Ancient Tablets CONFIRM the Bible

Man up, Robert.

Take your best shot. I got no time to run around looking up stuff for you when I doubt you'd even read the answer.

Pick your best one out of your giant bag and I'll answer you as best I can.

So wait, you don't even know the bible? What kind of Christian are you?

Are you the same kind of Christian like Dr. Pepper is a Dr? :eusa_eh:

Oh, and if I get to pick one:

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

Now go ahead and defend it.

Hey, before I look at this, what is the actual question?

thanks for finally giving your best shot.

alas, by various means i came to the conclusion that JenT will continue her evasive dance.

My guess is that she will honestly fail to see anything wrong with Robert's quote. She has already shown she has a difficult time understanding that a woman's body might belong to her.

You're kidding right?

Well, I'm going to beyond whether this is right or wrong. (Though that is a question too) I'm going to ask you whether you think it was wrong to put this in the bible?

If you say yes, you admit to the Bible being infallible, therefore either written by men or a sexist God.

If you say no, may God have mercy on your soul. :eusa_eh:

Well, I'm going to beyond whether this is right or wrong. (Though that is a question too) I'm going to ask you whether you think it was wrong to put this in the bible?

If you say yes, you admit to the Bible being infallible, therefore either written by men or a sexist God.

I'll be back :)

I'll be back :)

are you asking someone for advice??

good call, you are snookered.

Resorting to twisting words now? The Bible is not silly. Many of your accusations are.

So is this going to be it? Your best shot? Let me know and I"ll get back to you.

I'm not twisting your words. I want answers from you and you say my questions are silly things.

This is not some bullshit story, this is what the actual bible says. Not my fault it's sexist. :eusa_eh:

WHY do YOU want answers from HER on what YOU find foolish?

Doesn't make sense Robert....???

You don't care what her answer will be, so why in the heck should she kneel to you and do your research on finding out what those passages really mean TO YOU? She already knows what they mean to her...IT'S YOU who does not understand them and she will NEVER be able to help YOU with understanding them...ONLY YOU can do that Robert....on YOUR own....and only if it really matters to you will you do such...

My bet is that NONE of those questions really matter to you...

So why jump on this bashing bandwagon on to Jen? WHY? Does it make you feel superior Robert...an adult or something?

The cruelty of people on this board, with very little thought to the cruelty, is amazing to me..... sheesh....

And you guys NEVER can do it alone... you have to gang bang....even worse.

:confused:

Care

Man up, Robert.

Take your best shot. I got no time to run around looking up stuff for you when I doubt you'd even read the answer.

Pick your best one out of your giant bag and I'll answer you as best I can.

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

Nice bit of soft shoe there, tiny dancer.

Resorting to twisting words now? The Bible is not silly. Many of your accusations are.

So is this going to be it? Your best shot? Let me know and I"ll get back to you.

I'm not twisting your words. I want answers from you and you say my questions are silly things.

This is not some bullshit story, this is what the actual bible says. Not my fault it's sexist. :eusa_eh:

You don't care what her answer will be, so why in the heck should she kneel to you and do your research on finding out what those passages really mean TO YOU? She already knows what they mean to her...IT'S YOU who does not understand them and she will NEVER be able to help YOU with understanding them...ONLY YOU can do that Robert....on YOUR own....and only if it really matters to you will you do such...

So why jump on this bashing bandwagon on to Jen? WHY? Does it make you feel superior Robert...an adult or something?

The cruelty of people on this board, with very little thought to the cruelty, is amazing to me..... sheesh....

Care
Care, why do people post things on message boards that they claim "proves" the Bible is true when in fact their proof is nothing of the sort unless they want someone to question them? If Jen wanted yes-man answers she'd be posting her "facts" elsewhere, no?

or, more likely, similar origins. The flood is not unique to jewish mythology. Neither are messiahs and afterlife consequences for actions. Just because hamurabi was the first guy to write down law doesn't mean our modern legal precedence validates his mythical beliefs. If ancient testimony is all it takes then why does the parthenon not validate the Greek pantheon?

Hammurabi king of Babylon?

Did you know that Assyriologists identify him with "Amraphel" one of the kings Abraham pursued to rescue Lot?

I thought that was fascinating.

All aboard Gilgamesh's Arc! The Flood's a comin!

Don't you know that Gilgamesh and his wife were the only humans to survive the Great Flood of Enki the creator?

Care

hey, this sounds like YOU are a christian. you know, one of those rare christians.

Care

I think he asked a perfectly fair question. She's spent endless posts trying to convince people that her religious beliefs, and hers alone, are the only valid ones. Why shouldn't he ask her to defend a passage from the book she claims we must all revere as the word of god?

The things I've said to Jen are things I'd say regardless if anyone else agreed with me. Besides being an insufferable twit and a phoney, she's a hatemonger who spreads lies. There is nothing nice about this one, despite the cutsie-wootsie act she puts on.

Care
Care, why do people post things on message boards that they claim "proves" the Bible is true when in fact their proof is nothing of the sort unless they want someone to question them? If Jen wanted yes-man answers she'd be posting her "facts" elsewhere, no?

Ravi, do what you did in the beginning of this thread....question the validity of the tablets and how they relate to her Bible and the creation story....

I only got through the posts up to this one of Roberts and was sickened by the BASHING from those who don't believe the same as her...

when one can simply say, "I don't believe these tablets do verify the creation story and this is why..." and then she could debate why she thinks the other is wrong....

This is the first thread I have entered of Jen's, and it was just by chance I entered it....her other thread titles did not catch enough of my interest, and I just thought she should be able to profess whatever it is that is dear to her, in how she wanted....

JB, seems to have no problem mouthing off on what he believes....and what he thinks of Christians, including me...and that's fine and dandy with me...

Care

Care

hey, this sounds like YOU are a christian. you know, one of those rare christians.
She is. :)

Care

very good, i like you already. i developed a severe dislike of JenT, however. i blame her posting style for that, of course.

very good, i like you already. i developed a severe dislike of JenT, however. i blame her posting style for that, of course.
That's nice! I like you too. Yes, her posting style is quite aggravating. It's probably the main reason I engage with her. Generally I don't waste much time on types like her that spam the board with rhetoric and then avoid serious debate. Care does sort of have a point in that Jen can sometimes bring out the worst in people and I think that as long as she gets attention here, good or bad, she'll continue to be a pest here.

That's nice! I like you too. Yes, her posting style is quite aggravating. It's probably the main reason I engage with her. Generally I don't waste much time on types like her that spam the board with rhetoric and then avoid serious debate. Care does sort of have a point in that Jen can sometimes bring out the worst in people and I think that as long as she gets attention here, good or bad, she'll continue to be a pest here.

shit, i wanted to say i like care4all. dammit this is awkward. i blame my posting style of drinking beer while posting.

but i like you too,

ooff, good save?

:eek:

shit, i wanted to say i like care4all. dammit this is awkward. i blame my posting style of drinking beer while posting.

but i like you too,

ooff, good save?

LOL! I still like ya anyway. Here's to Care! :beer:

but i like you too,

ooff, good save?

LOL! I still like ya anyway. Here's to Care! :beer:

very good, i like you Aal. :beer:

New Topics

Forum List

Back