And now a word on big government...

Raynestorm

Steeltowngirl
Oct 15, 2009
WY
"A government big enough to give you everything is big enough to take everything away"

- Thomas Jefferson.

Any questions?

"A government big enough to give you everything is big enough to take everything away"

- Thomas Jefferson.

Any questions?

I have a question...

Thomas Jefferson never said that, it was Gerald Ford

Are you disappointed?

- Thomas Jefferson.

Any questions?

I have a question...

Are you disappointed?

Actually, it was TJ. Ford was quoting him.

Not quite..

If you look at the context of the quote, it is quite uncharacteristic of Jefferson. Why would he talk about government giving you what you need? That was not a function of Government in the 18th century. Our flegling government was having enough trouble just being solvent. Social programs were a hundred years away.

It was Gerald Ford

You have a problem with honoring Gerald Ford?

I have a question...

Are you disappointed?

Not quite..

If you look at the context of the quote, it is quite uncharacteristic of Jefferson. Why would he talk about government giving you what you need? That was not a function of Government in the 18th century. Our flegling government was having enough trouble just being solvent. Social programs were a hundred years away.

It was Gerald Ford

Mark Levin said it was Thomas Jefferson.

When you get your own Talk radio and make it productive(Like after the day Left talk begin to attract an audience) then you can contest Levins Irrefutable statements and Facts.

But until then, Thomas Jefferson said it. You Left wing liberal lunatic!! Now Get off the internet, you pin head!!:evil:

Not quite..

It was Gerald Ford

Mark Levin said it was Thomas Jefferson.

When you get your own Talk radio and make it productive(Like after the day Left talk begin to attract an audience) then you can contest Levins Irrefutable statements and Facts.

But until then, Thomas Jefferson said it. You Left wing liberal lunatic!! Now Get off the internet, you pin head!!:evil:

I was not serious Right winger!! Can you take a joke!!

I have a question...

Are you disappointed?

Not quite..

It was Gerald Ford

All social programs are fascism.

I have a question...

Are you disappointed?

Not quite..

It was Gerald Ford

Why wouldn't he talk about that when the man thought about the evils of government constantly? Surely it would have entered his mind about what the effects of a government that gives us everything will have.

In my opinion a government that becomes responsible for our "daily bread" will make it more powerful as people become dependent on it. Think of your employer. You do not hope that his business goes under or suffers or your own job will suffer with it. The same thing will happen to the government. People will not question their government when it goes bad for fear of losing their "daily bread".

Not quite..

It was Gerald Ford

Why wouldn't he talk about that when the man thought about the evils of government constantly? Surely it would have entered his mind about what the effects of a government that gives us everything will have.

In my opinion a government that becomes responsible for our "daily bread" will make it more powerful as people become dependent on it. Think of your employer. You do not hope that his business goes under or suffers or your own job will suffer with it. The same thing will happen to the government. People will not question their government when it goes bad for fear of losing their "daily bread".

18th century America was an agrarian nation. People lived off the land, hunted, fished. There was no middle class. People did not have incomes as we know today. The government of that era had no capability to 'give" anything.

Gerald Ford is a different story

Not quite..

It was Gerald Ford

18th century America was an agrarian nation. People lived off the land, hunted, fished. There was no middle class. People did not have incomes as we know today. The government of that era had no capability to 'give" anything.

Gerald Ford is a different story

I think most people were pretty self-sustaining because we didn't have mass starvation and we had the highest living standard in the world when compared to other countries so your imagined scenario of people living in "cavemen times" is really a fantasy concocted by your communist manifesto.

And, assuming you were correct, then the next time that one of you guys tell us that the general welfare clause means taking care of people then we can tell you that there was an agrarian nation where people lived off the land so the general welfare couldn't mean "taking care of people".

Forum List

Back