And ANOTHER Example Of Political Correctness Run Amoke

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
Both Betty Crocker and Mother Goose might be shocked if they took a stroll through The Market at the Indiana Memorial Union in search of one of their favorite cookies: the Gingerbread Man.

They'd find one all right, wrapped neatly in plastic with two red candy eyes peering back at them. But when they flipped the cookie over to find its price, they'd discover their man stripped of his gender, with a label reading "ginger person."

About eight years ago, all the gingery treats supplied at the IMU were renamed to make the cookies more politically correct, said Mary Frohliger, an IMU employee of 23 years who works at both Sugar & Spice and Kiva.

"I've had a lady come in and say she's glad it's called a 'person,'" said Steve Richards, retail operations director of food service in the IMU, the Wendell Wright Education building and the Herman B Wells Library.

Some think the change is too much.

"I thought they were kind of going overboard," said Frohliger. "And Mother Goose would not be happy. You can't go, 'Run, run, run as fast as you can, you can't catch me, I'm a gingerbread person.' That doesn't work; you can't do the rhyme without 'man.'"

http://www.idsnews.com/subsite/story.php?id=30871

The political correctness practiced at I.U. is rampant, and now it's even affected the bakery. Tsk! Tsk! I'll bet some lib prof or administrator thought it well worth his/her time to make a special trip to Sugar 'n Spice to specifically point out to the bakery workers that they make gingerbread persons, not gingerbread men.

i had no idea the gingerbread man was so controversial. i guess there wasnt enough bullshit going on so they came up with this?

Got to keep the brainwashing of those impressionable young minds going, you know, even if that means a trip to the bakery. ;)

Forum List

Back