And now a word from the "Coffee Party".....

So what??? You don't have to be a chicken to recognize an egg, Dave.

Sure. You just keep believing Obama -- who has exactly zero business experience -- tell you the business climate is just peachy, and ignore the business owners -- who have business experience -- who have legitimate complaints.

Obama says it, you believe it, that settles it. You're as closed-minded as any fundamentalist.

Gee, all those investment bankers who nearly took down the global economy had "business experience" coming out their collective asses. Your point is dumb.

I disagree..... somewhat. While some competition remains in the banking industry, it's more of a bureaucracy than a business any more - hence the need for regulation.

Another one of those "Republicans love only the rich" yawn.....

You mean to tell us you’re so used to the GOP working for the rich against the poor and middle class that it doesn't even faze you any more?

That is a sad statement indeed Willow...

I'm convinced that people on message boards who post agreement with the extremist right wing ideologies of today never had to worry about where their next rent or mortgage payment was going to come from; never were forced to apply for food stamps to feed their families; never had an astronomical medical bill that they lost sleep over how to pay for it; and of course, never been unemployed for REAL lack of work for long periods of time to the point it affects them financially, physically, and mentally. Not yet, anyway.

Yes ma'am, Republicans have come up with a secret strategy to pay their bills. It's called work. And people who work tend to think they deserve the proceeds of their work. Then again those who don't work think they deserve the proceeds of the people who work too so maybe in the end they are the same...

Sure. You just keep believing Obama -- who has exactly zero business experience -- tell you the business climate is just peachy, and ignore the business owners -- who have business experience -- who have legitimate complaints.

Obama says it, you believe it, that settles it. You're as closed-minded as any fundamentalist.

Gee, all those investment bankers who nearly took down the global economy had "business experience" coming out their collective asses. Your point is dumb.

I disagree..... somewhat. While some competition remains in the banking industry, it's more of a bureaucracy than a business any more - hence the need for regulation.

They made the same decision to overreach that the average person often does: Not enough capital/assets behind the paper to cover losses. How can smart business people not know they can't do that forever?

You mean to tell us you’re so used to the GOP working for the rich against the poor and middle class that it doesn't even faze you any more?

I'm convinced that people on message boards who post agreement with the extremist right wing ideologies of today never had to worry about where their next rent or mortgage payment was going to come from; never were forced to apply for food stamps to feed their families; never had an astronomical medical bill that they lost sleep over how to pay for it; and of course, never been unemployed for REAL lack of work for long periods of time to the point it affects them financially, physically, and mentally. Not yet, anyway.

Yes ma'am, Republicans have come up with a secret strategy to pay their bills. It's called work. And people who work tend to think they deserve the proceeds of their work. Then again those who don't work think they deserve the proceeds of the people who work too so maybe in the end they are the same...

Brilliant. So for every good paying job availability announced, what do the 99 other people do who applied when only one got the job? Even lowly service jobs are now being taken by educated and experienced adults, not teenagers or inexperienced people. People who already have a job are staying put.

Are you NUTS?

You're a perfect example of political hacks who define America's message these days. What the fuck makes you think only Republicans are eager to work?

That is because they are fools. You live in America and take advantage of all it has to offer, you pay the frieght for it. Stop being a welch.

That is because they are fools. You live in America and take advantage of all it has to offer, you pay the frieght for it. Stop being a welch.

So the only solution you can think of to help people is government? Seriously? How's that working out for you? Read a newspaper lately?

They made the same decision to overreach that the average person often does: Not enough capital/assets behind the paper to cover losses. How can smart business people not know they can't do that forever?

It's easy when the 'winners' are competitive and rewarded for short term thinking ahead of long term goals.

As expected, given how we are being led, the blinders go on when the profits go up.

Desperate consolidation of resources is an effective tool of evolution that has just about run its course of effectiveness. :beer: To the up and coming 'middle class era'!

So GE is the only one? Don't think so...
No, but the "tax the rich!!" leftists always seem to overlook GE, since they're BFFs with the Boi King.

It was hard to "overlook" it because it made all the headlines. I don't condone GE doing it any more than I condone the big oil companies manipulating their profits in order to avoid taxes.

I wish you'd stop just assuming you already know my opinions on everything, which is your biggest problem and why it's impossible to have a sane conversation with you.
I've seen what you use instead of sanity. I want no part of it.

Really? Which party is trying to end the loopholes that allowed GE's tax liability to be so low?

Which one is not?

And yet you want to blame the Republicans, while giving Obama a free pass for accepting all their eeeevil KKKorporate money.

Oh please...big corporations will ALWAYS donate more to the party in power. Why on earth would they donate to losers? THINK!!

But since you seem to think GE only sucks up to Obama, this will prove you wrong in any event:

General Electric: All Recipients | OpenSecrets
Where did I say GE only sucks up to Obama? :confused:

So what??? You don't have to be a chicken to recognize an egg, Dave.

You point to a very tiny minority of businessmen and paint the whole with them?

You don't actually know any business owners, do you?

What the fuck makes you think only Republicans are eager to work?

Look who Republicans and Democrats are soliciting votes from and their message to them and the answer will become apparent...

Perhaps inside that tiny box you remain encased in. Sorry to burst your bubble, but:

All the polls: PROPOSED POLICIES OF PARTIES:
Congress

All the polls: BUDGET, TAXES, ECONOMY:
Budget/Taxes

So the only solution you can think of to help people is government? Seriously? How's that working out for you? Read a newspaper lately?

Who says that? No one. People like you think that making stupid blanket statements like that actually make your case. :cuckoo:

No, but the "tax the rich!!" leftists always seem to overlook GE, since they're BFFs with the Boi King.

It was hard to "overlook" it because it made all the headlines. I don't condone GE doing it any more than I condone the big oil companies manipulating their profits in order to avoid taxes.

I wish you'd stop just assuming you already know my opinions on everything, which is your biggest problem and why it's impossible to have a sane conversation with you.
I've seen what you use instead of sanity. I want no part of it.

Bye then. I'll wave as you ride off into the sunset with your clone.

And yet you want to blame the Republicans, while giving Obama a free pass for accepting all their eeeevil KKKorporate money.

Oh please...big corporations will ALWAYS donate more to the party in power. Why on earth would they donate to losers? THINK!!

But since you seem to think GE only sucks up to Obama, this will prove you wrong in any event:

General Electric: All Recipients | OpenSecrets
Where did I say GE only sucks up to Obama? :confused:

Oh shit, remind me to quote you verbatim next time. :lol:

You point to a very tiny minority of businessmen and paint the whole with them?

You don't actually know any business owners, do you?

You wouldn't believe me if I told you. After all, you have a crystal ball and know all.

The five major investment banks, plus AIG, which over-leveraged in the housing securities market and nearly brought down the entire global economy were a "tiny majority"???
Doh2.gif
Who knew?

Forum List

Back