and, meanwhile, back at the ranch

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
At California Nuclear Plant, Earthquake Response Plan Not Required

But the Diablo Canyon nuclear plant, which sits less than a mile from an offshore fault line, was not required to include earthquakes in its emergency response plan as a condition of being granted its license more than a quarter of a century ago. Though experts warned from the beginning that the plant would be vulnerable to an earthquake, asserting 25 years ago that it required an emergency plan as a condition of its license, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission fought against making such a provision mandatory as it allowed the facility to be built.

Officials at Pacific Gas and Electric Company, the utility that operates Diablo Canyon, did not respond to calls seeking comment before the story was published. After publication, a spokesman for the company said the plant does have an earthquake procedure that had been implemented during a 2003 earthquake near the facility, and that staff are trained to respond. The company did not provide further details upon request.

Lol

Attachments

• $corporate_flag.jpg
    $corporate_flag.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 85
Sadly, your flag picture is more truth than fiction. From nuclear power plant siting to the truth about the effects of the GHGs in the atmosphere, it is now far more important that money be made than that the truth be told. And damn and deny the consequences.

But the Diablo Canyon nuclear plant, which sits less than a mile from an offshore fault line, was not required to include earthquakes in its emergency response plan as a condition of being granted its license more than a quarter of a century ago. Though experts warned from the beginning that the plant would be vulnerable to an earthquake, asserting 25 years ago that it required an emergency plan as a condition of its license, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission fought against making such a provision mandatory as it allowed the facility to be built.

Officials at Pacific Gas and Electric Company, the utility that operates Diablo Canyon, did not respond to calls seeking comment before the story was published. After publication, a spokesman for the company said the plant does have an earthquake procedure that had been implemented during a 2003 earthquake near the facility, and that staff are trained to respond. The company did not provide further details upon request.

Old, It was the Tsunami's waves that damaged the reactors, not the Earthquake. Just in case you didn't know? Anyway, I live near Diablo. Northern Contra Costa County has one of the highest cancer rates in the USA. They tested one of the A-Bombs that we dropped on Japan underwater in the nearby bay. ~BH

Sadly, your flag picture is more truth than fiction. From nuclear power plant siting to the truth about the effects of the GHGs in the atmosphere, it is now far more important that money be made than that the truth be told. And damn and deny the consequences.

blow my brians out..........this guy would have us riding bicycles to work.

I'll tell you whats sad............

Its far left guys who spend every day of their lives in misery due to being supremely jealous of others success.

So what do we do Rocks, build a windmill for the top of every car?? The far lefties linger in this wanna-be world but contribute no answers that dont have epic impact on our way of life.

Most of our food comes hundreds or thousands of miles by rail, which uses diesel fuel. The far lefties solution to get that food to market???

30-2573.jpg

Indeed.........the world would be nothing less than a wonderful place, would it not.........except for the reality of necessary tradeoffs!!!!:lol:

Old, It was the Tsunami's waves that damaged the reactors, not the Earthquake. Just in case you didn't know? Anyway, I live near Diablo. Northern Contra Costa County has one of the highest cancer rates in the USA. They tested one of the A-Bombs that we dropped on Japan underwater in the nearby bay. ~BH
Don't try to confuse Old Rock Head with the facts.

I could not have said it better. The left know what the problem is but don't have a clue how to solve it except to blame it on the right. We may not do everything perfectly but at least we do something other than complain. I just went out and looked at my truck and just can't find a way to fit the windmill up there but I think the hand truck pump system might fit in the back. Maybe I can get the Rock to man it for me.

What's the issue?

They have a plan and they traing the staff?

Is this some pathetic no nukes thing? Or are you complementing the plant for creating a plan after a close call?

Forum List

Back