And Nero fiddles...Still.

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h1><a href=http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/01/26/1450204>Dubbyuh and his Merry Band: Head in the sand...? Or, up their asses...?</a></h1></center>

<blockquote>In its report, World Economic Situation and Prospects 2005, the world body said on Tuesday that the twin budget and trade deficits of the United States were throwing the global economy off balance.
It echoed warnings already issued by the International Monetary Fund and other financial institutions in saying that the United States cannot continue to maintain such huge debts. - <a href=http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/01/26/business/trade.html>The International Herald Tribune</a></blockquote>

Despite growing alarm in the world-wide economic community, the Bush administration has failed to even begin to address the issues of trade and budget deficits. The warning signs are all around us...A dollar in free-fall...European central banks shifting more of their assets out of US currency and bond markets...Murmurs, increasingly loud, from asian markets that it is becoming increasing difficult to maintain the dollar as their reserve currency...China and Japan muttering darkly about selling their dollars while they still can.

All of these things add up to a financial disaster in the offing, but our American Nero fiddles on. His ideologically driven agenda supercedes any other concerns, which may be of more pressing importance...He can't even take the time to honor the memory of 31 troops killed in a helo crash in Iraq during his press conference to tout the "great progress" in Iraq.

So, how can he be bothered with the possibility that world financial markets may stop buying US debt? He has more important things to do, like make the world safe for democracy. But that sounds like a cliche more fitting to a bad movie than from the POTUS. With the spending of some $2 billion a day to finance the debt his administration has run up, what's going to happen when the world stops buying that debt? And, that time is coming, perhaps sooner than anyone thinks. With outrage growing daily over the Bush administration's hubris and growing isolation, Europe is growing closer collective economic action against the US, and when that day comes, it's not going to be pretty on our shores. We will look back fondly on the Great Depression. But what will he do? Deny everything...Blame it on someone else...That's a pattern more fitting to an alcoholic than to a head of state. But wait, Dubbyuh is an alcoholic. He <i><b>may</b></i> be off the sauce, but he has never sought treatment fot the underlying causes of his ETOH and substance abuse. He is a dry-drunk, which entails all of the behavior patterns of a drunk.

If they want to escape being pilloried when it all comes crashing down around their ears, Dubbyuh's handlers need to get him medicated and reign in the reckless, feckless policies he has outlined and is pursuing. Ahhh shit...! They're the ones who formulated those policies to begin with, and they'll never admit that they're wrong. We're well and truly screwed, and I truly hope that I'm wrong.

Sir Evil said:
What's up with this Bully, get cornered in one thread and just start another?

No, not at all. Folks here seem impervious to reason. So, I just throw another rock at the hornet's nest, rile 'em up and maybe kick start their reaoning ablities. But I know it's really just pissing in the wind.

Bullypulpit said:
No, not at all. Folks here seem impervious to reason. So, I just throw another rock at the hornet's nest, rile 'em up and maybe kick start their reaoning ablities. But I know it's really just pissing in the wind.
You never stay around long enough to reason---How in the hell would YOU know? :asshole:

Bullypulpit said:
Not impervious to reason...just impervious to YOU.

dilloduck said:
You never stay around long enough to reason---How in the hell would YOU know? :asshole:

Don't worry about it, he's too busy fiddling to hear you...

As he and his cohorts attempt to scare the US into foolish policies they actually practice what they accuse the current Administration of. It's a complete propaganda circle. Accuse your enemies of one thing while practicing it yourself, dodge and accuse tactics like this are as old as this same type of Chicken Little opining.

It is easy to convince somebody using that type of reasoning when they already believe the worst about something. Wondering about the "reason" of others they simply bypass information that might point them in a different direction.

Let him keep playing Chicken Little, it is amusing.

no1tovote4 said:
Don't worry about it, he's too busy fiddling to hear you...

As he and his cohorts attempt to scare the US into foolish policies they actually practice what they accuse the current Administration of. It's a complete propaganda circle. Accuse your enemies of one thing while practicing it yourself, dodge and accuse tactics like this are as old as this same type of Chicken Little opining.

It is easy to convince somebody using that type of reasoning when they already believe the worst about something. Wondering about the "reason" of others they simply bypass information that might point them in a different direction.

Let him keep playing Chicken Little, it is amusing.

Rather more like the strategy practiced by conservative commentators. And the Administrations' strategy is one of bait-and-switch. And you can continue playing Head-in-the-sand...It's pathetic.

Bullypulpit said:
Rather more like the strategy practiced by conservative commentators. And the Administrations' strategy is one of bait-and-switch. And you can continue playing Head-in-the-sand...It's pathetic.

Where did ya learn the term "dry drunk" ,bully ? Experience ?

Bullypulpit said:

As I said, people who spread propaganda use the same methods all the time, that you cannot see the method being used says more for your "head-in-the-sand" approach than it does mine.

Pathetic is as shown here, someone posting propaganda that uses the same methods he opposes when used by others....

Keep pecking Chicken Little, you may yet win that Tic Tac Toe game.

dilloduck said:
Where did ya learn the term "dry drunk" ,bully ? Experience ?

No, I see it on lefty sites all the time. It isn't original any more than it is correct.

Even people who teach classes on alcoholism cite religious conversion as one of the reasons that people can use to successfully conquer their addiction. It is easy to ignore that part of current practices, but heck as I said before missing the whole angle of propaganda is easy when it totes the line you want it to.

no1tovote4 said:
No, I see it on lefty sites all the time. It isn't original any more than it is correct.

Even people who teach classes on alcoholism cite religious conversion as one of the reasons that people can use to successfully conquer their addiction. It is easy to ignore that part of current practices, but heck as I said before missing the whole angle of propaganda is easy when it totes the line you want it to.

You think he got it from the site or is suffering from one ?

Bully, you didnt believe the UN when they said Iraq had WMDs, why on earth do you want us to believe them now when you say our economy is going south when we have no evidence whatsoever of any action. BTW deficit spending puts more money in the pockets of people who spend it and strengthen the economy. its high school economics.

Bullypulpit said:

Wrong again, you run from every fight you start because you know you are wrong. The economy is growing, the rest of that rant is leftist bullshit.

Bullypulpit said:

Bully, there is no one hear impervious to reason. We have reasonable discussions issues everyday. Why is it you believe that anyone who disagrees with you isn't reasonable?

When you engage in reasonable discussions perhaps maybe you will be able to reasonably prove some points. But you cant have reasonable discussions based on facts that arent true. You cant have reasonable discussions when you are clouded by hate. Let go of the hate. It only hurts yourself. When your mind is clear then perhaps more reasonable discussions will happen.

Forum List

Back