through Fort Lewis and the Nisqually Indian Reservation. The river crosses beneath Interstate 5 and into the Nisqually River Delta, which is the location of the Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge. The delta as a whole, including federal, state, and private land, was designated in 1971 as a National Natural Landmark. The Nisqually enters the Nisqually Reach portion of Puget Sound approximately 15 miles (24 km) east of Olympia.​
I've been in the vicinity but it was some years ago and was duly enchanted by it.

I'm not sure the scientists who claim that global warming is not as affected by man's pollution as preached by its advocates, but I do know I hate pollution and believe that pollution is a big problem for life in the deep blue sea due to sick whales beaching themselves from time to time in unspoken protest about the bazillion chunks of human garbage now floating on the seven seas and human illnesses caused when sanitation systems for densely-populated areas of the world fail.

I also think our population in this country should not increase much more due to the lack of space for more landfills in urban area being a primary issue of the day. More deleterious chemicals are released in some volcanoes than all 7 billion people on earth produce in a decade, from what I've read. I'm sure all of it altogether is not good, but stabilizing the human population before it wipes out all other species on this planet might be a reasonable idea if done properly. And that's where all arguments take on an incendiary dialogue, based on the corporate feelings of all who take climate change as man's doing v. all who think climate change is 99.9% earth's doing.

If we just removed the plastics and perpetual floaties on the seven seas from now and into eternity, broke them into elements and returned them into near-coastal areas that needed boosting up as prevention from tsunamis killing everyone about, that could serve mankind well. Or would it? IMHO, we don't need more human footprints in the sand, but we need enough to be the good stewards we were fashioned to be by an unseen and oft unacknowledged creator's hands.

I've watched it evolve for decades

~S~
Yeah time...doesn't happen overnite…..meanwhile lets not use all the nat gas we have sitting around nooooooo….that's evil

Gas is better than coal.
Fuck you. I'll burn coal every day all day just because people like you don't like it. I'll burn whatever the fuck I want, and keep my temperature at what I want, and use as much gasoline and electricity as I want, and burn as much wood as I want.

~S~

And when the earth was just a great big ball of fire during its creation, was that manmade 'global warming,' doll? :rolleyes:

~S~

And when the earth was just a great big ball of fire during its creation, was that manmade 'global warming,' doll? :rolleyes:

Regressives are terrified of the natural world. In reality, by demanding we all stop using energy, they are trying to change the nature of the earth and prevent it from the changes that are perfectly natural.

Not only are they stupid..we can't prevent climate change...they're cowardly.

~S~

Regressives are terrified of the natural world. In reality, by demanding we all stop using energy, they are trying to change the nature of the earth and prevent it from the changes that are perfectly natural.

Not only are they stupid..we can't prevent climate change...they're cowardly.
Yeah, they know not what they do. We can only hope with heart, mind, and voice that they start paying attention to the RW.
upload_2019-3-13_13-45-46.png

Windmill farms seem to be doing pretty good up here in the Texas Panhandle.

Same thing for eastern New Mexico, and the eastern plains of Colorado.
I've visited Clearwater and driven through Texas where all those windfarms are. What a lovely landscape, guess a lot of modern painters are going to work on that view. And some of the solar farms in the Cali desert have turned out to be great barbeques for endangered species.
Because no animals are ever killed by pollution from coal & oil.
Probably, but no one I know has made some big, holier-than-thou, zealous screeds about how coal & oil are to be the saviors of world. Bottom line is, wind and solar might be "cleaner" but they certainly have significant drawbacks.

I was very encouraged to see this article this morning.

Those of us who actually want to do something about climate change knows that it has to be a bipartisan debate and solution. Maybe I'm old school but I still believe when all participate, the best ideas rise to the top and are able to be implemented. Compromise and putting what's best for our nation should allow us to at least agree on some things and work on those things we agree on.

Republicans who believe in climate change seek antidote to Green New Deal

If we don't do something about this soon, most major rivers in all of America will look like the Nisqualy River does now.

If you like to eat food, I'm sure you can agree that we can't keep allowing our rivers, that provide the water that grows that food, to be reduced to what has happened to rivers and lakes all over our nation.
View attachment 249593

Thanks for the lovely picture of the Nisqually River, Dana73760. I looked it up and found this blurb about it:
The river rises in southern Mount Rainier National Park, fed by the Nisqually Glacier on the southern side of Mt. Rainier. It flows west through Ashford and Elbe along Route 706. It is then impounded for hydroelectricity by the Alder Dam, completed in 1944, and the LaGrande Dam, completed in 1912 and rebuilt in 1945. They hold back Alder Reservoir and the inaccessible two-mile long LaGrande Reservoir. Before the construction of the dams, a natural fish barrier prevented anadromous fish from ascending the Nisqually above what is now La Grande Reservoir.
Below Elbe, the river flows northwest through the foothills, passes near McKenna, Washington, and through Fort Lewis and the Nisqually Indian Reservation. The river crosses beneath Interstate 5 and into the Nisqually River Delta, which is the location of the Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge. The delta as a whole, including federal, state, and private land, was designated in 1971 as a National Natural Landmark. The Nisqually enters the Nisqually Reach portion of Puget Sound approximately 15 miles (24 km) east of Olympia.​
I've been in the vicinity but it was some years ago and was duly enchanted by it.

I'm not sure the scientists who claim that global warming is not as affected by man's pollution as preached by its advocates, but I do know I hate pollution and believe that pollution is a big problem for life in the deep blue sea due to sick whales beaching themselves from time to time in unspoken protest about the bazillion chunks of human garbage now floating on the seven seas and human illnesses caused when sanitation systems for densely-populated areas of the world fail.

I also think our population in this country should not increase much more due to the lack of space for more landfills in urban area being a primary issue of the day. More deleterious chemicals are released in some volcanoes than all 7 billion people on earth produce in a decade, from what I've read. I'm sure all of it altogether is not good, but stabilizing the human population before it wipes out all other species on this planet might be a reasonable idea if done properly. And that's where all arguments take on an incendiary dialogue, based on the corporate feelings of all who take climate change as man's doing v. all who think climate change is 99.9% earth's doing.

If we just removed the plastics and perpetual floaties on the seven seas from now and into eternity, broke them into elements and returned them into near-coastal areas that needed boosting up as prevention from tsunamis killing everyone about, that could serve mankind well. Or would it? IMHO, we don't need more human footprints in the sand, but we need enough to be the good stewards we were fashioned to be by an unseen and oft unacknowledged creator's hands.
And maybe humans need to quit breeding like cockroaches. When you review the population statistics, it would appear that most civilized, Western populations have significantly curtailed their offspring. While Western cultures have, as a whole, limited their population growth, other more primitive cultures continue to breed unchecked.

I've watched it evolve for decades

~S~
Yeah time...doesn't happen overnite…..meanwhile lets not use all the nat gas we have sitting around nooooooo….that's evil

Gas is better than coal.
Fuck you. I'll burn coal every day all day just because people like you don't like it. I'll burn whatever the fuck I want, and keep my temperature at what I want, and use as much gasoline and electricity as I want, and burn as much wood as I want.
Ditto. I'll burn whatever it takes to keep me and mine warm.

Forum List

Back