ancient history or religion

I even question mandatory school from time to time---I realize we need to educate kids but is this the best way to go about it ?

dilloduck said:
I even question mandatory school from time to time---I realize we need to educate kids but is this the best way to go about it ?

I doubt that, but it is the way we do it. Each state has the right to figure the best way, unfortunately it seems we all got the same map and can't seem to get ourselves out of a rut.

everyone needs a private school. a stoner school, a punk school, religion...etc. that way no one has to be offended by what ayone else wears.
now im offended by everyone being offended. Americans needs to check themselves to make sure they still Americans. instead of trying to get around the constitution, maybe we should be trying to work within it

dilloduck said:
homeschool them. keep them away from the "others". that would be the best way to ensure they get a quality education away from crap like that. that way you can teach the bible til your blue inthe face and no one cares.

Johnney said:
homeschool them. keep them away from the "others". that would be the best way to ensure they get a quality education away from crap like that. that way you can teach the bible til your blue inthe face and no one cares.

You have to homeschool them even tho they attend school--public ecucation is never enough. Mandatory and publicly funded education appears to be failing miserably. The ones that take education seriously are being stifled by the obstructist, undisciplined assholes. Teachers get pitiful pay and governmental influence turns the process into mush.

dilloduck said:
You have to homeschool them even tho they attend school--public ecucation is never enough. Mandatory and publicly funded education appears to be failing miserably. The ones that take education seriously are being stifled by the obstructist, undisciplined assholes. Teachers get pitiful pay and governmental influence turns the process into mush.
thats true. do they really think that minimal pay and work doesnt apply to education also? stricter rules and higher pay are whats needed now days in public schools. if not, how do they think teachers are going to it seriously? "i dont get paid enough for this shit" comes to mind. educators, at least in this area, are one of the lowest paid people around. and its shameful. these are the ones who are trying to educate our children. something else comes to mind... "you get what you pay for"

teacher should regain the option to fail students without getting
sued by the parents for some pc crap.

That would help for a starter.

Johnney said:
thats true. do they really think that minimal pay and work doesnt apply to education also? stricter rules and higher pay are whats needed now days in public schools. if not, how do they think teachers are going to it seriously? "i dont get paid enough for this shit" comes to mind. educators, at least in this area, are one of the lowest paid people around. and its shameful. these are the ones who are trying to educate our children. something else comes to mind... "you get what you pay for"

Often the payment for teaching comes at the end, not at the beginning. At the beginning they are often payed low wages but as time passes they become well compensated. It is especially relavant that in addition to pay in many places teachers do not have to pay into the Social Security debacle and have accounts called 401-E's that are payed into and matched like SS.

Anecdotally, I have a coworker here that has a wife that teaches in Jr. High. She makes more than every one of us and we would definitely not be considered poor. She has been teaching for 12 years and has a Masters Degree. When she first started she barely made any money but as time progresses they increase to a level that matches or exceeds counterparts in the Business world.

no1tovote4 said:
Often the payment for teaching comes at the end, not at the beginning. At the beginning they are often payed low wages but as time passes they become well compensated. It is especially relavant that in addition to pay in many places teachers do not have to pay into the Social Security debacle and have accounts called 401-E's that are payed into and matched like SS.

Anecdotally, I have a coworker here that has a wife that teaches in Jr. High. She makes more than every one of us and we would definitely not be considered poor. She has been teaching for 12 years and has a Masters Degree. When she first started she barely made any money but as time progresses they increase to a level that matches or exceeds counterparts in the Business world.
thats nice, but its not everyone.

no1tovote4 said:

Some do achieve some financial success yet I bet they aren't teaching in grades k-6 where kids need the most help and the frustation they incur from dealing with ever changing political administations takes the patience of Job---only the truly dedicated to sacrifice are willing to continue.

Johnney said:
thats nice, but its not everyone.

It is generally true that teachers are compensated more at later years.

And it is clear that not all teachers are as "Underpaid and Underappreciated" as everybody says that they are. Using the beginning pay they make people believe that the entire teachers union is full of underpaid people that gave up a good livelihood to teach your children. While teaching is a noble profession they are not as undercompensated as people believe they are.

dilloduck said:
Some do achieve some financial success yet I bet they aren't teaching in grades k-6 where kids need the most help and the frustation they incur from dealing with ever changing political administations takes the patience of Job---only the truly dedicated to sacrifice are willing to continue.

While not compensated at the level of High School or Jr. High teachers those in Grade school follow pretty much the same scale. If they get a Masters they too will get more money, etc. The compensation does come later, but isn't that true in most professions? Not usually at such a large degree of difference as teaching has, but they do negotiate their own contracts.

As I said, teaching is a noble profession but they are not as poor as people have been led to believe.

dilloduck said:
those are they times they need to make school very intersting so kids will want to keep up with their education. if they have bad experiences during this time, they will remember this for the next year and not be so into paying attention. my nephew (Ryen, 6y/o) was a monster at school a couple years ago. they changed something there (new teachers, material or whatever i dont know what), and hes actually been really good now.

Cool now lets revive the entended question.

If Teachers and students are punished for wearing christian charms or marks of identity on clothing, should not the same rule apply to other religions.

Also If the study or mention of christianity is shuned in public schools, should not egytian and greek lore follow suit because of there religious origins?

RAGE said:
Cool now lets revive the entended question.

If Teachers and students are punished for wearing christian charms or marks of identity on clothing, should not the same rule apply to other religions.

Also If the study or mention of christianity is shuned in public schools, should not egytian and greek lore follow suit because of there religious origins?

I heard an interesting point on local talk radio today. A gentleman called in and said something I had never heard put forth, but which makes a LOT of sense.

In regards to the separation of Church and State.... the 1st Amendment says that CONGRESS shall make no laws.... blah, blah, blah. In other words, the FEDERAL government. This was because the federal government was going to let all politics be local. If the states wanted to pass laws, that would be up to them, but the FEDS would not.

I thought it was an interesting point of view and probably right on target with what the founders intended.

Originally some states had their official state religions. However, the 14th Amendment (equal protection under the laws) has been interpreted to mean that the Bill of Rights applies to state governments as well.

gop_jeff said:
Originally some states had their official state religions. However, the 14th Amendment (equal protection under the laws) has been interpreted to mean that the Bill of Rights applies to state governments as well.

Okay, but then why does it say CONGRESS? Why doesn't it say NOBODY or NO STATE? Instead of "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion". From what I can gather from the language used, they just wanted to make sure that the federal government didn't..... but then again, at that time, States' Rights mattered and today they don't.

freeandfun1 said:
Okay, but then why does it say CONGRESS? Why doesn't it say NOBODY or NO STATE? Instead of "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion". From what I can gather from the language used, they just wanted to make sure that the federal government didn't..... but then again, at that time, States' Rights mattered and today they don't.

I'm not disagreeing with you... I actually agree with the principles that you are talking about. All I'm saying is that state's rights, like the right to ignore provisions of the Bill of Rights if they wanted to, have been eroded.

gop_jeff said:
I'm not disagreeing with you... I actually agree with the principles that you are talking about. All I'm saying is that state's rights, like the right to ignore provisions of the Bill of Rights if they wanted to, have been eroded.

yeah, i know, just venting! lol

Forum List

Back