*And It Begins*

Why not just give each denomination, say, 3 holidays each (christians have xmas, easter and halloween). But the catch being, you can't take off a day that's a holiday of another faith.

You do realize that Jews and Christians celebrate some of the same holidays, right?

Also, All Hallows Eve is very much not a Christian Holy Day.

Yep, but it is entertaining to watch the churches as they try and figure out how to co-opt haloween as well.
Give em another 20 years and they will have it too. And most all will believe it was always that way.

Why not just give each denomination, say, 3 holidays each (christians have xmas, easter and halloween). But the catch being, you can't take off a day that's a holiday of another faith.

You do realize that Jews and Christians celebrate some of the same holidays, right?

Also, All Hallows Eve is very much not a Christian Holy Day.

So what? Even better.

So dump halloween and choose something else. Anyways, kids miss school all the time for random reasons like the dentist or doctor's appointment, they get sick... It would be like the muslims getting sick all on the same day. So what?

It is ONE day. If they start giving them all the holidays then we have a problem. And does anyone know the number of Muslim school children at that school? If it is a very small number it really is a waste of time but it STILL is only ONE day.

Ever heard the old saying, "give them an inch and they'll take a mile?"

Well this is how it starts. A door can't swing wide open unless it's first opened.

Sorry bout that,

Oh I see. You're trying to say that only Christian holidays should count. Remind me: why is that again?

1. Because this land is a Christian Nation.
2. Founded on *Christian Princples*.
3. Why should us Christians just hand it over?
4. What a ignorant thing to do.
5. Don't start with the seperation of church and state, I get that, where not one church was a state church, like in Europe, but the USA is and was founded by Christians, for Christians, that should never change, but look around.
6. Once we start carving up America for islam, there is no end to it, till they run us out.
7. Most people can not see this, even though its happeneing right now in Europe.
8. And frankly they never will, and will argue till thier last breath, over it, when they are run out of America, either to an early grave, or sent packing, by being burnt out.
9. islam could be doing it right infront of thier faces, and yet they will say, "We did this to ourselves."
10. Christians will watch thier country fail, and wonder with amazement, saying, "What Happened?": and thats what is going on right now in Europe, take a look around folks.
11. I lie not.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
As far as i am concerned there are more Jews in this country and do you see them whining about changing rules to accommodate their holidays?

I worked with a girl who was from veiatnam...and everyone was crying ..boohoo we have to work on a holiday,..well she would happily swap days with someone. I asked her why.

He answer was she got double time for working a "holiday" and it wasn't HER holiday anyway.

The muslims need to get over themselves and FOR ONCE try and fit in.

The Constitution disagrees

Like slavery?

The nation was founded on Liberal values. The rulebook was Locke and Hume, not the Bible.

You're an idiot.
You speaking of ignorance? :lol:
5. Don't start with the seperation of church and state, I get that, where not one church was a state church, like in Europe, but the USA is and was founded by Christians, for Christians, that should never change, but look around.

Yes... it was also founded by whites for whites, eh? Your true colours are showing.
6. Once we start carving up America for islam, there is no end to it, till they run us out.

OH NOES! THE MINORITIES ARE COMING! THE MINORITIES ARE COMING!

moron

But Cambridge School Committee member Marc McGovern, who pushed for the Muslim holiday in city schools, said he thinks people need to take a step back from what he called hysteria and the stereotypes of all Muslims as terrorists.

“At a time when I think the Muslim population is being characterized with a broad brush in a negative way, I think it’s important for us to say we’re not going to do that here,’’ McGovern said.

Cambridge schools already close for some Christian and Jewish holidays, and McGovern said he believes Muslims should be treated equally.

“The issue that sort of came up was should we celebrate any religious holidays, but there was not the will to take away Good Friday or one of the Jewish holidays,’’ he said. “So I said, if that is the case, I think we have an obligation to celebrate one of the Muslim holidays, as well.’’
This. :thup:

How 'bout we only close the school for federal 'holidays' like Independence Day and simply encourage schools to allow students to take up to 2 weeks off during the school year, which they can use on the religious or other special days of their choice?

'It's Kwanza/Christmas/My mom's birthday next Friday; could I pick up Friday's work on thursday?'

That's fine by me. Apparently that idea came up, but the school board didn't have the balls to see it through.

But I guarantee if a school decided to not recognize Christian holidays, there'd be people on here screeching and howling about secular progressive atheism being shoved down their throat, or something like that.

The ONLY to make it work out so that it is fair to everyone, is WITH secular progressive atheism.

No religious recognition of anything.

Sorry bout that,

Oh I see. You're trying to say that only Christian holidays should count. Remind me: why is that again?

7. Most people can not see this, even though its happeneing right now in Europe.
8. And frankly they never will, and will argue till thier last breath, over it, when they are run out of America, either to an early grave, or sent packing, by being burnt out.
9. islam could be doing it right infront of thier faces, and yet they will say, "We did this to ourselves."
10. Christians will watch thier country fail, and wonder with amazement, saying, "What Happened?": and thats what is going on right now in Europe, take a look around folks.
11. I lie not.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
I get concerned when I hear our politicians and political pundits proclaiming that we’re a Christian nation. We’re not. We’re a nation of mostly Christians, to be sure, but there are other religions here as well, and a lot of non-believers too. This attitude I would expect to find in countries with state sponsored religions but not in America.

I get concerned when I hear our politicians and political pundits proclaiming that we’re a Christian nation. We’re not. We’re a nation of mostly Christians, to be sure, but there are other religions here as well, and a lot of non-believers too. This attitude I would expect to find in countries with state sponsored religions but not in America.

We are a Christian majority nation. At last poll I heard it was about 85%.

If you're a muslim and that's so important to you, then stay in your muslim nation. Don't come here wanting to change America. We, the majority, don't want it, need it, or like it.

Don't come here wanting to change America. We, the majority, don't want it, need it, or like it.

Yes, never try to change America! Love it or leave it, abolitionist ******-loving, not-wanting-to-quarter-troops-in-peacetime, wanting-a-fair-and-speedy-trial, wanting-women-and-*******-to-vote, unAmerican swine!

If you're a muslim and that's so important to you, then stay in your muslim nation. Don't come here wanting to change America. We, the majority, don't want it, need it, or like it.

You would have a lot more credibility without that avatar.:eusa_whistle:

Don't come here wanting to change America. We, the majority, don't want it, need it, or like it.

Yes, never try to change America! Love it or leave it, abolitionist ******-loving, not-wanting-to-quarter-troops-in-peacetime, wanting-a-fair-and-speedy-trial, wanting-women-and-*******-to-vote, unAmerican swine!
I don't recall ******* killing thousands of Americans in cold blood, aside from the fact that they were FORCIBLY brought here. I don't recall WOMEN killing thousands of people in cold blood.

If you're going to try and pass that lame argument off, use an example that coincides.

You would have a lot more credibility without that avatar.
Yes, I'm sure I'd have a ton more credibility if I had something like, say, a fucking KANGAROO for an avatar.

STFU man... :eusa_hand:

I don't recall ******* killing thousands of Americans in cold blood

Do we have the death rolls from the various slave revolts?

I do recall that it was all MEN who carried out 9-11:eusa_shhh:

And it was WHITE PEOPLE who carried out the Tuskegee Experiments and sterilized Carrie Buck. And most were PROTESTANTS. Hence the WASP movement.

Wasn't it also WHITE PEOPLE who killed our presidents? And who started the civil war?

And the Hutaree were CHRISTIANS!

Clearly, only dark-skinned women belong in America or deserve any acceptance or tolerance. :cuckoo:

Now... take every Muslims in America, or even just the few asking for a holiday and show me how each of them carried out 9-11.

I don't recall ******* killing thousands of Americans in cold blood

Do we have the death rolls from the various slave revolts?

I do recall that it was all MEN who carried out 9-11:eusa_shhh:

And it was WHITE PEOPLE who carried out the Tuskegee Experiments and sterilized Carrie Buck. And most were PROTESTANTS. Hence the WASP movement.

Wasn't it also WHITE PEOPLE who killed our presidents? And who started the civil war?

And the Hutaree were CHRISTIANS!

Clearly, only dark-skinned women belong in America or deserve any acceptance or tolerance. :cuckoo:

Now... take every Muslims in America, or even just the few asking for a holiday and show me how each of them carried out 9-11.

strawmanmotivational.jpg

Forum List

Back