Anchor Screw Repair

Nienna

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2005
Ohio
My son was kicking a ball in the living room, and knocked down a picture from the wall. The anchor screw that was holding it up got knocked askew in the wall. Is there any way to reinforce the wall around this screw hole so I can hang the picture in the same place?

mom4 said:
My son was kicking a ball in the living room, and knocked down a picture from the wall. The anchor screw that was holding it up got knocked askew in the wall. Is there any way to reinforce the wall around this screw hole so I can hang the picture in the same place?
How big/heavy is the picture?

mom4 said:
Not too big... the frame is 13" x 23". It weighs about 2 lbs.
In that case, you could probably get away with spackling the hole, unless it (the hole) is too large for that.

Alternatively, could you put screws, offset horizontally, on each side of the original hole? Will the frame hang that way?

The ClayTaurus said:
In that case, you could probably get away with spackling the hole, unless it (the hole) is too large for that.

Alternatively, could you put screws, offset horizontally, on each side of the original hole? Will the frame hang that way?
The bracket thingie on the back of the frame isn't wide enough for that, but I will try the spackling thing. The hole around the screw isn't very wide; it's just enough so that the picture droops.

Thanks, Clay! :thup:

mom4 said:
The bracket thingie on the back of the frame isn't wide enough for that, but I will try the spackling thing. The hole around the screw isn't very wide; it's just enough so that the picture droops.

Thanks, Clay! :thup:
Just make sure you get as much as you can into the hole, and remember it won't be as strong as it was originally.

I think I'll save this little job for tomorrow. My grandma's coming over. :D

Today, I'll repair my ostrich costume.

mom4 said:
I think I'll save this little job for tomorrow. My grandma's coming over. :D

Today, I'll repair my ostrich costume.

OMG! :wank:

Spackle, Filling Holes, Ostrich Costume and Geriatrics....mom4 - you are a MINX!

For the record, I'd push the anchor into the wall, or otherwise remove it, and hang another JUST above the spot where it once was.

:)

dmp said:
For the record, I'd push the anchor into the wall, or otherwise remove it, and hang another JUST above the spot where it once was.

:)

Can't. It's a grouping of 4 pictures. It needs to remain in the exact spot, or else stuff looks crooked/uneven.

I don't know what you've used to hang this particular picture. But if the hole isn't too large you could get a drywall screw. It expands like this.

I usually hang lightweight pictures on a heavy straight pin. Minimum wall damage.

Joz said:
I don't know what you've used to hang this particular picture. But if the hole isn't too large you could get a drywall screw. It expands like this.

I usually hang lightweight pictures on a heavy straight pin. Minimum wall damage.

I even hang some stuff with a push-pin. It holds better than you'd think.

Drywall screws drive me nuts. I just got done installing some shades, and it took a few tries... I just got a stud finder (insert joke here) so I could use regular screws when I could. Problem was the drywall screw apparatus was too big for the metal brackets of the shades.

William Joyce said:
.....I just got a stud finder (insert joke here) so I could use regular screws when I could.
I'm not trying to be a smart alec , but why did you buy this? Why didn't you just thump the wall?

Forum List

Back