...and I'll respect you in the morning

Merlin1047

Mar 28, 2004
AL
If anyone believes this, please let me know. I have a really excellent old Yugo I need to sell.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/1/3/70929.shtml

CBS Promises 'Fair and Balanced' News

In advance of the release of CBS's Rathergate report, the network is desperately trying to repair relations with the Bush White House - borrowing a page from the Fox News Channel with a promise to become "fair and balanced."

Broadcasting & Cable magazine reports that the promise was delivered during a recent White House meeting that included CBS News President Andrew Heyward, Washington bureau chief Janet Leissner and Bush communications director Dan Bartlett.

The CBS News chief was "working overtime to convince Bartlett that neither CBS News nor Rather had a vendetta against the White House," the magazine said, with Heyward reportedly pledging: "From here on out [CBS] would do everything it could to be fair and balanced.”
It's not clear how CBS News intends to live up to its "fair and balanced" promise - a slogan that has helped the Fox News Channel become the highest rated cable news network in television.

There's been no apparent change in Mr. Rather's reporting going back to last September, when he aired forged documents to trash President Bush's National Guard record.

Merlin1047 said:
If anyone believes this, please let me know. I have a really excellent old Yugo I need to sell.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/1/3/70929.shtml

CBS Promises 'Fair and Balanced' News

In advance of the release of CBS's Rathergate report, the network is desperately trying to repair relations with the Bush White House - borrowing a page from the Fox News Channel with a promise to become "fair and balanced."

Broadcasting & Cable magazine reports that the promise was delivered during a recent White House meeting that included CBS News President Andrew Heyward, Washington bureau chief Janet Leissner and Bush communications director Dan Bartlett.

The CBS News chief was "working overtime to convince Bartlett that neither CBS News nor Rather had a vendetta against the White House," the magazine said, with Heyward reportedly pledging: "From here on out [CBS] would do everything it could to be fair and balanced.”
It's not clear how CBS News intends to live up to its "fair and balanced" promise - a slogan that has helped the Fox News Channel become the highest rated cable news network in television.

There's been no apparent change in Mr. Rather's reporting going back to last September, when he aired forged documents to trash President Bush's National Guard record.

I'll wait until I see the results of their internal investigation and how they handle it----then I'll give em about 10 years of probation.

They're still dealing with this by half measures. Rather is leaving the nightly news anchor desk, but he is staying on with 60 minutes. Seems strange to me since it was his reporting and attitude on the story presented on 60 minutes that got him in trouble.

Also, I'm curious as to the status of the left wing dingbat producer who spurred the story despite the questionable credentials attributed to the so-called memo. If they don't fire her, then nothing has really changed.

Merlin1047 said:
They're still dealing with this by half measures. Rather is leaving the nightly news anchor desk, but he is staying on with 60 minutes. Seems strange to me since it was his reporting and attitude on the story presented on 60 minutes that got him in trouble.

Also, I'm curious as to the status of the left wing dingbat producer who spurred the story despite the questionable credentials attributed to the so-called memo. If they don't fire her, then nothing has really changed.

Agreed--It's obvious that they want to drag it out and hope it's a teeny weeny issue when (if) they come clean.

And promise I'll call, too.

I hate to say it but I think, just as a naive short sighted young woman falls for those lines, the public will
fall for 'Fair and Balanced' from CBS too. I do hope I'm wrong.

Mr. P said:

I hate to say it but I think, just as a naive short sighted young woman falls for those lines, the public will
fall for 'Fair and Balanced' from CBS too. I do hope I'm wrong.

Could be, but I think that Fox has put a huge dent in the viewership of the major networks as well as CNN. About the only folks who think that CBS is a credible organization are the die-hard libs - a couple of whom inhabit this board.

Merlin1047 said:
Could be, but I think that Fox has put a huge dent in the viewership of the major networks as well as CNN. About the only folks who think that CBS is a credible organization are the die-hard libs - a couple of whom inhabit this board.
Oh, I would agree with that!

As part of his punishment, Rather should be forced to anchor CBS' coverage of the inauguration.

Mr. P said:

I hate to say it but I think, just as a naive short sighted young woman falls for those lines, .

hey hey now, in the navy, we say "and i'll pick up when you call"... ain't no crazy way we're gonna waste call time on a one hitter quitter

:cof:

Forum List

Back