And....here, we, GO!

Now just saying the name, Michael Moore, sends neocons leaping to their laptops and desktops to call up all the talking point files of slams and allegations against the man....yet the truths that are within and behind his films and website are kind of hard to ignore.....especially this one:

December 1st, 2010 11:07 AM
Recipe for Riots: Take Cruel Republicans and Wall Street Democrats, Add the Worst Economy in Eighty Years, and Stir

Recipe for Riots: Take Cruel Republicans and Wall Street Democrats, Add the Worst Economy in Eighty Years, and Stir | MichaelMoore.com

michael moore has the right to say the truth, funny thing is....others have pointed this out beforehand. the unemployed are left with nothing and who's to blame? freaking congress. sad that WE voted in more millionaires to a** rape said unemployed, teabaggers included.

Newsflash for ya, genius....not extending the Shrub's tax cuts won't suddenly bankrupt it's recipients....THEY WILL STILL BE MILLIONAIRES!

Newsflash for ya, genius, it's their money, not the government's, and not yours. You aren't entitled to it.

Well then, if that's the case then let's have a comparable tax break for all those making under 250 or 200,000...it's their money too, right genius? Or better yet, lets just eliminate taxes, fair wages, healthcare, unemployment insurance, anti-trust laws, etc. Let's turn back the clock to the two tier economic situation that fucked this country up before FDR's New Deal. I would love to see blowhards like you deal in that reality, because YOU aren't related to the Rockerfellers, bunky.

And again, extending unemployment benefits for people who have paid into for YEARS is NOT "broveling at the teat of big government".

And again, someone on unemployment for two years has drawn out more than they've paid in so it IS sucking at the government teat. (Broveling is not a word)

Sorry about the typo....and if you've faithfully worked for 5, 10, 15 years and drew a pay check portions of the profit that employers make off of their employees labor goes to federal unemployment insurance, rather than say, the company coffers or into the employees paychecks.

And employers who consistently pay the state unemployment tax can get a credit of up to 5.4 percent, independent of the tax rate they pay to the state.

So if I'm working 5 or six years for a company and get laid off, an extension to my unemployment insurance isn't out of the question or breaking the bank.

But do keep parroting the talking points the people who screw you over tell you to.

Last edited:
Extend none of the Bush tax cuts nor the extended unemployment insurance benefits.

Let everybody suffer in solidarity rather than grovelling at the teat of big government.

Do that or stfu about smaller government and deficits.

Hypocrites!

Newsflash for ya, genius....not extending the Shrub's tax cuts won't suddenly bankrupt it's recipients....THEY WILL STILL BE MILLIONAIRES!

And again, extending unemployment benefits for people who have paid into for YEARS is NOT "broveling at the teat of big government".

Spare me the libertarian bullshit, will ya?

Umm people do not pay into unemployment ins. employers do, but at this point every state's unemployment ins is drained and has been getting money from the satates and feds.
Of course all the states that dropped the unmeployment rates during the Bush years did not help things much.

Ahhh, but portions of the profit that employers make off of their employees labor goes to federal unemployment insurance, rather than say, the company coffers or into the employees paychecks.

And employers who consistently pay the state unemployment tax can get a credit of up to 5.4 percent, independent of the tax rate they pay to the state.

So if I'm working 5 or six years for a company and get laid off, an extension to my unemployment insurance isn't out of the question or breaking the bank.

Last edited:
Extend none of the Bush tax cuts nor the extended unemployment insurance benefits.

Let everybody suffer in solidarity rather than grovelling at the teat of big government.

Do that or stfu about smaller government and deficits.

Hypocrites!

Spare me the libertarian bullshit, will ya?

Thanks. If I ever need off the deep end criticism I will come to you first. Sorry that you missed my point entirely.

BTW unemployment is an insurance and as such has set coverage limits. 99 weeks is way outside those coverage limits. If you want to extend those coverage limits retroactively then you better be prepared to pay for 3 or 5 times as much coverage retroactively.

Not that anything rational like that will appeal to your tastes.

Sorry to inform you, toodles, but your little hypothesis is not concrete fact, just supposition and conjecture. Yes, 99 weeks is way out the coverage limit...which is odd considering the majority of 99er's worked a hell of a lot more YEARS than the 99...and the money was subsequently put into the system.

You're point would have validity if it weren't for the FACT that the very people who argue that there's no money for unemployment extensions have no problem keeping BILLIONS from the coffers by extending tax cuts for wealthy folks WHO WILL STILL BE WEALTHY WHEN THE TAX CUTS EXPIRE.

They weren't creating jobs before with the extra loot, so excuse me if the people who lost their jobs due to outsourcing, downsizing, Wall St. and banker scandals go a few more weeks on unemployment with the money derived from taxes.

See toodles, it's called critical thinking....try it sometimes besided parroting the talking points of those who economically wipe their feet on you and then want you to defend them.

No they aren't the only choices. Either people pull their own weight or they starve through their own choice. They run out steal and riot then you lock their asses up and throw away the key because they are a danger to society. It's really quite simple.

The absurdity of your "choice" would lead to an unsustainable welfare state that would collapse due to too few people working in order to support a majority that is not. In fact, your idea is just plain stupid.

The people "pulled their weight" and paid into unemployment insurance for DECADES....they weren't responsible for having their jobs outsourced, or downsized due to Wall St. and the banking debacle, or their savings thrown out the window due to Enron or the S&L scandal.

I am sick and tired of dumb toots like YOU blaming the victims while defending millionaires that wipe their feet on you at the drop of a hat. THEY'LL STILL BE MILLIONAIRES AFTER THE BUSH TAX CUTS LAPSE, YOU DOLT.....but they sure as hell aren't creating the jobs that will help the people who's unemployment insurance has run out.

You don't need to be tazed, bro...you need some common sense bitch slapped into you.

Maybe you can calm down for five seconds and listen to your friend uscitizen. Individual people do not pay into the state unemployment insurance systems. Employers pay a specified rate to the state based upon their payroll and level of turnover. A person working for 1000 years has no right to more or less unemployment insurance than a person working 5 years. These people had no contractual right to any payment beyond the social contract that was given to them out of the kindness of the general citizenry and the continuing stupidity of the state and federal governments. Your assertion people deserve extended unemployment paymetns because they somehow paid for it is factually inaccurate.

The profit the company uses to pay into unemployment insurance is derived from the labor of the employees, other than part of that profit going into company coffers or employees paychecks. While your 1000 year to 5 year analogy is on point, your "kindness" and "stupidity" crack gives you away. Case in point, you leave out the FACT that employers who consistently pay the state unemployment tax are can get a credit of up to 5.4 percent, independent of the tax rate they pay to the state. So the money is there, it's just political and economic will to ferret it out.

And there's the bizarre twist to this...because people will defend to the death a tax break for wealthy folk who would still be wealthy after the tax break, but deny people an extension of unemployment benefits (which is NEVER the full salary of the people receiving them). I say if you're not going to extend the unemployment insurance and you don't want to look at exponential increases in welfare or bankruptcy claims, then at least end the tax cuts for the wealthy and put billions back into the coffers, so you can set up some programs or (gasp) help folk create new businesses so they can create new jobs.

Calm enough for ya?

The people "pulled their weight" and paid into unemployment insurance for DECADES....they weren't responsible for having their jobs outsourced, or downsized due to Wall St. and the banking debacle, or their savings thrown out the window due to Enron or the S&L scandal.

I am sick and tired of dumb toots like YOU blaming the victims while defending millionaires that wipe their feet on you at the drop of a hat. THEY'LL STILL BE MILLIONAIRES AFTER THE BUSH TAX CUTS LAPSE, YOU DOLT.....but they sure as hell aren't creating the jobs that will help the people who's unemployment insurance has run out.

You don't need to be tazed, bro...you need some common sense bitch slapped into you.

Maybe you can calm down for five seconds and listen to your friend uscitizen. Individual people do not pay into the state unemployment insurance systems. Employers pay a specified rate to the state based upon their payroll and level of turnover. A person working for 1000 years has no right to more or less unemployment insurance than a person working 5 years. These people had no contractual right to any payment beyond the social contract that was given to them out of the kindness of the general citizenry and the continuing stupidity of the state and federal governments. Your assertion people deserve extended unemployment paymetns because they somehow paid for it is factually inaccurate.

The profit the company uses to pay into unemployment insurance is derived from the labor of the employees, other than part of that profit going into company coffers or employees paychecks. While your 1000 year to 5 year analogy is on point, your "kindness" and "stupidity" crack gives you away. Case in point, you leave out the FACT that employers who consistently pay the state unemployment tax are can get a credit of up to 5.4 percent, independent of the tax rate they pay to the state. So the money is there, it's just political and economic will to ferret it out.

And there's the bizarre twist to this...because people will defend to the death a tax break for wealthy folk who would still be wealthy after the tax break, but deny people an extension of unemployment benefits (which is NEVER the full salary of the people receiving them). I say if you're not going to extend the unemployment insurance and you don't want to look at exponential increases in welfare or bankruptcy claims, then at least end the tax cuts for the wealthy and put billions back into the coffers, so you can set up some programs or (gasp) help folk create new businesses so they can create new jobs.

Calm enough for ya?

Again, your argument is not based upon facts. Employers pay unemployment insurance taxes whether they make a profit or not. The rest gets into the specifics of each state, but in general extensions are being funded by the federal government not the states. And the fact remains the same, employees do not and have not paid for a certain level of benefits for themselves. Employers paid for a certain level of benefits. Those benefits in large part have been consumed. Now, currently employed people are paying the benefits of the unemployed through the federal government. The whole basis for all your arguments is completely false.

The people "pulled their weight" and paid into unemployment insurance for DECADES....

They aren't doing it now. There is absolutely no excuse to go 99 weeks without finding a job. None.

THEY'LL STILL BE MILLIONAIRES AFTER THE BUSH TAX CUTS LAPSE, YOU DOLT

What part of "it's not the government's money, nor your money" do you not understand?

On the contrary, I'm the one living within the real world, not your world based upon emotionally driven tripe.

Just so you know, the Republicans have stated they would pass an unemployment extension if the budget is cut elsewhere. The Democrats are refusing to do so, so while we're still sending money to Africa to teach uncircumcised men how to clean their penises, American families are starving. Oh whoa is me!

Calm enough for ya?

Again, your argument is not based upon facts. Employers pay unemployment insurance taxes whether they make a profit or not. The rest gets into the specifics of each state, but in general extensions are being funded by the federal government not the states. And the fact remains the same, employees do not and have not paid for a certain level of benefits for themselves. Employers paid for a certain level of benefits. Those benefits in large part have been consumed. Now, currently employed people are paying the benefits of the unemployed through the federal government. The whole basis for all your arguments is completely false.

Funny how you basically repeat yourself and then try to ignore the points I made as if there is no connection. Worse, you think stating a moot point in a different way makes you look like your introducing new information to the discussion.

One only has to look at my previous post to uncover that lame ploy.

In short, you're being stubborn in order to maintain the validity of your entire assertion. You can't disprove the FACT that without the labor, there's no company profit....and therefore the employer can't pay into the unemployment insurance. Also, it's a fantastic bit of supposition to say that the benefits that have been contributed to for DECADES by hundreds and thousands have been consumed in 99 days. Also, you forget to mention that the whole purpose of the SS Act of 1935 was for temporary wages for recently unemployed and to help the economy during a recession...then FUTA came along in 1939....all of which is regulated by the Dept. of Labor. ....an brother, we sure are damned near in a depression. So acting as if federal money was never involved is disingenuous at best.

Bottom line: all this hand wringing about extending unemployment benefits PALES in comparison to the BILLIONS of potential revenue at stake regarding the Bush tax cuts.

The people "pulled their weight" and paid into unemployment insurance for DECADES....

They aren't doing it now. There is absolutely no excuse to go 99 weeks without finding a job. None.

How many days are there in 5 years, genius? More than 99? If you figured it out, then you'll know that money put into the system should about cover it. And I don't know what fairy tale world you're living in, but EVERY valid and legit news service has been reporting about the lack of jobs available in this country for the last couple of YEARS. Combine that with the amount of layoffs, outsourcing, etc., and then talk more ignorant neocon BS, if you can.
THEY'LL STILL BE MILLIONAIRES AFTER THE BUSH TAX CUTS LAPSE, YOU DOLT

What part of "it's not the government's money, nor your money" do you not understand?

Ahhh, the standard defeated neocon parrot tactic....when proven wrong on a point, they just squawk the same line ad nauseum. Look at the previous post folks...I already addressed DTMB silly little assertion.

On the contrary, I'm the one living within the real world, not your world based upon emotionally driven tripe.

Just so you know, the Republicans have stated they would pass an unemployment extension if the budget is cut elsewhere. The Democrats are refusing to do so, so while we're still sending money to Africa to teach uncircumcised men how to clean their penises, American families are starving. Oh whoa is me!

Actually, you're just another dumb neocon parrot who kisses the ass of those who wipe their feet on you. Hence these moronic little Levin/Limbaugh/Beck/Hannity/Savage/Maulkin/Newsbusters/World Net Daily blurbs you keep spewing.

WE'VE HAD YEARS OF THE TAX BREAKS FOR THE WEALTHY...THEY DIDN'T CREATE THE JOBS AS PROMISED, NOW DID THEY? Reaganomics doesn't work.

Instead, they robbed the working man blind via bank mortgage and Wall St. scams, outsourcing and downsizing, Enron, S&L....

WAKE UP, BRO! Your ideology isn't dealing with reality.

Ahhh, but portions of the profit that employers make off of their employees labor goes to federal unemployment insurance, rather than say, the company coffers or into the employees paychecks.

can you link to this please?

Costs are Truly Shared by Federal and State Government

Operating as a federal-state partnership, UC is based on federal law, but administered by the states. The UC program is unique among U.S. social insurance programs in that it is funded almost totally by either federal or state taxes paid by employers.

Currently, employers pay federal unemployment taxes of 6.2 percent on the first $7,000 earned by each of their employees during a calendar year. These federal taxes are used to cover the costs of administering the UC programs in all states. In addition, the federal UC taxes pay one-half of the cost of extended unemployment benefits (during periods of high unemployment) and provide for a fund from which states may borrow, if necessary, to pay benefits.

State UC tax rates vary from state-to-state. State UC taxes may be used only to pay benefits to unemployed workers. The state UC tax rate paid by employers is based on the state's current unemployment rate. As their unemployment rates go up, the states are required by federal law to raise the UC tax rate paid by employers.

Almost all wage and salary workers are now covered by the federal-state UC program. Railroad workers are covered by a separate federal program. Ex-service members with recent service in the Armed Forces and civilian federal employees are covered by a federal program, with the states paying benefits from federal funds as agents of the federal government.

Unemployment Benefits: A Federal-State Lifeline for the Unemployed

It really doesn't matter you could say 10 years. the point is what you are being paid bi weekly in UC as compared to the employer contributions based on the 6.2% of 7K of your salary over the years. It appears the employers are pretty much on the hook for it all and in some states as I noted their rates go up if unemployment goes higher than the states established benchmark, which is a sure bet now I would imagine in this economy as seen below.

as far as your judgment that you are not "breaking the bank" or additional benefits is "out of the question" seems to be problematic.

Unemployment taxes slam businesses

By Tami Luhby, senior writer
February 9, 2010: 10:48 AM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Employers are getting hit with a massive tax hike at a time when they can least afford it.

Companies in at least 35 states will have to fork over more in unemployment insurance taxes this year, according to the National Association of State Workforce Agencies.

The median increase will be 27.5%. And employers in places such as Hawaii and Florida could see levies skyrocket more than ten-fold.

Many of these hikes happened automatically as prolonged joblessness triggered state laws governing their unemployment insurance systems. But at least seven states voted to raise their taxable wage bases, the level of income subject to unemployment tax. And another 10 are looking at upping the wage bases or tax rates.

The states are scrambling to restore their unemployment insurance trust funds, which cover claims.

State trust funds have been decimated by the Great Recession, forcing a record 26 states to borrow a total of more than $30 billion from the federal government. The numbers are expected to grow to 40 states borrowing $90 billion by 2012, said George Wentworth, policy analyst at the National Employment Law Project.

"States are going to be facing higher unemployment tax rates for some period of time," Wentworth said.

In addition, employers pay federal unemployment taxes. If states don't repay their federal loans, businesses could see their federal tax go up as well in coming years, said Rich Hobbie, executive director of the National Association of State Workforce Agencies.

Higher taxes, however, dampen employers' ability to hire new workers, crimping any nascent economic recovery. Companies pay taxes on each employee on the payroll.

"There's no doubt it discourages hiring," said Douglas Holmes, president of UWC-Strategic Services on Unemployment and Workers' Compensation, an employers' trade group. "In fact, it leads to increased unemployment."

Cognizant of this, some states are looking to soften the blow through legislation that would delay the hikes.

Companies paying more in unemployment taxes - Feb. 9, 2010

WE'VE HAD YEARS OF THE TAX BREAKS FOR THE WEALTHY...THEY DIDN'T CREATE THE JOBS AS PROMISED, NOW DID THEY? Reaganomics doesn't work.

actually they did just as they concomitantly grew fed. tax revenue when they took hold in 05.

oh and everyone got a tax break, for example, the 10% bracket?

You missed a really big one Trajan. State UC tax rates create big incentives to move from high UE states to low UE states creating the kind of vicious cycle being seen in CA, NY, IL and particularly MI in about that order. Compound interest functions such as you describe have long lasting effects.

How many days are there in 5 years, genius? More than 99? If you figured it out, then you'll know that money put into the system should about cover it.

Who said anything about 99 days?

Ahhh, the standard defeated neocon parrot tactic....when proven wrong on a point, they just squawk the same line ad nauseum. Look at the previous post folks...I already addressed DTMB silly little assertion.

A. Look up the term "neocon" because you haven't got the slightest what it means. Using words you don't understand only makes you look like more of a jackass than you already do.

B. I'm "squawking" the same line because it's factual and true. It is not the government's money; it's not your money. You are not entitled to it, period. This is not a negotiable truth. That the truth does not fit into your immature Marxist world view is not my problem; it's yours.

Actually, you're just another dumb neocon parrot who kisses the ass of those who wipe their feet on you. Hence these moronic little Levin/Limbaugh/Beck/Hannity/Savage/Maulkin/Newsbusters/World Net Daily blurbs you keep spewing.

So when you're confronted with the truth all you can do is name call? That's typical for an intellectual midget like yourself. You aren't capable of thinking on your own, so when you run out of talking points the last defense is name calling and accusing other of doing exactly what you're doing.

Of course they did. Again, you've created your own reality that only you live in. Insulating yourself from the real world and only seeing what you want to see isn't going to do you any good, nor change what is and has been.

Instead, they robbed the working man blind via bank mortgage and Wall St. scams, outsourcing and downsizing, Enron, S&L....

Completely irrelevant and I doubt you have the slightest idea what you're talking about. Throwing out names like Enron and savings and loan doesn't make you sound intelligent.

My ideology is plain common sense. I know what works and what doesn't by paying attention to and learning from history. I'm also a highly educated individual so if you think you're going to argue economics and business with me and not get smacked right back down on your juvenile Nickelodeon behind, you're quite mistaken.

You're point would have validity if it weren't for the FACT that the very people who argue that there's no money for unemployment extensions have no problem keeping BILLIONS from the coffers by extending tax cuts for wealthy folks WHO WILL STILL BE WEALTHY WHEN THE TAX CUTS EXPIRE..

utter bullshit. I think we should allow ALL of the tax cuts to expire, stop extending unemployment and actually reduce the deficit.

You are talking to me, not some fictional "very people" who reside in your imagination.

The conservative idea that cleaning up the cash-flow statement with debt when that is what causing the bleeding is obviously wrong but that does make the liberal position right. The proper goals are:

Liberalizing bankruptcy laws to get this crap behind us.

Abolish all interest rate deductions to free up assets.

Cut federal expenditures to 18% of GDP as an alternative to pulling an Iceland.

End the empire.

How many days are there in 5 years, genius? More than 99? If you figured it out, then you'll know that money put into the system should about cover it.

Who said anything about 99 days?

You're correct.......So genius, how many weeks are there in 5 years? More than 99? If you figure it out, then you'll know that the money put into the system should about cover it.

A. Look up the term "neocon" because you haven't got the slightest what it means. Using words you don't understand only makes you look like more of a jackass than you already do.

You neocons really don't go off script, do you? I mean, when you can't win an argument, you start grasping at any straw to change the subject. Well bunky, YOU are a new conservative, a "neocon" who blindly supports the executive centric, quasi-imperialistic BS that can be found in the Project For A New American Century website, and who unconditionally defends all the dreck from the Shrub era back to Reagan. That's evident from your posts....but if you need a more concrete definition, look up Merriam-Webster, because I'm tired of doing the homework for willfully ignorant neocon parrots like you.
B. I'm "squawking" the same line because it's factual and true. Only in your delusional little mind, because to date you can't logically or factually disprove ONE thing I've stated. It is not the government's money; it's not your money. You are not entitled to it, period. This is not a negotiable truth. That the truth does not fit into your immature Marxist world view is not my problem; it's yours.

Poor, stupid little neocon parrot....still squawking what the people who wipe their feet on you tell you. Guess what stupid?.....the money that bailed out Wall St. and the banks WASN'T THEIRS, now was it? Yet stupes like you bent over and asked for another one....until Obama came into office and suddenly it's the unemployment insurance that's endangering the economy and has you throwing yourself in front of the neocon bus. And no matter how hard you try, you can't get past the logic of my stance.....5 years (or more)is MORE than enough money in the unemployment pot to cover an extension....or are you SO damned dumb that you never ask where all that money goes?

So when you're confronted with the truth all you can do is name call? That's typical for an intellectual midget like yourself. You aren't capable of thinking on your own, so when you run out of talking points the last defense is name calling and accusing other of doing exactly what you're doing. Hey, if you can't take it don't dish it out (as the chronology of the posts shows). But then taking things out of context is the strong suit of neocons who can't logically or factually debate the issue.

Of course they did. Again, you've created your own reality that only you live in. Insulating yourself from the real world and only seeing what you want to see isn't going to do you any good, nor change what is and has been.

Reality check for you, my intellectually dishonest/bankrupt tazed Bro:

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ

Reaganomics - NYTimes.com

Completely irrelevant and I doubt you have the slightest idea what you're talking about. Throwing out names like Enron and savings and loan doesn't make you sound intelligent.

Sorry Bro, but your lame smokescreen won't cut it here. Anyone with a GED reading comprehension that paid attention to the newspapers for the last 20 years knows how the Enron, Wall St. and bank mortgage scandals were directly related to the deregulation brought to us via 12 years of Reaganomics (with a hefty helping from Slick Willy)...and that's just for starters. But as I've proven above, YOU don't have a clue as to what's going on....YOU, Bro, are a typical willfully ignorant neocon who hasn't a clue as to the facts regarding the discussions you enter.

My ideology is plain common sense. I know what works and what doesn't by paying attention to and learning from history. I'm also a highly educated individual so if you think you're going to argue economics and business with me and not get smacked right back down on your juvenile Nickelodeon behind, you're quite mistaken.

Folks, either this imbecile is some clown who gets off on playing the fool or Bro has been tazed to the point of stupidity...as I've demonstrated above. So it looks like he'll just devolve into just another insipidly stubborn neocon parrot

Last edited:
The conservative idea that cleaning up the cash-flow statement with debt when that is what causing the bleeding is obviously wrong but that does make the liberal position right. The proper goals are:

Liberalizing bankruptcy laws to get this crap behind us.

Abolish all interest rate deductions to free up assets.

Cut federal expenditures to 18% of GDP as an alternative to pulling an Iceland.

End the empire.

But even in the great depression they refused to do that much. They strictly enforced poaching laws while starving people tried to feed themselves and their kids but they never offered up anything like a foreclosure holiday. In fact more people lost their homesteads to tax claims and tax auctions than to real bankruptcy.

It isn't like the means to salve the hardship is absent. It is the will that is absent.

Recessions and depressions are gold mines for the wealthiest. Most informed people dabble with the idea that they are intentionally manufactured events, and for that reason.

Forum List

Back