And libs think our military makes mistakes

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Swiss Accidently invade Liechtenstien

ZURICH, Switzerland - What began as a routine training exercise almost ended in an embarrassing diplomatic incident after a company of Swiss soldiers got lost at night and marched into neighboring Liechtenstein.

According to Swiss daily Blick, the 170 infantry soldiers wandered just over a mile across an unmarked border into the tiny principality early Thursday before realizing their mistake and turning back.

A spokesman for the Swiss army confirmed the story but said that there were unlikely to be any serious repercussions for the mistaken invasion.

"We've spoken to the authorities in Liechtenstein and it's not a problem," Daniel Reist told The Associated Press.

Officials in Liechtenstein also played down the incident.

Interior ministry spokesman Markus Amman said nobody in Liechtenstein had even noticed the soldiers, who were carrying assault rifles but no ammunition. "It's not like they stormed over here with attack helicopters or something," he said.

Liechtenstein, which has about 34,000 inhabitants and is slightly smaller than Washington DC, doesn't have an army.

Good thing they didn't accidently invade France. The French would be really busy this morning explaining why they surrendered so easily.

As a very young Sergeant (E5 for the Army Types) I was leading one of my first convoys thru TwentyNine Palms CA and at night and got lost. Ended up literally in someones back yard at about 0400.

I imagine that when they woke up to hear a battery of M198's doing Uturns in the back 40 they were a bit more amused than the Euros. Why? You ask?

Because as we moved toward what I thought was a dry riverbed on the map we found an obviously homeade sign that read "The base is that way, Have a nice day".

That's why it's called training.

We didn't accidently invade Iraq. And we didn't withdraw after we found we screwed up. And the authorities in Switzerland apologized, instead of celebrating every casualty.

We didn't accidently invade Iraq. And we didn't withdraw after we found we screwed up. And the authorities in Switzerland apologized, instead of celebrating every casualty.

Just exactly how did you turn this around to whatever point you are trying to make. I personally find it very tiresome that some people always have to point whatever thread they are reading into some lame attempt at their own agenda.

Sometimes posts are just for fun like this one in case you didnt notice. But hey when in doubt just blame our government for something. it always works doesnt it..

You aresuch a one sided ass..... You repeat yourself in every thread you post....

I understand now where your coming from after reading your public profile. I mean after all your a 22 year old grad student in Cali. so your spewing forth all the nonsense that your professors are telling you.....:eusa_doh:

You aresuch a one sided ass..... You repeat yourself in every thread you post....

I am just trying to fit in with the rest of you and post how you all post.

Most of my professors are actually fairly conservative. Of course, if you haven't been in the world of academia for a couple of decades (or perhaps never at all), you wouldn't know this.

I am just trying to fit in with the rest of you and post how you all post. Nuh Uh. My post was funny.

Most of my professors are actually fairly conservative. Of course, if you haven't been in the world of academia for a couple of decades (or perhaps never at all), you wouldn't know this.

I didn't go to college but my kid did. And her professors were lunatics.. :razz:

I am just trying to fit in with the rest of you and post how you all post.

You know, I have given a little thought how to respond to your post. Yes I am older than you by about 16 years that means that I have a greater understanding of the real world. To answer your snide comment of "perhaps I never attended college/univeristy at all", I would like to inform you that I finished my education process and have a very fulfilling medical career.

I have been out of college for long enough to tell you that what you are considering a "conservative" is by no means such.

Most young people feel they are so much more intelligent than their older companions because they may still be in school. Your real education hasn't even begun. By what you have posted in your profile you have not even been out of school once. You went straight to college from high school and your still in. Untill you get some real experience keep the snide comments to yourself.

As for you "fitting in" take the post for what it was initialy intended for HUMOR. This post was not for politicle ramblings it was for FUN. When you learn to recognize that than you will be able to "fit in".

Untill than "GROW UP"!!!!

Forum List

Back