ANd here is the problem

Just a simple question, Shog.

You never convinced anyone that this is an issue that can be voted on, btw.

I don't have to convince you or anyone that democracy is a product of the will of the people. Feel free to dive right into dictionary.com.

But, if the sum total of your ability is to assume that I hate gays then it's really no wonder why you are going down with the clinton campaign.

under DOMA, NY does not have to recognize gay marriage from another state

Lets just have every State refuse to recognize every other States legal acts, that should make for fun times, I wouldn't advice moving from one State to another under that circumstance.

I don't have to convince you or anyone that democracy is a product of the will of the people. Feel free to dive right into dictionary.com.

But, if the sum total of your ability is to assume that I hate gays then it's really no wonder why you are going down with the clinton campaign.

You are sensitive, aren't you?

no, just smarter than you. And, able to head you off at a rather predictable pass.

:cool:

no, just smarter than you. And, able to head you off at a rather predictable pass.

:cool:

I'm happy you think so. You've neither answered a simple question nor convinced anyone but yourself that the tyranny of the majority is constitutional when it comes to civil rights.

tyranny of the majority might be a nice buzz word that you discovered while googling a response but marriage has never been a civil RIGHT. If you can show me what constitution says so feel free....

tyranny of the majority might be a nice buzz word that you discovered while googling a response but marriage has never been a civil RIGHT. If you can show me what constitution says so feel free....

Right after you show me in the constitution where it says people can be denied civil unions or marriage.

Marriage is not a civil right any more than driving is. You would know that if you had half a brain and the slightest intent of using the constitution as your basis for understanding how our government works.

Marriage is not a civil right any more than driving is. You would know that if you had half a brain and the slightest intent of using the constitution as your basis for understanding how our government works.

When was the last time a gay person was denied a driver's license?

oh well.. another example of the judiciery trumping the legislation.

BRAVO.

:clap2:

Read this. Perhaps it will help since you seem to not understand the concept of judicial review:

The legislature cannot pass a law that violates the constitution. What laws violate the constitution is the purview of the court.

have fun reading.

"It is emphatically the province and duty of the judicial department to say what the law is. Those who apply the rule to particular cases, must of necessity expound and interpret that rule. If two laws conflict with each other, the courts must decide on the operation of each."

— Chief Justice John Marshall

http://www.landmarkcases.org/marbury/home.html

When was the last time a gay person was denied a driver's license?

clearly, you are not swift enough to catch my references, Ravi. Driving is a privilage not a right. A state regulated one too. Indeed, so too, is the legal observation of marriage.

unless, of course, you can show me a CONSTITUTION that says otherwise...

:eusa_whistle:

clearly, you are not swift enough to catch my references, Ravi. Driving is a privilage not a right. A state regulated one too. Indeed, so too, is the legal observation of marriage.

unless, of course, you can show me a CONSTITUTION that says otherwise...

:eusa_whistle:

Again.. NO IT'S NOT. AND AGAIN SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO. LOVING v VIRGINIA DOES IT FOR HER.

Are you retarded today?

Read this. Perhaps it will help since you seem to not understand the concept of judicial review:
The legislature cannot pass a law that violates the constitution. What laws violate the constitution is the purview of the court.
have fun reading.
http://www.landmarkcases.org/marbury/home.html

and yet, the state perogative to determine it's own definition of marriage it not only ALLOWED but in no way, shape, or form violates the Constitution.

I guess this is where you whip out the interstate commerce clause, eh?

:rolleyes:

Again.. NO IT'S NOT. AND AGAIN SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO. LOVING v VIRGINIA DOES IT FOR HER.

Are you retarded today?

RACE BASED legal restrictions EQUALS sexuality now, eh?

hey, I hear the interstate commerce clause is a helluva catchall too.

and yet, the state perogative to determine it's own definition of marriage it not only ALLOWED but in no way, shape, or form violates the Constitution.

I guess this is where you whip out the interstate commerce clause, eh?

First you have to grasp the concept of judicial review. Then perhaps we can go on from there. I know your smoking is the only fundamental right you believe exists, but that isn't quite the case.

Forum List

Back