And here is why you don't civilian trial terrorists from Gitmo

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Judge bans key witness from detainee's NY trial - Yahoo! News

The Judge barred the key witness. Not because he was not going to tell the truth, but because they learned of him from harsh interrogation methods.

The Terrorist was not captured by civilian forces, he was not captured in the United States. He is an enemy combatant. The Judge has no choice but to throw out most of the Governments case. And that is EXACTLY why these cases do not belong in Federal Courts.

But RGS... the islam lovers and terrorist coddlers were already aware that that shit would happen. That's why they want it. They want to give radical islamists and terrorists all the breaks they can. They need to do what they can to weaken America you know, to appease their America guilt complex.

Even NOW, despite ALL the warnings that we tried to provide to the idiot liberal Democratics -- especially our tragically ignorant and rather stupid President -- the "commander in Chief" is STILL unlikely to grasp any of this.

It is beyond pathetic. It is even beyond tragic. It is outright dangerous.

If we extend the "logic" of the Obama Administration, in the end we will "discover" that the Constitution IS a suicide pact.

What a jackass.

Rush got it exactly right. Our President is a jackass.

I wish I had an answer for how to handle these people. There are no easy answers. Even military tribunals are bound by due process, and that's what we can't give them and still get justice. But the alternative is holding them indefinitely without trial. It would take somebody a lot wiser than either our current or former POTUS to sort this one out. I'm not sure there is an answer.

On a lighter note, did you read any of the comments to the article? Good god, the amount of disinformation out there is pathetic.

Sounds more like a case of why you shouldn't torture people.

Good point. Law enforcement doesn't, military doesn't, but this guy and most of the others went through CIA - which apparently does, or at least did.

But now what do you do with the people for whom it's too late?

Good point. Law enforcement doesn't, military doesn't, but this guy and most of the others went through CIA - which apparently does, or at least did.

You follow the rule of law, like what was done in this case. It's a shame, because many of them probably are terrorists, but that doesn't change the law.

You follow the rule of law, like what was done in this case. It's a shame, because many of them probably are terrorists, but that doesn't change the law.

Ultimately you're probably right - on both counts. It wouldn't matter where they're tried, the end result would be the same. We simply do not have a special CIA court that is allowed to make evidentiary exceptions for "special" CIA methods. But what a mess, it's lose-lose for us no matter what we do with it.

Ultimately you're probably right - on both counts. It wouldn't matter where they're tried, the end result would be the same. We simply do not have a special CIA court that is allowed to make evidentiary exceptions for "special" CIA methods. But what a mess, it's lose-lose for us no matter what we do with it.

Thankfully we don't have a special CIA court that's allowed to do whatever it wants. Yet.

Thankfully we don't have a special CIA court that's allowed to do whatever it wants. Yet.

Don't say that "yet". The day that happens is the day I really do pack my bags and head for the northern border. I don't think the system is that irretrievably broken though....yet.

Don't say that "yet". The day that happens is the day I really do pack my bags and head for the northern border. I don't think the system is that irretrievably broken though....yet.

We're already seeing the beginning stages. We actually have people calling for special lawless trials for people designated by the President to be "enemy combatants," because certainly we can't follow the rule of law for these evil evil people. We have torture, we have rendition, we have indefinite detention without a trial, and it's the natural of tendency for government to grow. It's a sad state of affairs.

We're already seeing the beginning stages. We actually have people calling for special lawless trials for people designated by the President to be "enemy combatants," because certainly we can't follow the rule of law for these evil evil people. We have torture, we have rendition, we have indefinite detention without a trial, and it's the natural of tendency for government to grow. It's a sad state of affairs.

Thankfully those idiots aren't the ones calling the shots. Did you read the comments on that article from the link in the OP? :cuckoo:

I agree with them that's it's dangerous to release these people, but they can't stay locked up forever without trial either, and you can't try them without Due Process - which was violated the moment the CIA deviated from the UCMJ.

Like I said, lose-lose. I wish I had an answer, but I'm just not sure there is one.

Thankfully those idiots aren't the ones calling the shots. Did you read the comments on that article from the link in the OP? :cuckoo:

I agree with them that's it's dangerous to release these people, but they can't stay locked up forever without trial either, and you can't try them without Due Process - which was violated the moment the CIA deviated from the UCMJ.

Like I said, lose-lose. I wish I had an answer, but I'm just not sure there is one.

Obama is listening to them, however.

Obama is listening to them, however.

Yes...and no. If he were really listening to them, there wouldn't be a trial taking place in District Court. And especially not in NYC. On the other hand, with all of the communities that offered to host a supermax to house detainees and the finding that Gitmo is subject to US jurisdiction (no shocker there), there is no other reason Gitmo is still open and populated. I give him a 50% on that one.

I think all the terrorist should have a fair trial. They should be found guilty fairly. Then they need to be publically hung in a very fair way. I'm all for the same fairness they have shown America.

Thank you George W. Bush for this clusterfuck.

President Bush is not the President giving us any clusterfuck. That accolade goes entirely to the idiot President presently infesting the Oval Orifice.

Bullshit. I won't argue Obama's merits....because there aren't any to argue. Bush created this monster, ignored it and left it for the next guy to sort out......whoever he or she might have been. Yeah, it's Obama's to deal with NOW, but it is because Bush wouldn't deal with it THEN.

Forum List

Back