And I'm Sick of Infomercials/ads ...

... dammit.:evil:

Gunny

convert-tivo-files2.jpg

If you are going to watch TV spare yourself the commercials and the restrictions based off of a show's schedule and get a TIVO. I've been using one for television since 2001....but be warned you wont be able to watch tv the normal way again :lol:

TiVo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think Gunny has a point. We've reached a point where there is more commercial time than show time and it irritates the hell out of me as well. I'm not influenced by products advertised on TV - I don't run out and buy them.

The "but wait!" commercials are generally selling a cheap as hell product to begin with - you're not getting "2 for the cost of 1" because the idea is for the seller to make a profit. If you can get 2 of whatever for the cost of $5.00, the product itself is probably worth about $1 each - but there are people who will buy that stuff.

The "if you are one of the first 100 people in your area to call ..." ads are running in all areas of the country, 2 or 3 times a day for "x" days ... but people believe that shit and frantically hit the phone in order to be one of the first.

I can give several more examples, but the bottom line is that many advertisers are counting on the stupidity of some people in order to make a profit.

I especially love those colon cleanser info's.

Now ain't that something to wake up to at 2 AM.

I remember reading about the origin of soap operas. They were called that because it was a fifteen minute story on radio that constantly mentioned the brand of soap they were advertising.

Forum List

Back