And I'm tired of gangsta hoodie wearer!

I wonder how many of these hoodie wearers would object to me wearing a balaclava in public or in close proximity to their person(s), seeing as the consensus is that both garments are undeniably geared towards concealing or obscuring the wearer's facial features when either are worn 'up' or 'down'. The latter being the case of the balaclava.

Last edited:
I wonder how many of these hoodie wearers would object to me wearing a balaclava in public or in close proximity to their person(s), seeing as the consensus is that both garments are undeniably geared towards concealing or obscuring the wearer's facial features when either are worn 'up' or 'down'. The latter being the case of the balaclava.
In Virginia, it is a Class 6 felony to wear a ski mask in public, except in very limited circumstances.

VIRGINIA Section 18.2-422:
Prohibition of wearing of masks in certain places; exceptions.
It shall be unlawful for any person over sixteen years of age while wearing any mask, hood or other device whereby a substantial portion of the face is hidden or covered so as to conceal the identity of the wearer, to be or appear in any public place, or upon any private property in this Commonwealth without first having obtained from the owner or tenant thereof consent to do so in writing.

Exceptions
However, the provisions of this section shall not apply to persons (i) wearing traditional holiday costumes; (ii) engaged in professions, trades, employment or other activities and wearing protective masks which are deemed necessary for the physical safety of the wearer or other persons; (iii) engaged in any bona fide theatrical production or masquerade ball; or (iv) wearing a mask, hood or other device for bona fide medical reasons upon the advice of a licensed physician or osteopath and carrying on his person an affidavit from the physician or osteopath specifying the medical necessity for wearing the device and the date on which the wearing of the device will no longer be necessary and providing a brief description of the device. The violation of any provisions of this section shall constitute a Class 6 felony.​

Last edited:

I don't know what "consensus" you're talking about. I don't think that a hoodie is "undeniably geared towards concealing or obscuring the wearers face". I think it's "undeniably geared" towards comfort and fashion.

The fact that people wear hoodies to conceal their identities doesn't make that the purpose of a hoodie. I wear hoodies all the time, with the hood up, and with the hood down - depending on the situation, and I've never worn a hoodie with the intention of "concealing my face".

I don't know what "consensus" you're talking about. I don't think that a hoodie is "undeniably geared towards concealing or obscuring the wearers face". I think it's "undeniably geared" towards comfort and fashion.

The fact that people wear hoodies to conceal their identities doesn't make that the purpose of a hoodie. I wear hoodies all the time, with the hood up, and with the hood down - depending on the situation, and I've never worn a hoodie with the intention of "concealing my face".
After the gym and when it is cold outside, I ALWAYS wear a hoodie with the hood up when walking to my car.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

After the gym and when it is cold outside, I ALWAYS wear a hoodie with the hood up when walking to my car.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm not the type to wear big, bulky coats - so when it gets cold, I generally just wear a hoodie under my light jacket. And when it's windy, I frequently put the hood up.
:eusa_angel:

I wear hoodies. :eusa_whistle:

I'm sure you're also black and a criminal then.

It would be the logical conclusion. And yet.... and this may shock you, GT... I am neither. :lol:

Like LockeJ said... If I've got the hood up, I always take it down when I am inside... I was raised right... no 'hats or head coverings indoors'.

That's exactly why I take mine down. If I leave it up, a hear my grandmother's voice yelling about hats in the house or putting a hat on the table.

I work for a defense contractor which is full of white conservatives and about 50% of the technicians, 85% of the young ones, wear hoodies when it's cold or raining.

Zimmerman is one of many White men who are tuned in to this circumstance and for one reason or other, whether it be paranoia, racism, vindictive rage from being victimized, or all three, they are are harboring a dangerous frame of mind. So hopefully you might be wise enough to agree that raising the metaphorical middle finger might not be such a good idea.

No, wrong. If wearing a hood up bugs the judgemental motherfuckers out there who are stupid enough to stereo-type, than they deserve that metaphorical middle finger every time.....and if someone kills because of it - that's the killer's bad - not the bird flipper's.

"I am tired of burying young black boys," said Rep. Frederica Wilson of Florida , who represents the district where Martin lived. "No more racial profiling. I'm tired of fighting when the evidence is so clear."
Martin family to join "Million Hoodie March" - CBS News

So now they want a Million Hoodie March?

Why do you think the hoodie wearer was shot?

Some schools are telling students to leave their hooded sweatshirts in their lockers unless they want to be suspended.

The schools say students wearing hoods can conceal their identities from hallway cameras that might catch them cutting class or breaking into a locker.
'Hoodies' banned at some N.J. schools | NJ.com

Honestly why would someone wear a hoodie on a dark street in 70 degree weather other then hiding identity!

AND it isn't a BLACK issue! It is a fact!
More blacks wearing hoodies are more involved in criminal activity then blacks NOT wearing hoodies!

Yea, there's some people I'm tired of.

rednecks.jpg

And they wave Confederate flags.

All i have seen reported are Zimmerman's tangles with the law. One charge dismissed, one restraining order filed against him, he filed one also. Dismissed but Zimmerman appears to be a wannabe police officer.
I absolutely agree. Everything I've read and heard about this incident suggests you are right.

I would appreciate your trying to explain that reason. What do you think it might be?

Why?
Because I have a curious nature and unusual behaviors interest me.

Okay then, if there's no malice I'll indulge.

(I'll start from the premise that it's *not* unusual; however. Perhaps because I'm a bit younger than it seems most on the board are.)

Extra warmth around the noggin, is probably why it's comforting.

How do you know it was homicide? Were you there? Or are you jumping to MSM conclusions feed by Sharpton BOTTOM FEEDERS?

I am tired of people EXCUSING gangstas for wearing hoodies in the middle of the day cause it looks so "bad!" idiots are same ones idiot was shot i.e. grabbing his pants to keep them from falling!

I don't blame the shooter! Do you live in that area and KNOW the crime statistics?
Most caused by hoodie wearing gangstas,, mostly black!

Have a problem with English? I said homicide, i.e. killing of a human being. I didn't say "murder". Homicide doesn't imply guilt. A soldier on the battlefield is engaged in homicide. The person that throws the switch on Old Sparky is engaged in homicide. A person who kills in self-defense is engaged in homicide. However, since Zimmerman wasn't engaged in self-defense but in hunting, his homicide should be considered a murder.

...and while we're at it, let's stop all this unreasonable prejudice against ski masks! Every time I walk into a bank with a ski mask on, I'm treated like a criminal! Jeez-Louise!

Forum List

Back