And I thought the world thought Obama was a joke!

kiwiman127

Comfortably Moderate
Oct 19, 2010
4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
I was quite surprised by a new poll released by Pew regarding the US and Obama as viewed by the world.
There have been many a thread by our fellow posters claiming that Obama has made the US a joke in the view of the world. But, the opposite is true.
World 'largely favours' US and Obama
A recently-released global survey of 40 countries by the Pew Research Center finds that large numbers of people have a favourable opinion of the United States, its economy and the US-led fight against the Islamic State.
Overall, the US is largely seen in a positive light, with a global median of 69% of people saying they viewed the US favourably. That's up from 65% in 2013 and 2014, says Pew.
But when it comes to the issue of post-9/11 interrogation techniques - which many consider to be torture - the US has received a worldwide rebuke.
<snip>
When it comes to the US-led fight against Islamic State, the US enjoys broad support.
A median of 62% of people around the world say that they support US military actions against the Islamic State group. That figure is compared to the 24% of people who oppose US-led efforts against the group in Iraq and Syria.
While the Iraq war that raged a decade ago was largely unpopular, majorities in America's key European allies are supportive of the campaign.
A near-majority of people in important Middle Eastern allies are supportive as well.
<snip>
The US president, however, enjoys widespread support that, in many places, has been growing - except for in one country.
Mr Obama's popularity in Israel has taken a nosedive in Israel over the past 12 months. Last year, he had the backing of 71% of Israelis. But this year, only 49% gave him the thumbs-up.
However in India the opposite is true. Over the past year, his popularity in that country jumped from 48% to 71%. He's seen his popularity grow in 14 of the surveyed countries.
Considering people in all 40 countries around the world, Mr Obama has the backing of a median of 69% of people (much higher than his approval rating in the US).
In all the countries surveyed in the EU and sub-Saharan Africa, half or more support the American president. In 29 countries, majorities said they were confident that Mr Obama would do the right thing when it came to world affairs.
World largely favours US and Obama
Well, I guess that blows the far right's theory about the world view of Obama and the US.
As somebody who isn't exactly nuts about "O" and his performance, maybe I've been to hard on the guy, maybe he just kinda sucks.

i knew all along that once he no longer cared about being re-elected, the anti-gun stuff was going to start, BIG TIME

he should leave this country and go push himself off on the WORLD

BECAUSE here at home the Majority thinks he's a joke, a divider, an ass and the list is LONG

ALL THOSE Muslim countries adores him. so just as with Clinton, he was LOVED by the world that as soon as he left office we got: 9/11

who gives a crap what the WORLD loves

Last edited:
Yes that is correct Obama is very popular in every part of this world. It's only here in US where he is being disrespected by HATRED, RACIST and BIGOTS. Foreigners are very aware of how we treated our president. We deal with several countries in Asia, Europe, South America and part of Africa. When discussions at dinner or after meeting this topic comes up. And you will be surprised how Obama's popularity to other countries.

When discussions at dinner or after meeting this topic comes up. And you will be surprised how Obama's popularity to other countries.

I'm two weeks back from a long stretch in Europe and I must agree Obama is a popular subject for discussion. Consensus is they need something at which to laugh to lift the gloom of what Greece is doing to Europe's economy. Among the "firsts" for Obama is the first appearance of an American "president" in shithouse hieroglyphics - funny ones!

When discussions at dinner or after meeting this topic comes up. And you will be surprised how Obama's popularity to other countries.

I'm two weeks back from a long stretch in Europe and I must agree Obama is a popular subject for discussion. Consensus is they need something at which to laugh to lift the gloom of what Greece is doing to Europe's economy. Among the "firsts" for Obama is the first appearance of an American "president" in shithouse hieroglyphics - funny ones!
You are displaying your racist attitude. I am telling you my own real facts experience. I could care less about Obama but that's the reality about Obama popularity.

Forum List

Back