And now a word from the "Coffee Party".....

I used blue for all the bs and lies that are in that letter.

Whoever wrote that was pretending to be a conservative.

He's actually taking the position of a SANE Republican. You know, those folks who at one time were, in fact, "compassionate" conservatives, while maintaining their fiscal conservative ideologies.

You do know that you are calling republicans, from the Bush admin, sane and compassionate.

:eusa_whistle:

Another one of those "Republicans love only the rich" yawn.....

You mean to tell us you’re so used to the GOP working for the rich against the poor and middle class that it doesn't even faze you any more?

That is a sad statement indeed Willow...

I'm convinced that people on message boards who post agreement with the extremist right wing ideologies of today never had to worry about where their next rent or mortgage payment was going to come from; never were forced to apply for food stamps to feed their families; never had an astronomical medical bill that they lost sleep over how to pay for it; and of course, never been unemployed for REAL lack of work for long periods of time to the point it affects them financially, physically, and mentally. Not yet, anyway.

I'm fiscally conservative and I've been through all and are going through some of what I underlined.

Not every poor person is a whiney bitch that demands hand outs for votes.

We need to return to the same spending level that we had in 2002 because that is the level of revenue that we currently take in. It's not rocket science. We collect $2.4 Trillion we spend $3.6 Trillion. That will not work. We need to balance the budget and start paying down the national debt. If we don't we will go the route of every other Republic in history and fall.

Nah, we just need to make $4 trillion.

And you don't do that by creating a hostile business environment and demonizing those that create jobs.

You hope he fails, right??? Then why don't you just go live somewhere else?? We don't want you. If you want the president to fail, you don't deserve to be an American.
God damned right Obama is failing...and rightfully so. But hey? You are profiting right? How's it feel to back the LOSER that is Obama?

That's not the question of the day. The real question of the day is how does it feel to really want the president of your country to fail?? That would make a person pretty low, in my estimation. Because they must know it means their country will fail and they don't care. That is low.

Oh the drama,
we saw ALL during the Bush years how a lot of people wanted BUSH to win. Starting with the anti-war protesters..NOW THAT WAS LOW
And the COUNTRY survived..go figure

Last edited:
We need to return to the same spending level that we had in 2002 because that is the level of revenue that we currently take in. It's not rocket science. We collect $2.4 Trillion we spend $3.6 Trillion. That will not work. We need to balance the budget and start paying down the national debt. If we don't we will go the route of every other Republic in history and fall.

And you don't do that by creating a hostile business environment and demonizing those that create jobs.

There it is again, that buzzword 'job creators'.

I thought everyone, espespecially capitalists, knew that demand creates jobs.

You hope he fails, right??? Then why don't you just go live somewhere else?? We don't want you. If you want the president to fail, you don't deserve to be an American.

No_dissent.jpg

I have never in my entire adult life ever wished that any president of my country would fail.
The fact that you would even print a poster like that tells me you don't understand the stakes at all. And if you DO understand, you just don't care. Justify it all you want, Dave. But it doesn't play.
You don't get it. Gasp. :cool:

You, like many leftists, think Obama IS the nation.

But he's not. America is bigger than any President. We've survived some pretty bad ones, and we'll survive the current bad one.

Of course he will. And he will cite the 14th Amendment as justification.
Well, he is a Constitutional scholar, after all.

That's right. Just pisses you tea bagging conservatives off, doesn't it???
I could get behind him a little more if he actually showed some understanding of the Constitution.

Apparently, you can be a scholar in a subject and be utterly clueless about it.

And yet someone has to take advantage of the opportunity represented by that demand. If a million people stand up and say, "I want a three-handled family credenza!", nothing's going to happen until someone invests some capital, builds a three-handled family credenza factory, hires people, and starts making three-handled family credenzas to sell to those million people.

The problem is when government places heavy regulatory burdens on the making of three-handled family credenzas, making three-handled family credenzas too expensive to build for a price that those million people are willing to pay; and saying to the public that three-handled family credenza makers are what's wrong with the country, with all their three-handled family credenza private jets.

Get it now?

And yet someone has to take advantage of the opportunity represented by that demand. If a million people stand up and say, "I want a three-handled family credenza!", nothing's going to happen until someone invests some capital, builds a three-handled family credenza factory, hires people, and starts making three-handled family credenzas to sell to those million people.

The problem is when government places heavy regulatory burdens on the making of three-handled family credenzas, making three-handled family credenzas too expensive to build for a price that those million people are willing to pay; and saying to the public that three-handled family credenza makers are what's wrong with the country, with all their three-handled family credenza private jets.

Get it now?

Yep, demand creates corporations in addition to creating jobs, got it.

I used blue for all the bs and lies that are in that letter.

Whoever wrote that was pretending to be a conservative.

He's actually taking the position of a SANE Republican. You know, those folks who at one time were, in fact, "compassionate" conservatives, while maintaining their fiscal conservative ideologies.

You do know that you are calling republicans, from the Bush admin, sane and compassionate.

How so? Many Republicans thought invasions with no exit plans and no formal appropriations were stupid and costly strategies; many Republicans were shocked at the way the full Republican majority literally dictated every Bush policy with little debate. Most Republicans KNOW that Constitutionally there are checks and balances guaranteed by the establishment of three branches of government, not just one that can use threats of veto power if it doesn't get its way in spite of strong congressional opposition. Most Republicans think exactly the same way I do--a balance of power and compromise is the ONLY way for good government to exist.

You mean to tell us you’re so used to the GOP working for the rich against the poor and middle class that it doesn't even faze you any more?

That is a sad statement indeed Willow...

I'm convinced that people on message boards who post agreement with the extremist right wing ideologies of today never had to worry about where their next rent or mortgage payment was going to come from; never were forced to apply for food stamps to feed their families; never had an astronomical medical bill that they lost sleep over how to pay for it; and of course, never been unemployed for REAL lack of work for long periods of time to the point it affects them financially, physically, and mentally. Not yet, anyway.

I'm fiscally conservative and I've been through all and are going through some of what I underlined.

I'm not sure you're agreeing with me or not, but I'd clarify that to say that most poor people aren't whiney bitches that demand handouts for votes. But they also aren't too keen on some dump-it-all conservatives getting elected who would leave them out in the cold in a heartbeat.

Well, he is a Constitutional scholar, after all.

I could get behind him a little more if he actually showed some understanding of the Constitution.

Your words are always meaningless because you never show examples. How has the Constitution been violated?

I'm not sure you're agreeing with me or not, but I'd clarify that to say that most poor people aren't whiney bitches that demand handouts for votes. But they also aren't too keen on some dump-it-all conservatives getting elected who would leave them out in the cold in a heartbeat.

Name one that would do that.

Name one single pol that wants to cut off all support and put people out into the cold.

and no, I was not agreeing with you

Get it now?

This is something "new" that has occurred just since Obama was elected? When YOU start understanding that HE didn't generate the corporate mindset that "stuff" can be produced much cheaper overseas and income taxes avoided as well, then you'll finally "get it."

How so? Many Republicans thought invasions with no exit plans and no formal appropriations were stupid and costly strategies; Non-sense. Most peopl know that war should be left to the warriors. The bs of an exit strategy came from morons like Kerry many Republicans were shocked at the way the full Republican majority literally dictated every Bush policy with little debate. Link. seriously, that's comical. Most Republicans KNOW that Constitutionally there are checks and balances guaranteed by the establishment of three branches of government, not just one that can use threats of veto power if it doesn't get its way in spite of strong congressional opposition. Most Republicans think exactly the same way I do--a balance of power and compromise is the ONLY way for good government to exist.

Compirmise is what's gotten us here.

Your words are always meaningless because you never show examples. How has the Constitution been violated?

The Patriot Act.

Name one single pol that wants to cut off all support and put people out into the cold.

The tea party faction elected last year are standing in the way of real reform. All you have to do is read the right-wing publications, these message boards and the blogs they often refer to in order to see that way too many actually believe that abolishing all "welfare" would lead to greater sustainability. The argument being that ONLY individuals should be responsible for their own situations, and disregarding circumstances that may have been no fault of their own--like losing a job because some private sector business couldn't keep its head above water, even with massive tax breaks and deregulation.

How so? Many Republicans thought invasions with no exit plans and no formal appropriations were stupid and costly strategies; Non-sense. Most peopl know that war should be left to the warriors. The bs of an exit strategy came from morons like Kerry many Republicans were shocked at the way the full Republican majority literally dictated every Bush policy with little debate. Link. seriously, that's comical. Most Republicans KNOW that Constitutionally there are checks and balances guaranteed by the establishment of three branches of government, not just one that can use threats of veto power if it doesn't get its way in spite of strong congressional opposition. Most Republicans think exactly the same way I do--a balance of power and compromise is the ONLY way for good government to exist.

Compirmise is what's gotten us here.

Seriously? And here I thought you were one of the few who actually understood EXACTLY what happened to this economy. Wrong again. Can you say capitalism gone wild resulting in greed?

The tea party faction elected last year are standing in the way of real reform. All you have to do is read the right-wing publications, these message boards and the blogs they often refer to in order to see that way too many actually believe that abolishing all "welfare" would lead to greater sustainability. The argument being that ONLY individuals should be responsible for their own situations, and disregarding circumstances that may have been no fault of their own--like losing a job because some private sector business couldn't keep its head above water, even with massive tax breaks and deregulation.

Who?

Who specifically says these things. I've been here for a while and have yet to hear anyone say close down welfare or any other support 100%.

Forum List

Back